ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Potential Options for Draft Prospect Coverage: A Chiefsplanet Poll. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=132827)

Rain Man 01-03-2006 03:42 PM

Potential Options for Draft Prospect Coverage: A Chiefsplanet Poll.

A few of us were batting around some ideas for organizing the inevitable many threads about specific college players who are eligible for the annual National Football League Player Selection Process (also known as "the draft").

I'm going to post a Public Opinion Input Device (also known as a "poll"), and please select one or more options that relate to your opinion (also known as "your dumbass opinion" if I don't agree with it).

Thank you in advance for your cooperation and assistance in making chiefsplanet a better place.

Rain Man 01-03-2006 03:55 PM

Cough (top) cough.

JBucc 01-03-2006 03:56 PM

I say we create an entire new site for it. We'd call it whoarethekansascitychiefsgonnadraftin2006?.com

Herzig 01-03-2006 04:34 PM

I like it...nice....this would prevent threads, mocks, and profiles from falling off the oblivion that is the front page.

SBK 01-03-2006 04:34 PM

I'd like something I can read while I'm taking a greazy dump.

patteeu 01-03-2006 04:34 PM

WWWPID? (What would WarPaint Illustrated do?)

Herzig 01-03-2006 04:43 PM

I'd like to add to choices #3 and #4...

All Draft threads could be "tagged" and left for discussion on the main page(whether they are discussed, fall off the front page, or whatever) then, after 2 or 3 days...the mods move them to the "Draft Forum" or Archive so the same topic is not rehashed 15,000 times every week.

Herzig 01-03-2006 04:48 PM

Could we get a sticky for this thread?

htismaqe 01-03-2006 04:55 PM

I love the ideas guys, but as a mod, some of these things might be hard to enforce...

Just keep that in mind.

Herzig 01-03-2006 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe
I love the ideas guys, but as a mod, some of these things might be hard to enforce...

Just keep that in mind.

Maybe just making a separate "King Carl's Draft Corner" forum would be all the mods would do. Posting titles should be left up to the posters...

Regardless, you'll have people that post draft topics on the main page.

Herzig 01-03-2006 05:01 PM

Link to what prompted this poll...

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=132797

unlurking 01-03-2006 05:13 PM

I liked the unmoderated option and the request to have threads list position, name, etc...

It would be nice to see some mocks, speculation on what team needs are around the league and how they would affect who falls to us, but that doesn't fit in with the thread title requirements. I do however like the idea of keeping all discussion about single players to single threads, rather than having to sift through all the date rape and closet shitting police reports to determine who would fit on the Chiefs.

Herzig 01-03-2006 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unlurking
I liked the unmoderated option and the request to have threads list position, name, etc...

It would be nice to see some mocks, speculation on what team needs are around the league and how they would affect who falls to us, but that doesn't fit in with the thread title requirements. I do however like the idea of keeping all discussion about single players to single threads, rather than having to sift through all the date rape and closet shitting police reports to determine who would fit on the Chiefs.

I think mocks should go in this forum too...maybe a subfolder of the forum or just in there with everything else.

unlurking 01-03-2006 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Herzig
I think mocks should go in this forum too...maybe a subfolder of the forum or just in there with everything else.

Yep. Didn't we have some poll based planet mocks last year as well? Those were kinda cool too.

Herzig 01-03-2006 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unlurking
Yep. Didn't we have some poll based planet mocks last year as well? Those were kinda cool too.

Yeah...I think that was in the game forum or something.