ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs *****The Nick Bolton Thread***** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=338119)

Chris Meck 05-01-2021 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 15656954)
He won't. That's the only thing most of you are going to be disappointed with.

He's going to replace Hitchens. He's going to get the Willie Gay treatment this year, especially with the ongoing COVID issues.

It's funny. I'm not over the moon on the pick but see the logic and long-term upside.

Most of you guys are like ecstatic but expect him to move in right away and take snaps from other guys.

Odd little dynamic going on.

Gay barely played in college. Bolton's an entirely different situation, and an entirely different player.

I absolutely expect someone with his intellect, experience, and instincts to play more than Gay did.

htismaqe 05-01-2021 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BryanBusby (Post 15656995)
I think Bolton is going to play more as a rookie than you're thinking.

Possibly but the people thinking he's going to "erase" Niemann are kidding themselves.

With the COVID stuff still somewhat in effect, he's going to get slow-rolled like Gay was. The fact that he has like 3 times the experience will help get him on the field earlier though so he should end up better off than Gay was last year. He still probably ends up 4th in snap counts though.

htismaqe 05-01-2021 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Meck (Post 15657005)
Gay barely played in college. Bolton's an entirely different situation, and an entirely different player.

I absolutely expect someone with his intellect, experience, and instincts to play more than Gay did.

I think the point I'm trying to make is that he's not going to come in and jump Niemann on the depth chart, definitely not right away, and possibly not at all this season.

People need to temper expectations a bit. That way you're setting yourself to be pleasantly surprised when he exceeds them. Every week last year it was "get Gay on the field" and every week people weren't looking at the big picture.

The reasons for taking Bolton are much more far-reaching than reducing Niemann's snaps and much more important, quite frankly.

BryanBusby 05-01-2021 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 15657008)
With the COVID stuff still somewhat in effect, he's going to get slow-rolled like Gay was. The fact that he has like 3 times the experience will help get him on the field earlier though so he should end up better off than Gay was last year. He still probably ends up 4th in snap counts though.

I don't agree.

Gay had the misfortune of being raw as hell during a canceled offseason.

Bolton is a lot more pro ready and this offseason won't be 'as' restrictive.

I think he will see a lot of snaps early on as the Damien Wilson replacement, since they never did replace him.

Easy 6 05-01-2021 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BryanBusby (Post 15657014)
I don't agree.

I think he will see a lot of snaps early on as the Damien Wilson replacement, since they never did replace him.

Yes

htismaqe 05-01-2021 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BryanBusby (Post 15657014)
I don't agree.

Gay is Wilson's replacement. He spent the entire season learning Wilson's base and nickel assignments.

And actually we do kind of agree, we're just kind of talking past each other.

I think Bolton gets more snaps than Gay did last year, that's what I was getting at in my previous posts. I'm just saying I don't think he's getting the bulk of the snap anywhere and we're still going to see a lot of Niemann until later on.

BryanBusby 05-01-2021 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 15657028)
Gay is Wilson's replacement. He spent the entire season learning Wilson's base and nickel assignments.

And actually we do kind of agree, we're just kind of talking past each other.

I think Bolton gets more snaps than Gay did last year, that's what I was getting at in my previous posts. I'm just saying I don't think he's getting the bulk of the snap anywhere and we're still going to see a lot of Niemann until later on.

I thought the same about Gay, but I'm not so sure anymore.

I wouldn't be opposed to another LB today to give less snaps to Niemann.

RealSNR 05-01-2021 12:31 PM

This guy plays just like Harrison Butker! It’s who he compares to!!!

KChiefs1 05-01-2021 02:10 PM

Mizzou stud.

RunKC 05-01-2021 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 15657008)
Possibly but the people thinking he's going to "erase" Niemann are kidding themselves.

I think their goal was to put Neimann where he belongs...on 3rd downs. Neimann is a disaster on early downs. He is way to small and can’t shed blocks

Stryker 05-01-2021 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 15656972)
Exactly.

It isn't flashy but it is solid. Every draft can't be sizzle, sometimes you need some steak.

This is one of the best offseason feelings since Mahomes and better than almost anything that came before.

I think this team got TOUGHER over the last 2 weeks and that's a big, big deal.

Absolutely this! It feels fresh and it's about DAMN time! I love this new era Chiefs! :thumb:

htismaqe 05-01-2021 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BryanBusby (Post 15657053)
I thought the same about Gay, but I'm not so sure anymore.

I wouldn't be opposed to another LB today to give less snaps to Niemann.

I think people are worried way too much about Niemann. He’s going to fade out organically as Gay and Bolton get more playing time. Everybody just needs to be patient. It’s not like Niemann cost us a shot at another Lombardi or anything

BryanBusby 05-01-2021 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 15657624)
I think people are worried way too much about Niemann. He’s going to fade out organically as Gay and Bolton get more playing time. Everybody just needs to be patient. It’s not like Niemann cost us a shot at another Lombardi or anything

Niemann is ****ing balls.

Tribal Warfare 05-01-2021 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BryanBusby (Post 15657892)
Niemann is ****ing balls.

His brother was drafted by the Chargers

BryanBusby 05-01-2021 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 15657897)
His brother was drafted by the Chargers

Maybe they will trade for the other one and unveil the fortress of suck.