ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Chiefs will make the playoffs and win the division (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=326638)

chiefzilla1501 11-11-2019 07:23 AM

Chiefs will make the playoffs and win the division

I'm pretty pissed about yesterday's loss too. But the front page is littered with mostly worthless doomsday threads. Not being a homer, but sorry this negativity is over the top.

The Chiefs have a great head coach, an MVP QB, and tons of talent on offense. And they are still in the driver's seat for playoff position. Let's remember some of that too. We'll make the playoffs and we will beat the Raiders and take the AFC West. Period.

Why Not? 11-11-2019 07:26 AM

Why don’t we just focus on beating the Chargers, a team that did beat us once last year and has the pass rushers to **** Pat up good. Especially if human turnstile Erving plays.

TwistedChief 11-11-2019 07:29 AM

But rabblerouser said they suck though. In every thread. Over and over again.

Did you consider that before you posted this rational thread?

chiefzilla1501 11-11-2019 07:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Why Not? (Post 14588961)
Why don’t we just focus on beating the Chargers, a team that did beat us once last year and has the pass rushers to **** Pat up good. Especially if human turnstile Erving plays.

We also beat the Chargers on the road last year
Chargers were better last year
We lost to the Chargers on a short week after beating Baltimore but getting our bodies beat up
The Chargers game was our huge turnaround a few years ago when we were sliding away from the playoffs
We own Phillip Rivers

We're not losing to the Chargers

pugsnotdrugs19 11-11-2019 07:34 AM

Yeah.

But then what.... fingers crossed.

stevieray 11-11-2019 07:35 AM

The tallking heads yesterday pretty much nailed it. Brought me back from the ledge lol

Not time to panic yet.

Just get in the dance.

We play better on the road anyway, at least this season.

pugsnotdrugs19 11-11-2019 07:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevieray (Post 14588974)
The tallking heads yesterday pretty much nailed it. Brought me back from the ledge lol

Not time to panic yet.

Just get in the dance.

I really wonder if it wouldn’t help Reid (and his teams) to play in that role.

Take some of the pressure off, no home crowd at your back, playing with a little more ‘house money’...

We know the alternative hasn’t worked well recently.

Why Not? 11-11-2019 07:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 14588969)
We also beat the Chargers on the road last year
Chargers were better last year
We lost to the Chargers on a short week after beating Baltimore but getting our bodies beat up
The Chargers game was our huge turnaround a few years ago when we were sliding away from the playoffs
We own Phillip Rivers

We're not losing to the Chargers

I hope you’re right. Personally, I’m done making predictions for this team. I legit think they are capable of beating any team in the league but damn near capable of losing to any one either.

mr. tegu 11-11-2019 07:37 AM

This is true. But this also isn’t 2014. We continually have the same issues that will likely prevent us from winning four or even three playoff games, which to me will equal a failed season.

TEX 11-11-2019 07:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 14588957)
I'm pretty pissed about yesterday's loss too. But the front page is littered with mostly worthless doomsday threads. Not being a homer, but sorry this negativity is over the top.

The Chiefs have a great head coach, an MVP QB, and tons of talent on offense. And they are still in the driver's seat for playoff position. Let's remember some of that too. We'll make the playoffs and we will beat the Raiders and take the AFC West. Period.

As good as Mahomes and the offense is, it's still compromised by an inconsistent running game with RB's who fumble at critical times, a terrible defense, abysmal ST play, and perhaps the biggest (no pun intended) HC enigma in the NFL, in that one so offensively brilliant can be so predictably stupid at calling plays when the game is on the line.

IF this team makes the playoffs, and IMO that's a BIG IF, they're 1st round fodder. Regardless, its shaping up to be just another wasted season. Only THIS time, the Chiefs do have an MVP at QB, which makes it worse.

pugsnotdrugs19 11-11-2019 07:40 AM

This is the time where Mahomes needs to call a ‘players only’ meeting and call out some dudes for the sake of accountability...

Why did our defense fade the day he comes back? I know it’s running through his head...

It’s gotta be 100% effort/intensity, all the time, if they want to reach the goal.

Hammock Parties 11-11-2019 07:41 AM

the titans immediately went on a long drive as soon as mahomes made his superhuman play

i want to look at the recording but maybe the D backed off after that...

TEX 11-11-2019 07:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevieray (Post 14588974)

Not time to panic yet.

Just get in the dance.

You know what Stevieray, they said the same thing after the Colts game. A LOT has happened since then to trend the Chiefs downward. "Panic" is the wrong word - the correct word is "acceptance." Accept the fact that this team is NOT the team we all thought it could be this season and that takes away any panic. It is what it is, and it's not good.

JD10367 11-11-2019 07:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 14588957)

Lost to the Colts, Packers, Texans, and Titans.

Could’ve lost to the Vikings, Lions, and Ravens.

Vaunted Arrowhead HFA has vanished.

Three dominant wins (Broncos, Raiders, Jaguars) over teams a combined 12-17.

Your defense is better, but its problems are real. Your coach is solid but his tendency to miscoach at the worst times is real. Injuries are never an excuse, but yours are piling up. Your division lead is a half-game.

It’s nice to be confident, and you guys definitely overreact to losses, but there are some real concerns there.

stevieray 11-11-2019 07:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TEX (Post 14588989)
You know what Stevieray, they said the same thing after the Colts game. A LOT has happened since then to trend the Chiefs downward. "Panic" is the wrong word - the correct word is "acceptance." Accept the fact that this team is NOT the team we all thought it could be this season and that takes away any panic. It is what it is, and it's not good.

Oh, I think it is.

Still a lot of football to play.

To be 6-4 with the injuries (even yesterday) is pretty impressive.