ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Matt Flynn rumors: Seahawks would reportedly trade QB (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269212)

Molitoth 01-23-2013 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reerun_KC (Post 9344452)
610 blowing Matt Flynn...

OMG HE THREW 6 TD's IN 1 GAME! OMG!!!!

ROFL

Reerun_KC 01-23-2013 12:55 PM

I am starting to realize that its pointless to be a Chiefs fan.

they want nothing more than to permanently suck.

DaKCMan AP 01-23-2013 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9344410)
They were also able to do this because they already had a franchise QB who never missed a game. They never had to spend a high pick on a QB.

Yet in a 20 year period they drafted 2 QBs higher than the Chiefs ever did:

2008 2.56 Brian Brohm
2005 1.24 Aaron Rodgers

Chiefs
1992 2.40 Matt Bludin

Fat Elvis 01-23-2013 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Molitoth (Post 9344439)
IF Flynn was cut, I wouldn't mind seeing him on the roster. That said, some team is going to be stupid enough to trade for him... just like the chiefs did with Cassel.

The problem with Flynn is that I doubt he is content with being a backup... and if he once again does not get a starting job, how much drama/split is that going to cause in the locker room chemistry? I think Jason Campbell knows by now, that he has had his chance, and being a backup/mentor to a young guy is his role.

I think Campbell would be a better mentor to Geno Smith than a feisty and competitive Flynn.

Then again, competition can be good.

It's a double edge sword.

Hmmm. That whole "competition" (wink, wink, nod, nod) at the QB position has really worked out well for us in the past.

DaKCMan AP 01-23-2013 12:58 PM

I don't get the Jason Campbell love, either. The guy's never been good - anywhere. Even at Auburn in 2004 he was a game manager that rode the backs of Cadillac Williams & Ronnie Brown.

Molitoth 01-23-2013 01:02 PM

I'm just saying, if Geno Smith gets drafted #1... I think he should start day #1.
I don't want Flynn or some other teams leftovers taking snaps from our own project.

Russel Wilson, Luck, RG3, Cam Newton, Dalton, etc have all came out and helped turn thier franchise around day #1. Rodgers is the only one I can think of that rode the bench for awhile.

Prison Bitch 01-23-2013 01:05 PM

Would be surprised if he didn't end up in Arizona, although teams dont like to trade in division.

OrtonsPiercedTaint 01-23-2013 01:07 PM

The Seahawk depth chart does not show a third QB. Flynn can wear a headset and hold a clipboard at the same time. Impressive

Molitoth 01-23-2013 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 9344506)
Would be surprised if he didn't end up in Arizona, although teams dont like to trade in division.

I'm sure Seattle would be fine trading him in division, considering he was shitty enough to be benched over a 3rd round 5'9 draft pick.

2 teams have easily given up on Matt Flynn, (respectable teams).

If there was something special there, he would not be on the market.

It amazes me that Chiefs fans are obsessed with other teams scraps... especially coming from the Cassel era.

Easy 6 01-23-2013 01:12 PM

Not sure why there are so many saying NO... provided a QB is still taken at one, why be upset with any moves made to bolster that unit?

I would LOVE to see a "kitchen sink" philosophy in action, as i said in another thread... almost nothing should be considered over the top at that position.

Mr. Laz 01-23-2013 01:15 PM

He's a Foles situation type guy, bring him in as competition for a QB we draft.

Don't want to trade for him though because that locks us into his starter-ish contract.

Foles is still on his draftee contract

DaKCMan AP 01-23-2013 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scott free (Post 9344533)
Not sure why there are so many saying NO... provided a QB is still taken at one, why be upset with any moves made to bolster that unit?

I would LOVE to see a "kitchen sink" philosophy in action, as i said in another thread... almost nothing should be considered over the top at that position.

Because he sucks. Even as a backup.

Hammock Parties 01-23-2013 01:27 PM

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_maqd8aOEuY1qbjqln.gif

warpaint* 01-23-2013 01:52 PM

All his run based on performing albeit well in one game.

I'd be mildly interested as a FA to provide depth to augment a high draft pick who would be the future.