ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   News Ban speeding mini vans in New Mexico (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=278725)

DJ's left nut 11-18-2013 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oregon chief (Post 10203074)
The kid is watching his idiot mother get grabbed by the cops. He is young and reacting to help her out. Easy with the internet trash talk there tough guy.

So that makes him not an idiot?

Look at that kid puffing his chest out and tossing his cap like he's getting into a bar fight.

That kid's dumb as a hammer and if it wasn't this incident that put him in jail, he had one coming within the next few years. This wasn't some gentle lamb going to defend him mom, that kid was looking to rumble with a damn cop. If he doesn't get in the middle of it, his mom ends up with a simple obstruction charge and maybe the cop even lets he go; unlikely, but possible.

Until he decided it was time to be billy badass.

I repeat - he's extremely lucky he didn't get shot.

unlurking 11-18-2013 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oregon chief (Post 10203074)
The kid is watching his idiot mother get grabbed by the cops. He is young and reacting to help her out. Easy with the internet trash talk there tough guy.

So you're advocating assaulting cops just because they're trying to make an arrest?

Eleazar 11-18-2013 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theelusiveeightrop (Post 10203064)
Only fired three shots? When in doubt, empty your clip. Amateur.

They aren't called clips. Amateur :LOL:

Oregon chief 11-18-2013 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 10203103)
So that makes him not an idiot?

Look at that kid puffing his chest out and tossing his cap like he's getting into a bar fight.

That kid's dumb as a hammer and if it wasn't this incident that put him in jail, he had one coming within the next few years. This wasn't some gentle lamb going to defend him mom, that kid was looking to rumble with a damn cop. If he doesn't get in the middle of it, his mom ends up with a simple obstruction charge and maybe the cop even lets he go; unlikely, but possible.

Until he decided it was time to be billy badass.

I repeat - he's extremely lucky he didn't get shot.

Yeah, he's dumb. I'm not defending his actions. But I hardly hold a 14 year old to the same standards as a cop and a mother. He is lucky the trigger happy cops didn't kill him.

If I saw my mom getting man handled by the police I would be very tempted to step in and put a stop to it using aggression. Of course my mom isn't dumb enough to try and fight the cops over a speeding ticket.

DJ's left nut 11-18-2013 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oregon chief (Post 10203133)
Yeah, he's dumb. I'm not defending his actions. But I hardly hold a 14 year old to the same standards as a cop and a mother. He is lucky the trigger happy cops didn't kill him.

If I saw my mom getting man handled by the police I would be very tempted to step in and put a stop to it using aggression. Of course my mom isn't dumb enough to try and fight the cops over a speeding ticket.

That's fair.

But to say he's the only one in the video that's not an idiot (which I disagree with; only one of those cops behaved poorly) is giving him a complete pass.

One can be young and an idiot. This kid qualifies.

Oregon chief 11-18-2013 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unlurking (Post 10203107)
So you're advocating assaulting cops just because they're trying to make an arrest?

Oh no. Just saying trying to defend your mom makes sense for a young kid. Not the right thing to do here by any means, but at least somewhat understandable. Don't get me wrong, he made things worse, but he's just a kid.

MMXcalibur 11-18-2013 07:22 PM

Ban this idiotic "ban" fad.

HonestChieffan 11-18-2013 07:26 PM

Lock her and the asshole kid up in the ****inf NM Desert.

Rain Man 11-18-2013 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oregon chief (Post 10203141)
Oh no. Just saying trying to defend your mom makes sense for a young kid. Not the right thing to do here by any means, but at least somewhat understandable. Don't get me wrong, he made things worse, but he's just a kid.

Yeah, if I was the prosecutor I'd probably go a little lighter on him due to his age. What he did was dumb, but this is a case where a reasonable fourteen year-old might use poor judgment. However, whatever I take off of his sentence I'd add to the mother's sentence because she's an absolute moron. She put her son in that situation by having the IQ of a semi-rotten kumquat.

And I'm curious. I just now watched the video. We see the one cop shooting from the rear, but it looks like the cop on the right (out in the weeds) also pulls his gun. Based on the report it appears that he was smart enough to not shoot, but I thought it was interesting.

I mean, really, people. Just pay the ticket or fight it in court. This is how people get killed and/or go to prison. It's a speeding ticket.

stevieray 11-18-2013 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 10203203)

I mean, really, people. Just pay the ticket or fight it in court. This is how people get killed and/or go to prison. It's a speeding ticket.

Q