ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Food and Drink --Explain what was so God Damned special about the best chicken wings you've ever had (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=318606)

Simply Red 11-02-2018 12:54 PM

--Explain what was so God Damned special about the best chicken wings you've ever had

Hi Guys,

Explain to me what was so damned special about the best buffalo wings you've/you'd ever had/tried.

-Where was it?

-Do you prefer a smaller wing or big fat wings?

-Any good blue cheeses or ranch dressings?

-Do you order regular or tell them 'extra crispy?'

-Flat or drum?

-I'd like some details.

-Drop links and pics...

-Do you like wet-naps, cloth or standard dinner napkins?

-Any beverage you prefer with wings?

-How many can you eat?

....What about the sauce ATOP the wings?

MIAdragon 11-02-2018 01:00 PM

Know it’s blasphemy but not a wing fan at all.

Simply Red 11-02-2018 01:01 PM

I like blue cheese best. :)

htismaqe 11-02-2018 01:01 PM

Wing Stop has the best wings although I prefer lemon pepper and atomic to buffalo.

SuperBowl4 11-02-2018 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MIAdragon (Post 13863440)
Know it’s blasphemy but not a wing fan at all.

Breasts only?

In58men 11-02-2018 01:02 PM

I’m a fan of the curry wings at Buffalo Wild Wings

Simply Red 11-02-2018 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 13863443)
Wing Stop has the best wings although I prefer lemon pepper and atomic to buffalo.

you know I've never been there - and they're all around me. a little drive but i have about 5 w/in 10 miles or so

chinaski 11-02-2018 01:05 PM

Little lakeside bar in Upstate New York on Lake Chautauqua, can't remember the name of the place...this was with my soon to be wife over a decade ago. Probably the setting and circumstances that made them wings taste out of this world. The drinks were really good too. :)

WhawhaWhat 11-02-2018 01:05 PM

The jiggly cleavage that served them.

TribalElder 11-02-2018 01:05 PM

PEANUT KC

RANCH

/end

DJ's left nut 11-02-2018 01:06 PM

I'm a flat guy; crispy (skin only; no breading) with plus heat and ideally a hint of garlic. Size wise, they have to have the right surface/mass ratio. Too big and you end up with bites that have no skin. Too small and you have all skin bites with no chicken.

I'm a pretty big fan of CJ's Wings in Columbia; they make their own sauce so while it's still a basic Louisiana hot sauce style, it's not that overly vinegar Franks foundation that most places have.

I've found places that make what they call 'wrecked' wings that are essentially double fried and the texture on those can be fantastic, but too many of them half-ass the sauce and just douse them in Franks with some butter. Franks has gotten so common at this point that if I'm looking to buy wing sauce, I'll just get some Otts Wing Sauce instead - at least it's something slightly different.

Sassy Squatch 11-02-2018 01:07 PM

Rochester, NY

Buffalo parmesan garlic

Homemade blue cheese

Fat drumstick wings

Winner winner chicken dinner

Simply Red 11-02-2018 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TribalElder (Post 13863457)
PEANUT KC

RANCH

/end

I saw pics of them they look too big. I like a smaller wing.

Coochie liquor 11-02-2018 01:08 PM

--Explain what was so God Damned special about the best chicken wings you've ever had

Best wings I’ve ever had in my life were from a place called Jolly Mons. Dry rub Jamaican jerk wings, so perfectly seasoned they needed no sauce. Very tender like smoked wings. Man I can taste them now!

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...5c4ddc46e3.jpg

Simply Red 11-02-2018 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 13863459)
I'm a flat guy; crispy (skin only; no breading) with plus heat and ideally a hint of garlic. Size wise, they have to have the right surface/mass ratio. Too big and you end up with bites that have no skin. Too small and you have all skin bites with no chicken.

I'm a pretty big fan of CJ's Wings in Columbia; they make their own sauce so while it's still a basic Louisiana hot sauce style, it's not that overly vinegar Franks foundation that most places have.

I've found places that make what they call 'wrecked' wings that are essentially double fried and the texture on those can be fantastic, but too many of them half-ass the sauce and just douse them in Franks with some butter. Franks has gotten so common at this point that if I'm looking to buy wing sauce, I'll just get some Otts Wing Sauce instead - at least it's something slightly different.

You like wings like i do. Also - Otts is good - I've never had their wing sauce, I'm sure it's great. I'm glad we have something else in common aside from both being very educated on NFL football.