ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life Pictures and Social Media (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=318811)

Otter 11-12-2018 10:25 AM

Pictures and Social Media

I had a picture taken of me this weekend that I thought was kind of in the circle private shot among friends.

It wasn’t anything too bad. I was taking off my waders from fly fishing from very cold water and was adjusting my testicles. It was kind of a “I was in the pool” George Costanza kind of thing but without genitalia showing. It’s just not something I wanted my name tagged to for the world to see.

It was posted on Facebook without my permission.

Is it safe to say that any picture taken of you at this point is fair game for social media?

Otter 11-12-2018 10:30 AM

And do you agree or disagree that once your picture is taken it's free game?

MIAdragon 11-12-2018 10:31 AM

Nope

htismaqe 11-12-2018 10:33 AM

If that person is a friend, ask them nicely to remove it. Thats' very bad form for a friend to post stuff without your permission.

Rasputin 11-12-2018 10:34 AM

Need evidence of said picture to determine a judgement call on the situation.

wazu 11-12-2018 10:36 AM

Most pictures, yeah. If one is potentially embarrassing, they should check first. Don’t worry, man. Thanks to Seinfeld women know about shrinkage now so you should be okay.

stumppy 11-12-2018 10:36 AM

Content matters. We'll need to see this pic first. Don't worry, nobody on CP will be sharing it with anyone.

Otter 11-12-2018 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 13887324)
Need evidence of said picture to determine a judgement call on the situation.

If you ever seen a guy reaching under a pair of gym shorts to adjust his junk, which I'm sure most men have, that's the extent of the expectations.

I don't have a Facebook account and don't do this to people. Of course I really don't take a whole lot of pictures of people in the first expecting it's free game for the internet.

I'm just curious on the decorum thoughts on the wise men of CP what you're allowed to do with the picture of someone after it's taken.

Bugeater 11-12-2018 10:42 AM

You can set it to where you have to approve a tag before it will show. I generally don't tag other people when I post pictures, I'll let them tag themselves if they want their friends to see it.

wazu 11-12-2018 10:45 AM

From your description I would say if I took a picture of a guy with his hand down his shorts I would not post without asking first.

Rasputin 11-12-2018 10:55 AM

If it's a stranger i'd think it's ok because it be hilarious but a friend depending on the friend could be funny if they are the pranking type of friend and karma is a bitch.

Dartgod 11-12-2018 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 13887361)
If it's a stranger i'd think it's ok because it be hilarious but a friend depending on the friend could be funny if they are the pranking type of friend and karma is a bitch.

Did kcnut hack your account?

Rasputin 11-12-2018 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dartgod (Post 13887378)
Did kcnut hack your account?

Lol

no

Rain Man 11-12-2018 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 13887319)
If that person is a friend, ask them nicely to remove it. Thats' very bad form for a friend to post stuff without your permission.

Quote:

Originally Posted by wazu (Post 13887328)
Most pictures, yeah. If one is potentially embarrassing, they should check first. Don’t worry, man. Thanks to Seinfeld women know about shrinkage now so you should be okay.

Yeah, this. I think the etiquette rule is that you shouldn't post a picture of someone that you know they wouldn't post themselves.

That said, I find it funny to compare the photos people take of themselves versus when they just happen to show up in someone else's photos. (Not embarrassing photos but just normal ones.) We all do it, but it's easy to realize that people generally only post flattering photos of themselves.

SAUTO 11-12-2018 11:11 AM

i dont post pictures anywhere and i expect the same from my friends