ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Bishop and Leach (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=273880)

FlaChief58 06-22-2013 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dante84 (Post 9767429)
*boners crossed*

Pics or GTFO

DaneMcCloud 06-22-2013 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9768445)
I don't give a rip about positions, except how they fit into a system.

If we hired josh McDumbass to coach this team, then Leach would not interest me.

But Reid's offense utiilizes the fullback as a weapon in the passing game, and his offense is most effective when he has a quality player at that position.

Top tier fullbacks play well into their 30s.

Tony Richardson and Lorenzo Neal were still playing at All Pro levels when they were 35-36 years old.

All things being equal, I'd rather have Bishop than Leach if it came down to one or the other.

Rausch 06-22-2013 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maverick91579 (Post 9768608)
That to me, is going to be on how they value Donald Stephenson, and they probably wanted a year to see if he was the long term solution at right tackle, before deciding whether or not to extend Albert. You have to imagine at this point, they are thinking its a win win. Either Stephenson can handle the right tackle, and they can let Albert walk next season, or they decide he cant, and resign him, and keep Eric Fisher at right tackle. Smart on the Chiefs part.

I don't think he can and hasn't shown anything to make anyone think he can...

Rausch 06-22-2013 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9768652)
All things being equal, I'd rather have Bishop than Leach if it came down to one or the other.

This...

milkman 06-22-2013 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9768652)

The defense is going to sink or swim on the performance of the D-Line, and how Sean Smith fits at corner (since I don't believe that Dunta Robinson can recapture his Texan days).

While having one of the best LB corps in the league if we added Bishop, when compared to how valuable a weapon as receiver in Reid's offense, especially with a limited QB like Smith, Leach would be, I just can't value Bishop over Leach.

mcaj22 06-22-2013 12:04 PM

I mean both positions (FB and ILB2) arent any sort of threat or gameplan material for opposing teams right now so I see both sides of the coin

Offenses would have to identify Bishop on the field as opposed to journeyman Akeem Jordan or rookie Nico Johnson and Defenses would have to account for Leach being essentially a guaranteed blocker eliminating a LBer from the play almost every time and in the pass catching game in early sets. I can't say the same for Anthony Sherman, and unknowns about the rookie Wilson.

I'd take either one and be very happy.

best case fantasy scenario - both
happy scenario ( meat loaf ) - 1 outta 2 aint bad
worst - miss out on both 0 for 2

Rausch 06-22-2013 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9768676)
The defense is going to sink or swim on the performance of the D-Line, and how Sean Smith fits at corner (since I don't believe that Dunta Robinson can recapture his Texan days).

While having one of the best LB corps in the league if we added Bishop, when compared to how valuable a weapon as receiver in Reid's offense, especially with a limited QB like Smith, Leach would be, I just can't value Bishop over Leach.

Having a QB like Smith we better have all the help on defense we can afford...

BossChief 06-22-2013 12:19 PM

This offense needs as many quality players added to it as possible because outside of Bowe and Charles, everything else is a huge question mark.

Leach is a guy that can help this offense in a whole lot of ways...quality dump offs, picking up blitzes, plowing holes for Charles and bringing a veteran presence to the huddle and lockerroom.

Truth be told, we NEED both players but if I had to chose one I'd get Leach.

Coogs 06-22-2013 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9768701)
This offense needs as many quality players added to it as possible because outside of Bowe and Charles, everything else is a huge question mark.

Leach is a guy that can help this offense in a whole lot of ways...quality dump offs, picking up blitzes, plowing holes for Charles and bringing a veteran presence to the huddle and lockerroom.

Truth be told, we NEED both players but if I had to chose one I'd get Leach.

We may not get either, but the best news for me is that these two players are the hottest two players on the market right now, and we are in the hunt for Bishop, and rumored to be in the hunt for Leach.

Times are a changing. :toast:

Mother****erJones 06-22-2013 12:30 PM

I will say I thought Albert was traded in April so it wouldn't shock me if he was extended.

Mav 06-22-2013 04:17 PM

Ironic to me, that you guys would want the guy more who is Injury plagued the past two years, over the guy who is PROVEN, and just helped his team in winning the super bowl.

That's just me. Of course, they both to me, can be extremely useful in ways, but when your best player is your running back, then adding the very best, not a top 5, he is the VERY BEST RUN BLOCKING FULLBACK IN THE LEAGUE, to a team that had a 1500 yard back last year without him, that seems like the way I would go, if I needed to choose between the two......

Sweet Daddy Hate 06-22-2013 04:22 PM

:grr:Have we signed either of these assholes yet?

Micjones 06-22-2013 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9768676)

I disagree. Bishop is solid in coverage and gives us options on passing downs.
That would be big for this defense seeing how we don't currently have that kind of ILB on the team.

Mother****erJones 06-23-2013 09:13 AM

Should know something real soon I'd assume.

Direckshun 06-23-2013 09:21 AM

So.

No news?