ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   KU **** OFFICIAL 2012-2013 Kansas Basketball Repository Thread **** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=265263)

Mr_Tomahawk 10-16-2012 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 9021948)
Michigan State is gonna ****ing kill you!

Why?

lewdog 10-16-2012 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 9021951)
Why?

I am a Michigan State bball fan but I am not being serious with that comment. Just trying to act tough.

After a year of Royals baseball and Chiefs football, I am hoping State doesn't let me down. Although I have a feeling they will this year. :(

cmh6476 10-16-2012 08:04 PM

The wife and I were planning on going to Late Night. Went to dropped the kids off, and my daughter tied a rope around my mom's cats neck, who then took off and hid under a wood pile. My mom sat outside waiting for the cat to come out, so we didn't get to go.

:(

ArrowheadHawk 10-16-2012 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmh6476 (Post 9022225)
The wife and I were planning on going to Late Night. Went to dropped the kids off, and my daughter tied a rope around my mom's cats neck, who then took off and hid under a wood pile. My mom sat outside waiting for the cat to come out, so we didn't get to go.

:(

ROFL

Fansy the Famous Bard 10-16-2012 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 9021821)
Found a new reason to hate Duke

Seriously.......**** Duke

Pablo 10-16-2012 08:53 PM

That was a great documentary.

Oh, and **** Duke.

Mr_Tomahawk 10-16-2012 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PostRockPablo (Post 9022605)
That was a great documentary.

Oh, and **** Duke.

Cliff's Notes?

CoMoChief 10-16-2012 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 9022628)
Cliff's Notes?

Hardcore KU fan read in NY Times that original rules of basketball by James Naismith were auctioning up for sale.

KU fan researches top KU donors (rich guys) and flies around the country to meet up with these donors to try and convince them to put forth the money to buy these 13 Commandments of Basketball. Meanwhile it goes into the history of KU and basketball and the coaching tree etc.

Only one donor is left to reach out to...the Booth family of course. He gets together with Phog Allen's family in Mission Hills and tries to pitch to the school on why these NEED to be at Allen Fieldhouse, but KU (the school) isn't buying that these "rules" are authentic and originally don't want anything to do w/ them. Think it's a bad investment.

Bill Self comes in and tells the school to STFU I'm Bill ****ing Self, ruler of everything that is Kansas and you do what I say. So then the school is on board w/ this idea.

This kid gets this all together in like 20days..includes meetings, flying around the country to meet w/ legendary KU coaches players etc to try and make the sales pitch to Booth to put up the money to win this item.

Auction starts and these rules and also with some other awesome items like the original Emancipation Proclamation signed by Abe Lincoln himself and a flag that was standing at Custards Last Stand.

Booth was only thinking about spending $1M maybe $1.5M.....some other asshole was bidding and increasing and increasing the bid...all the way up to $3.8M and Booth still kept to his word bless his heart and the other guy who wanted them was a snobby jew Duke grad and knew the other person in the bidding (Booth) wasn't going to quit so he kept bidding what seemed to be on purpose.

But Booth got them.

HolyHandgernade 10-16-2012 09:12 PM

It was an awesome documentary. Unrelenting will, loyalty, and genrerosity.

L.A. Chieffan 10-16-2012 09:43 PM

Great scene with the Sotheby auction. Fantastic.

CoMoChief 10-16-2012 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L.A. Chieffan (Post 9022817)
Great scene with the Sotheby auction. Fantastic.

It was pretty intense even knowing what the outcome would be.

If I was that fan, I would have left the god damn room. LMAO

or maybe not...that's probably what kept Booth from saying "no" who knows..

Silock 10-16-2012 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 9022675)
a snobby jew

You should be banned for this remark. **** you.

<- just another Jew

Ceej 10-16-2012 10:17 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Finally...

A team I follow who ****ing wins.

YESSSSSSSS!!!!!!

I want to give some random stranger a diamond cutter now!!

Titty Meat 10-17-2012 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 9022675)
Hardcore KU fan read in NY Times that original rules of basketball by James Naismith were auctioning up for sale.

KU fan researches top KU donors (rich guys) and flies around the country to meet up with these donors to try and convince them to put forth the money to buy these 13 Commandments of Basketball. Meanwhile it goes into the history of KU and basketball and the coaching tree etc.

Only one donor is left to reach out to...the Booth family of course. He gets together with Phog Allen's family in Mission Hills and tries to pitch to the school on why these NEED to be at Allen Fieldhouse, but KU (the school) isn't buying that these "rules" are authentic and originally don't want anything to do w/ them. Think it's a bad investment.

Bill Self comes in and tells the school to STFU I'm Bill ****ing Self, ruler of everything that is Kansas and you do what I say. So then the school is on board w/ this idea.

This kid gets this all together in like 20days..includes meetings, flying around the country to meet w/ legendary KU coaches players etc to try and make the sales pitch to Booth to put up the money to win this item.

Auction starts and these rules and also with some other awesome items like the original Emancipation Proclamation signed by Abe Lincoln himself and a flag that was standing at Custards Last Stand.

Booth was only thinking about spending $1M maybe $1.5M.....some other asshole was bidding and increasing and increasing the bid...all the way up to $3.8M and Booth still kept to his word bless his heart and the other guy who wanted them was a snobby jew Duke grad and knew the other person in the bidding (Booth) wasn't going to quit so he kept bidding what seemed to be on purpose.

But Booth got them.

Wow

Lzen 10-17-2012 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saulbadguy (Post 9021925)
When do you guys think you will get to see a copy of the rules of football?

That's probably in West Virginia right now. About to be rammed up KSU's butt.