ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Poop First look at Will Smith as Genie (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=319685)

Mephistopheles Janx 12-19-2018 09:10 AM

First look at Will Smith as Genie

I simply cannot wait for this movie to come out. Hopefully it bombs at the box office and it:

A) Forces Disney to reconsider re-making their entire ****ing catalogue.
B) Forces Will Smith to take a multi-year vacation from making movies and seriously re-evaluating what bullshit film projects he signs on to.

https://i.imgur.com/F61SWua.jpg

Fish 12-19-2018 09:51 AM

Weird.

Sure-Oz 12-19-2018 09:52 AM

I thought I saw Will Smith post on FB that he will be mostly in cgi and blue in the movie.

Mephistopheles Janx 12-19-2018 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz (Post 13970779)
I thought I saw Will Smith post on FB that he will be mostly in cgi and blue in the movie.

It seems that when he said... let me be blue, he meant just the clothes.

https://ewedit.files.wordpress.com/2...9837281321.jpg

The Franchise 12-19-2018 10:12 AM

Looks ****ing stupid.

DMAC 12-19-2018 10:52 AM

Is it Bollywood?

Sure-Oz 12-19-2018 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MephistophelesJanx (Post 13970798)
It seems that when he said... let me be blue, he meant just the clothes.

https://ewedit.files.wordpress.com/2...9837281321.jpg

Lol found an article...knew I saw it.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.the...-cgi-hair/amp/

KCUnited 12-19-2018 11:33 AM

Never go full genie.

Beef Supreme 12-19-2018 12:07 PM

This looks like shit. But that would be expected if I actually knew about this movie or cared. Side note, for some reason my youtube feed REALLY wants me to watch Will Smith bungie jump out of a helicopter. For like a month straight this mother****er has constantly been showing up in my feed and the only reason I can think of that makes sense is he paid a lot of money to show up in everyone's feed. I'm like, did he die doing it? Cause I'd watch that!

lcarus 12-19-2018 12:10 PM

Every time Disney makes a live action version of one of their classic animated movies my childhood dies a little bit more.

This looks ****ing atrocious. Holy shit.

chiefzilla1501 12-19-2018 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 13971071)
Every time Disney makes a live action version of one of their classic animated movies my childhood dies a little bit more.

This looks ****ing atrocious. Holy shit.

I disagree. Lion king looks sensational. Jungle book was outstanding.

This one I just don't get. The genie literally makes or breaks the movie. I would've gone with Jim Carrey. Bill Murray would have been hilarious in a totally different way. This is just going to be uncomfortably bad.

chiefzilla1501 12-19-2018 02:14 PM

I don't know if Carrey still has that goofiness in him. But tell me the genie isn't basically Jim Carrey in The Mask.

DMAC 12-19-2018 02:18 PM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/oSimVTdSjag" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

lcarus 12-19-2018 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 13971342)

This one I just don't get. The genie literally makes or breaks the movie. I would've gone with Jim Carrey. Bill Murray would have been hilarious in a totally different way. This is just going to be uncomfortably bad.

I haven't seen much on The Lion King, but I didn't like Jungle Book at all. But the animated Jungle Book admittedly wasn't one of my favorites. Beauty and the Beast with Emma Watson was astoundingly bad too. My nieces watched it 8 times when they were over here lol.

chiefzilla1501 12-19-2018 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 13971493)
I haven't seen much on The Lion King, but I didn't like Jungle Book at all. But the animated Jungle Book admittedly wasn't one of my favorites. Beauty and the Beast with Emma Watson was astoundingly bad too. My nieces watched it 8 times when they were over here lol.

I haven't seen the Lion King either. Just the previews. But from what I've seen most of the reboots so far have been really respectful to the original. It's definitely to each their own but at the very least, casting has been superb.

We'll see.. I like Guy Ritchie's old stuff. But this seems like a slip-up. If the Lion King casted anyone other than James Earl Jones, I'd be thinking the same thing. The genie feels like a casting choice you can't afford to screw up.

WhiteWhale 12-19-2018 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 13971342)

I don't really care to see any of the live action remakes except the Lion King for obvious reasons. It... stars animals. It can only be so live action. If they do it right it's basically a remake with 'better graphics'.

I doubt it will ever live up to the amazing shit Disney was churning out when I was a kid. True masterpieces for every parent.

sully1983 12-19-2018 06:01 PM

lol this will most likely suck ass (can't stand Will Smith that much either & he looks laughably bad here)

Recently saw Guy Ritchie's King Arthur film and wow was it bad . Not surprised it bombed last year . But lucky for Mr Ritchie this Aladdin remake will most likely make a profit. People just eat up what Disney has been selling with their remakes of classics . Its baffling.

