ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football LNBS: Calling options / Adding reverse action downfield (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=319660)

Dante84 12-18-2018 11:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OlineDline (Post 13970346)
We can go reverse, reverse pass, double reverse pass, double reverse fake pass, flea flicker, lateral skip double pass, double pass, double throwback pass, fumblerooski, Bumerooski, circus, gate, double gate, overload gate....

So the argument is not longer about making gadget plays a core part of the offense, simply that they exist, people have run them, and it's on film?

Great argument. I relent. Fire Reid and hire the CP collective to draw up an entire offense of nothing but rugby laterals.

It's bulletproof.

Um. You said that, I didn’t. You’re arguing with yourself. This is a LNBS thread. Don’t be a drama queen.

I proposed us having a few plays per game where we use the fastest weapon in football history in space with an unsuspecting defense.

I discussed the primary risk of turning the ball over, and how to mitigate that risk.

Your argument was that “it’s dumb” and that our coaches would have to sacrifice practice time to work on it.

OlineDline 12-19-2018 12:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dante84 (Post 13970493)
Um. You said that, I didn’t. You’re arguing with yourself. This is a LNBS thread. Don’t be a drama queen.

I proposed us having a few plays per game where we use the fastest weapon in football history in space with an unsuspecting defense.

I discussed the primary risk of turning the ball over, and how to mitigate that risk.

Your argument was that “it’s dumb” and that our coaches would have to sacrifice practice time to work on it.

Actually it's dumb because the team would have to use too much practice time to make it a regularly effective weapon, time that could be spent invested into projects with far higher rates of return.

I'm not opposed to a gadget, I'm simply of the opinion that an NFL offense should not invest heavily in them.

Good day.

Aspengc8 12-19-2018 07:51 AM

You guys play too much Madden.

KCrockaholic 12-19-2018 08:17 AM

You don't need to score a TD on every play. Sometimes controlling the clock and having a long 5-8 minute drive can be very effective towards setting the tempo of a game.

The idea of using a lateral scheme sounds like something you'd want for a team that lacks the ability to score points, so then takes an all or nothing approach to every drive.

Dante84 08-12-2019 07:53 PM

Bumping this thread now that we have Hardman, Hill and Thompson.

Hook and Lat from Kelce to Hardman or Hill? Jesus.

MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 08-12-2019 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dante84 (Post 14392126)

Kelce has no accuracy throwing. Hill is even worse

-King- 08-12-2019 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dante84 (Post 14392126)

Why do we need gimmicks?

Rain Man 08-12-2019 08:20 PM

Just line up a center, four tight ends wide on each side (keeping three of them on the line of scrimmage, of course), and then put Patrick at QB and Tyreek at HB. It's a score every time.

Dante84 08-12-2019 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE! (Post 14392165)
Kelce has no accuracy throwing. Hill is even worse

Hi there. Do you know what a lateral is?

Dante84 08-12-2019 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 14392167)
Why do we need gimmicks?

The jet sweep is a gimmick. Last year when DAT walked into the end zone in Week 1, that was a gimmick. Or Kelce taking an inside screen shovel pass. Or Pat No-looking.

Andy is innovative. Every year there’s weird wrinkles.

I just don’t think it’s as wild and far-fetched as it sounds to have a guy with the ball toss it to a faster guy that’s running right next to him. You see it in rugby all the time.

-King- 08-13-2019 04:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dante84 (Post 14392246)
The jet sweep is a gimmick. Last year when DAT walked into the end zone in Week 1, that was a gimmick. Or Kelce taking an inside screen shovel pass. Or Pat No-looking.

Andy is innovative. Every year there’s weird wrinkles.

I just don’t think it’s as wild and far-fetched as it sounds to have a guy with the ball toss it to a faster guy that’s running right next to him. You see it in rugby all the time.

None of those plays you listed are gimmicks. They're frequently used in college football every week/game. Hook and lateral plays aren't used frequently on any level.

Coochie liquor 08-13-2019 06:55 AM

Patrick Mahomes don’t need no gimmicks. He’s got Hill, Watkins, Kelce, D-Rob, Hardman, Thompson, and a rocket launcher of an arm. Somebody gonna be open.

Dante84 08-13-2019 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 14392408)
None of those plays you listed are gimmicks. They're frequently used in college football every week/game. Hook and lateral plays aren't used frequently on any level.

"Hungry Pig Toss"

"Hungry Pig Right"

-King- 08-13-2019 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dante84 (Post 14392898)
"Hungry Pig Toss"

"Hungry Pig Right"

2 plays we've run 2 times in 7 years...?

Dante84 08-13-2019 12:44 PM

Alex ran the pistol for a year.

Don't act like Reid isn't innovative or mess with opposing defenses.

I understand this idea is outside the norm, hence the LNBS tag. I'm not advocating that it become our entire offense. I'm simply saying this would be one hell of a wrinkle for other teams to have to account for each week.