ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Denver - LMAO John Fox is a moron (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268807)

CoMoChief 01-12-2013 07:49 PM

Good job Dave Lame.

RINGLEADER 01-12-2013 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9310172)
It's worse that you have Peyton Manning 2 timeouts, 30 second and the ball to kick a field goal and you kneel

No doubt.

Tim Tebow has more playoff wins then Peyton Manning.

Pasta Little Brioni 01-12-2013 09:19 PM

Herm Fox

-King- 01-12-2013 09:22 PM

Like I said in the game thread, no matter who your QB is, the right call is to run there.

And we all saw what Manning does when the ball is in his hands with the game on the line... so let's not act like a first down would have been assured on that 3rd and 7 play.

Messier 01-12-2013 09:28 PM

I keep thinking about the NFL "expert" Petro had on his show yesterday, almost laughing at the notion that Andy Reid is in the same class as John Fox. Petro kind of agreed. I hope he addresses it on Monday, but I doubt it.

CoMoChief 01-12-2013 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 9311739)
Like I said in the game thread, no matter who your QB is, the right call is to run there.

And we all saw what Manning does when the ball is in his hands with the game on the line... so let's not act like a first down would have been assured on that 3rd and 7 play.

Herm is that you? Worrying about throwing a INT on 3rd n 7 is probably the most conservative you could possibly be given the situation at hand.

So you just essentially give up the down and punt and give the opposing offense another chance to score by running the ball? What is assured is that you give the ball back to the offense with more than enough time left on the clock to score and tie the game. A good game coach does what he can so that he doesn't give the opposing team any chance to score. STUPID STUPID move by Fox.

If you don't make a first down on 3rd n 7...okay/fine...then you can punt and hope the defense stops them from scoring. A first down wins the damn game and they're playing next weekend.

Mother****erJones 01-12-2013 10:43 PM

Quote:

It's worse that you have Peyton Manning 2 timeouts, 30 second and the ball to kick a field goal and you kneel

Did you see their kicker attempt that 52 yarder? I didnt mind that move. Nor the 3rd and 7. Why risk an incompletion and give the opponent more time? Thats all on Del Rio. Get your safeties back deep

FloridaMan88 01-12-2013 10:44 PM

If Marty gets fired after a 14-2 season and a loss in the divisional round of the playoffs in San Diego, Denver is justified in firiing Fox after this dumpster fire of a loss.

CoMoChief 01-12-2013 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dtchiefs4life (Post 9312134)
Did you see their kicker attempt that 52 yarder? I didnt mind that move. Nor the 3rd and 7. Why risk an incompletion and give the opponent more time? Thats all on Del Rio. Get your safeties back deep

Denver stopped the clock anyways by calling their 1st time out.

3rd and 7 at DEN 47 R.Hillman right guard to DEN 47 for no gain (M.Kemoeatu).

- Timeout #1 by DEN at 01:15.

4th and 7 at DEN 47 B.Colquitt punts 30 yards to BLT 23, Center-A.Brewer, fair catch by J.Jones.

So it's 7 yds to win the ballgame and move on to the AFC Championship game, or give the opposing offense one more chance to score...which ended up happening. If they pass the ball and don't make it, get an incompletion, they about 5 seconds is taken off the clock at a minimum. The opposing team still has to go almost 80 yds for a TD..a FG wouldn't cut it.

You pass on that 3rd down. No questions asked.

This isn't the reg season...you lose you're season is done...you win you move on to the AFC Championship game. You go for the win.

007 01-12-2013 11:05 PM

Quote:

THIS. I couldn't believe they elected to take it to overtime with all that in their pocket.

Ultra Peanut 01-12-2013 11:07 PM

STUPID STUPID STUPIDS

Everyone knew what Denver was getting when they made that completely perplexing hire. He was so frustrating with Carolina and I cackled with glee when they hired him.

Sorter 01-12-2013 11:19 PM

They were more aggressive with Tebow v. Steelers than they were with Peyton ****ing Manning.

What the **** does that even mean? ROFL

AussieChiefsFan 01-12-2013 11:31 PM

Quote:

That was so hilarious ROFLROFL

Sorter 01-12-2013 11:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AussieChiefsFan (Post 9312281)
That was so hilarious ROFLROFL

I laughed, facepalmed, then laughed again. Jesus, is Fox reeruned or does he not realize Teboner isn't under center anymore?

AussieChiefsFan 01-12-2013 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9312287)
I laughed, facepalmed, then laughed again. Jesus, is Fox reeruned or does he not realize Teboner isn't under center anymore?

Man its just incredible. Close game, time on clock, peyton manning and co., 2 timeouts. ROFL