ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Deshaun Watson is not a top 10 QB (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=334613)

RunKC 10-27-2020 03:58 PM

Watson needs coaching very badly. Things like his pocket roaming and footwork can absolutely be corrected.

Watson would be a much better QB here under Andy. Take a look at how out of control Patrick’s footwork was in his first preseason to the beginning of his 2nd year.

Watson has a career 100+ Rating playing out of control. If he gets a good coach with better weapons he can be very good.

But regardless of that, he’s still a top 10 QB.

Megatron96 10-27-2020 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 15280302)
Because outside of his injury problems, Wentz is still a smart, accurate QB for the most part.

Watson absolutely had Hopkins as a safety blanket. Just chuck it up there and let Hopkins take care of it. Without that, Watson becomes very ordinary. He needs a DK Metcalf guy out there.

Well, Wentz has plenty of purely boneheaded plays on his resumé as well, but overall yeah, Wentz is the more savvy QB to this point. And mostly Wentz is more consistently accurate.

Deshaun can be accurate, but he throws a lot of 'off-center' throws. I noticed it last season or the one before in a couple games where he inexplicably threw balls that DHop had to make some incredible athletic move just to catch what should've been a routine pitch and catch. A couple of them cost them TDs, because Hopkins had to either go back and get the pass, or he had to launch himself 5 yards and twist around to make a catch, that if those had hit him in the hands he would've walked into the EZ. And on the two I remember fairly well, he wasn't under pressure. He could've jsut set his feet and made a normal overhand throw 7 yards or 10 yards and "badda-bing!," touchdown. Instead, he tried some sidearm nonsense, and the ball required Hopkins to do some crazy shit just to catch it, so he got tackled or he was laying on the ground for the easy touch.

But more than that, I blame Billy for Watson's issues more than Watson. That offense was never good. It always looked choppy and inefficient. They shot themselves in the foot more often than not. And Watson spent way too many snaps reading through 4 receivers; where were the quick short throws to set up the longer ones? Why couldn't Billy ever scheme up some easy one or two read plays?

Again, if you gave Watson to Andy or Payton or some other QB guru, Watson would be a much better QB at this point, IMO. Billy did his best to not only ruin the team, he ruined his franchise QB as well.

Chief Roundup 10-27-2020 04:31 PM

WOW never go full dlphg9.

DRM08 10-27-2020 05:34 PM

He’s definitely Top 10. Let’s be honest here. Once you get past the very short list of elite QB’s (Wilson/Mahomes/Rodgers), a lot of the guys in Top 15 are pretty similar to each other.

dlphg9 10-27-2020 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Roundup (Post 15280371)
WOW never go full dlphg9.

Thanks for the discussion.

dlphg9 10-27-2020 05:54 PM

I don't know for sure, but I'd be willing to bet that a significant amount of people that have commented in this thread, but didn't read the OP. All you guys look at is the title and you disagree with it and decide to comment an emotionally fueled response that is backed with 0 evidence.

Chief Roundup 10-27-2020 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dlphg9 (Post 15280505)
Thanks for the discussion.

Not worth any discussion. You are simply wrong about many of the points in your post.

chiefzilla1501 10-27-2020 06:17 PM

He's a decent qb and I think we'd be happy to have him if not mahomes. But Ive always wondered how he'd look without the DeAndre Hopkins jumpball. Hasn't been great so far.

Red Dawg 10-27-2020 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 15280566)
He's a decent qb and I think we'd be happy to have him if not mahomes. But Ive always wondered how he'd look without the DeAndre Hopkins jumpball. Hasn't been great so far.

Like Brady without Gronk last year. Not so good.

FloridaMan88 10-27-2020 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dlphg9 (Post 15280519)
I don't know for sure, but I'd be willing to bet that a significant amount of people that have commented in this thread, but didn't read the OP. All you guys look at is the title and you disagree with it and decide to comment an emotionally fueled response that is backed with 0 evidence.

List the 10 NFL QB’s you would currently take ahead of Watson.

Obviously Mahomes, Russell Wilson, Aaron Rodgers and I’ll throw Tom Brady in there as well.

Who else?

Red Dawg 10-27-2020 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88 (Post 15280651)

Obviously Mahomes, Russell Wilson, Aaron Rodgers and I’ll throw Tom Brady in there as well.

Who else?

Big Ben.

Red Dawg 10-27-2020 07:16 PM

Tyler Murray.

FloridaMan88 10-27-2020 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red Dawg (Post 15280666)
Big Ben.

I’d take Watson over a 38 year old Rapelithsberger.

htismaqe 10-27-2020 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DRM08 (Post 15280478)
He’s definitely Top 10. Let’s be honest here. Once you get past the very short list of elite QB’s (Wilson/Mahomes/Rodgers), a lot of the guys in Top 15 are pretty similar to each other.

This is true. A few really good QB's and a whole lot of meh.

St. Patty's Fire 10-27-2020 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88 (Post 15280651)

Who else?

Me, personally: Kyler and Wentz. Then we get into the arguable range. The likes of Allen, Lamar, Stafford, Prescott, Big Ben, Jimmy G, Tannehill, etc. I'd take Watson over most of those guys at this point myself, but I could understand if someone thinks that like Dak or Lamar are better. Then there are players like Burrow and Herbert who are less proven, but may eclipse him in the somewhat near future. Burrow is pretty close.

Listing it out, I think he's top-10, even if he's a bit more topsy turvy than some of the other guys on this list. I'd get it if someone else picks a bunch of these QBs over him, though.