ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Bishop and Leach (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=273880)

DaneMcCloud 06-19-2013 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9763910)
I don't agree.

Alex Smith needs all the weapons in the passing game that this team can provide, and Leach can be a weapon in Reid's offense.

Leach is 32 years old and was cut by the Super Bowl winning Ravens. Ozzie's not prone to mistakes in personal decisions.

I know that people love fullbacks around here, but I don't think the dropoff between Leach and whomever else would win the starting fullback job would be as great as Bishop (29 years old) that position's starter (Jordan or Johnson).

O.city 06-19-2013 09:43 PM

Wasn't it more of a monetary decision with Leach in Baltimore?

I know Reid utilizes FB's alot in his offenses though.

DaneMcCloud 06-19-2013 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9763937)
Wasn't it more of a monetary decision with Leach in Baltimore?

The cap is irrelevant. If Ozzie wanted to keep Leach, he would still be a Raven.

O.city 06-19-2013 10:01 PM

I'm sure they could have made room for him, had they wanted him that bad. In the end, he is a fullback, so while he's a good player, he's probably not an extremely important kog there anymore.

But if it came down to Leach and them being able to bring in Canty or Dumervil, easy choice.

O.city 06-19-2013 10:05 PM

You're likely going to try and get Bishop on some type of higherish incentive deal on staying healthy etc. which you won't get with Leach.

DaneMcCloud 06-19-2013 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9763969)
You're likely going to try and get Bishop on some type of higherish incentive deal on staying healthy etc. which you won't get with Leach.

IMO, Leach will be lucky to get half of what he was supposed to earn in Baltimore.

If he gets $2 million a year, he should be thrilled to death.

O.city 06-19-2013 10:09 PM

I bet he ends up in Miami, Ireland is on a save his job spending spree.

O.city 06-19-2013 10:11 PM

I'd rather try one of our 3 TE's at H back TBH.

Titty Meat 06-19-2013 10:13 PM

I think the Bishop singing would be a game changer.

ChiefAshhole20 06-19-2013 11:08 PM

I think Leach's release had more to do with the fact they're trying to become more of an offense revolved around their $100+ million QB, and a high dollar FB just didnt fit in that offense anymore. Even if he is only 80% of what he was, that would by far be the best FB we've had since Richardson, and imo, is worth a contract if we can afford it.

Bishop could bring this D to the next level IF he is healthy, but I trust Dorsey and co. to make the right decision.

TRR 06-20-2013 12:09 AM

It will be interesting to see if Bishop's health checks out. I have heard that if his hamstring does check out, Dorsey won't let him leave KC without a contract.

His hamstring injury was rough though. He tore it completely off the bone, and suffered a slight sprained hamstring during his therapy as well. Luckily it's been quite a bit of time since the initial injury.

Would love to see KC sign him. He is a three down player if healthy.

RustShack 06-20-2013 12:41 AM

Sign both and be done with it. #Playoffs

CupidStunt 06-20-2013 02:47 AM

When a player like this comes available, if his health checks out, it's like getting a bonus draft pick. The Packers cutting ties really means nothing to me; they're known for going on the cheap where they can, and in their defense, they're great at drafting and pretty much believe Rodgers can overcome deficiencies all over the field. We know in KC there's no such luxury.

I'd love Leach, too, but he's just a luxury I think. We have players in that spot, we wanna pass more, we've invested heavily in the OL and Charles is gonna rape regardless. Bishop -- again, if healthy -- fills a hole and adds legit talent to the D.

Dante84 06-20-2013 07:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TRR (Post 9764086)
It will be interesting to see if Bishop's health checks out. I have heard that if his hamstring does check out, Dorsey won't let him leave KC without a contract.

His hamstring injury was rough though. He tore it completely off the bone, and suffered a slight sprained hamstring during his therapy as well. Luckily it's been quite a bit of time since the initial injury.

Would love to see KC sign him. He is a three down player if healthy.

Not being a dick, but from where, from whom?

Are you like TBG and have inside sources, or are you referring to mentions in the media - and if so, which outlets?

I'm just curious, because that's good news and I hope it's true.

The Bad Guy 06-20-2013 07:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dante84 (Post 9764248)
Not being a dick, but from where, from whom?

Are you like TBG and have inside sources, or are you referring to mentions in the media - and if so, which outlets?

I'm just curious, because that's good news and I hope it's true.

The "he won't let him leave without a contract stuff" is pure hyperbole. It has to be.

Dorsey does love Bishop. Bob Sutton loves versatile linebackers that can stay on the field on all downs. Bishop provides that.

If Bishop comes in here wanting what he made with Green Bay, he's not getting it because that money isn't available right now.

I think ultimately the Chiefs do end up signing him, but I think that it's going to be a massively incentive laden deal.