ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   NFL Draft Survey of Draft Websites: Chiefs will pick... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=200088)

BigMeatballDave 01-11-2009 06:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCJohnny (Post 5378439)
And its hard IMHO to justify picking a QB in the draft when you have the NFL's worst _efense.

This makes absolutely no sense. BPA. If its Stafford or Sanchez, you take them.

BigMeatballDave 01-11-2009 06:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCJohnny (Post 5378505)
Thanks.

So who is the QBotF for the Rams? Isn't Bulger about 32?

If they draft a QB, they are going to have way too much money wrapped up in 2 QBs. They just re-signed Bulger to a large deal a couple years ago.

kstater 01-11-2009 06:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCJohnny (Post 5378342)
Uh, Ryan had the luxury of the NFL's #1 rushing attack (2460 yds) and had less TDs than Thiggy and about the same amount of INTs. Thigpen deserves to compete for the starting QB position next year. Drafting a QB next year could set the whole project back by 2 years or more. Flacco had the NFL's best D to cover for him and Ryan had the NFL's best rushing attack. Thigpen iherited a team dead last in total offense in 2007 and finished dead last in total defense in 2008. The Chiefs averaged 21.6 PPG in games started by Thigpen.

And not drafting a QB and relying on Thigpen could set the franchise back 10 years.

RealSNR 01-11-2009 07:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCJohnny (Post 5378505)
Thanks.

So who is the QBotF for the Rams? Isn't Bulger about 32?

Trent Green?

No, seriously, I don't really know. I just think they were eyeing Jake Long last year and didn't get what they wanted, so THIS year's premier LT that's even better should be drafted.

Mark M 01-11-2009 07:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mylittlepony (Post 5378649)
... You draft by looking at your board not at your roster.

That is the smartest thing about the draft ever posted on this site.

:clap:

The Chiefs had horrific drafts during the Gun and DV years due to poor scouting, and then relying on that poor scouting to draft a player of dire need. So instead of wisely using FA to fill true needs and using the draft to stockpile talent, they've whiffed in FA and over-reached in the draft. It's drafting based on desperation -- even fear -- and it's been an absolute failure.

Granted, one still doesn't spend a high pick on a position if one already has the position filled with a truly talented player. But one should always be looking to upgrade any position when the chance comes, and that's something the Chiefs simply haven't been able to do.

I guess that's what happens when your GM thinks the draft is a "crapshoot," rather than, you know, an essential way to stock your roster.

MM
~~:shrug:

Warrior5 01-11-2009 08:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigChiefDave (Post 5378654)
This makes absolutely no sense. BPA. If its Stafford or Sanchez, you take them.

Only if you think a Stafford or Sanchez are BPA. If you think a DE or LB is the BPA, it makes perfect sense.

SAUTO 01-11-2009 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 5378364)
You do understand the Chiefs ran a gimmick offense predicated on letting the QB make easy throws and throwing all the time...I'd hope he had alot of yards and TD's.

so this"gimmick" let an unknown small school loser score 22 td's in his first year starting yet should be scrapped??:rolleyes:

SAUTO 01-11-2009 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nightfyre (Post 5378406)
PPG: Chiefs - 18.2; Falcons - 24.4; Ravens - 24.1
TDs: Thigpen - 18; Ryan - 14; Flacco -14

Funny - TDs by the QB don't correlate to team scoring.

funny those other 2 teams ACTUALLY have a run game

Tribal Warfare 01-11-2009 09:34 AM

I like I said if Stafford is available KC will select him

58-4ever 01-11-2009 09:49 AM

I think Crabtree will drop quite a bit when he runs a 4.55

FringeNC 01-11-2009 09:57 AM

If we get Pioli, he's not a BPA guy. It's more of a coach-centered approach. Can the guy fit into the system that the coach runs?

Reerun_KC 01-11-2009 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FringeNC (Post 5378788)
If we get Pioli, he's not a BPA guy. It's more of a coach-centered approach. Can the guy fit into the system that the coach runs?

He has to be an upgrade of what we have done the last 20 years..

Dont you think?

Plus I have a feeling we wont be saddled with Rejects like Marty, Gun, DV or shit for brains coaches like Herm...

FringeNC 01-11-2009 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reerun_KC (Post 5378791)

Dont you think?

Plus I have a feeling we wont be saddled with Rejects like Marty, Gun, DV or shit for brains coaches like Herm...

I think it's a good philosophy, but I doubt most on here will agree who tend to downplay the role of coaching in success.

RealSNR 01-11-2009 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Warrior5 (Post 5378682)
Only if you think a Stafford or Sanchez are BPA. If you think a DE or LB is the BPA, it makes perfect sense.

The BPA is NOT a DE or a LB in the first 5 picks

King_Chief_Fan 01-11-2009 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reerun_KC (Post 5378791)

Dont you think?

As much as I hope you are right, I have a really bad feeling that Herm will be here. Clark will get the new GM to keep him one more year. Pure speculation on my part.....I hope I am wrong.