ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   We paid the refs off. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=150383)

Warrior5 10-22-2006 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RINGLEADER
We nearly doubled the yardage they normally allowed and more than doubled the points they typically allow. They can stick it.

Now you know that's not what you're supposed to say. Let me tee this up for one of the old timers:

"They are full of ****. They can take Marty's gleam and..."

cdcox 10-22-2006 04:30 PM

Good job, Carl. It's about time he started caring.

trndobrd 10-22-2006 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv
I don't think there's a team out there whose fans didn't blame the refs after at least some losses. That includes us. Even if they were bad, you just have to learn to move on.

Sometimes it is reasonable to blame the officials. A momentum changing blown call in the 4th quarter of a close game or repeated non-calls for obvious penalties can shift the balance of the game.

Today I didn't see any call or non-call that changed the face of the game.

WilliamTheIrish 10-22-2006 04:58 PM

Quote:

We paid the refs off.
So that's where all that unused cap money went this year.

beer bacon 10-22-2006 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trndobrd
Sometimes it is reasonable to blame the officials. A momentum changing blown call in the 4th quarter of a close game or repeated non-calls for obvious penalties can shift the balance of the game.

Today I didn't see any call or non-call that changed the face of the game.

On the challenge only one angle showed that Gates didn't make the catch. Only one! Damn you NFL refs :shakesfist:

Rain Man 10-22-2006 05:02 PM

The refs helped us by giving the Chargers a completely bogus pass interference call that let them have the ball on the 1 and subsequently score. That then let us have just enough time to drive down for the winning field goal. The refs are quite cunning.

trndobrd 10-22-2006 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beer bacon
On the challenge only one angle showed that Gates didn't make the catch. Only one! Damn you NFL refs :shakesfist:

Allen was twisting Rivers ankle when he was "in the grasp" but still had the ball. Never mind the only reason Allen was on the ground was because the SD tackle shoved him from the back into the turf.

My fave is the SD fan claiming that the Bolts D-line always gets more sacks than they did today, so the Chiefs must have gotten away with a bunch of holding penalties.

RealSNR 10-22-2006 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PunkinDrublic
I call BS. I've lived in San Diego, no bolt fan is that passionate about football. It's obviously a bunch of Chiefs fans pretending to be bolt fans to make fun of them. Real bolt fans are at the beach not even thinking about the game.

Let's see... a "true" Chiefs fan continues to buy tickets and watch painful game after painful game all the while remaining positive through it all.... and a "true" Charger fan soaks up some rays and babes on the beach.

Is it too late to switch?

jaxchiefsclub 10-22-2006 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc
Right.

That bullshit PI call on Law in the endzone where the dude tripped over his feet on a pass that was 20 feet over his head was the only reason they were in it at the end...

Couldn't agree with you more.