BWillie 12-19-2018 06:12 PM

I think this looks great. I can't think of a better actor to be the Genie than Will Smith.

ThaVirus 12-19-2018 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sully1983 (Post 13971754)
People just eat up what Disney has been selling with their remakes of classics . Its baffling.

They're remaking really good movies.

It's not baffling at all.

chiefzilla1501 12-19-2018 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteWhale (Post 13971749)
I don't really care to see any of the live action remakes except the Lion King for obvious reasons. It... stars animals. It can only be so live action. If they do it right it's basically a remake with 'better graphics'.

I doubt it will ever live up to the amazing shit Disney was churning out when I was a kid. True masterpieces for every parent.

That might be it. I didn't really care to see Beauty & the Beast, and I don't really care to see Aladdin. Think it also helps that I love Favreau's work.

To Disney's credit, I'm sure your kids are loving the animated stuff as much as you loved it growing up. They're still doing wildly imaginative work especially if you count Pixar.

chiefzilla1501 12-19-2018 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 13971770)
I think this looks great. I can't think of a better actor to be the Genie than Will Smith.

I can't think of a bunch of better actors than him. I have no issue with Will Smith. But this is just bad casting.

ThaVirus 12-19-2018 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 13971824)
That might be it. I didn't really care to see Beauty & the Beast, and I don't really care to see Aladdin.

You're sick. Aladdin and Beauty and the Beast have to be in your top 5 Disney classics.

1. Lion King
2. Aladdin
3. Beauty and the Beast
4. Mulan
5. [too many options here]

I just googled Disney animated classics and that list is ****ing insane. Of course you've the obvious big names but then even the smaller names that you might have forgotten like Lady and the Tramp, Oliver and Company, Atlantis: The Lost Empire, the Great Mouse Detective, the Hunchback of Notre Dame.

ThaVirus 12-19-2018 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 13971836)
I can't think of a bunch of better actors than him. I have no issue with Will Smith. But this is just bad casting.

Said by douchebags on the internet in droves after it was reported Heath Ledger was cast as the Joker.

Wait and see..

chiefzilla1501 12-19-2018 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 13971893)
You're sick. Aladdin and Beauty and the Beast have to be in your top 5 Disney classics.

1. Lion King
2. Aladdin
3. Beauty and the Beast
4. Mulan

I just googled Disney animated classics and that list is ****ing insane. Of course you've the obvious big names but then even the smaller names that you might have forgotten like Lady and the Tramp, Oliver and Company, Atlantis: The Lost Empire, the Great Mouse Detective, the Hunchback of Notre Dame.

Talking about not wanting to watch those live action. I liked the animated.

rabblerouser 12-19-2018 08:53 PM

No.

Buehler445 12-20-2018 02:00 AM

Jasmine looks hot as **** though.

BWillie 12-21-2018 12:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 13972181)
Jasmine looks hot as **** though.

She better ****ing be.

sully1983 12-21-2018 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 13971813)
They're remaking really good movies.

It's not baffling at all.

and turning them into stale live action remakes. I mean, I get what you're saying but I would prefer Disney to come up with more ORIGINAL shit instead of these shot for shot remakes . :shake: But I know why Disney is doing it, easy money.

mr. tegu 12-21-2018 10:14 AM

First look at Will Smith as Genie

Quote:

Originally Posted by sully1983 (Post 13974766)
and turning them into stale live action remakes. I mean, I get what you're saying but I would prefer Disney to come up with more ORIGINAL shit instead of these shot for shot remakes . :shake: But I know why Disney is doing it, easy money.

The money they make on any movie is nothing compared to the parks. These movies help keep the parks feeling relevant, especially to the newer generation, which will keep parents wanting to take the whole family. Last year alone Disney made about $20 billion with a B in their parks. So in a way the movies are to make easy money but for the fans it also enhances their experience in the parks.

A good comparison actually comes from Will Smith himself. There is a Men in Black ride in Universal Studios that at this point just looks so sad. The technology is really showing its age but even more sad to me is just how it feels like a random ride, not so much an experience like being in the movie because it’s hard to identify with such old characters, especially ones there people and not animated. The excitement isn’t the same and there is really nothing they can do about it. And I can’t imagine the gift shop excites anyone to buy something so out of date.

Edit: I just realized there is a new Men in Black movie coming out. Well that will definitely solve the issues on that ride. They will update the characters you interact with and the gift shop will be updated as well. Those are some easy fixes they can do pretty much instantly to help draw people to the park.

Bowser 12-21-2018 10:31 PM

Will Smith just doesn't even have the comedic depth to touch Robin Williams' ad-lib portrayal of the Genie. This is going to suck, but hard.

First, dismantle the magic of Star Wars. Second, piss on every beloved animated movie you've ever put out. Christ, Disney.

ThaVirus 12-22-2018 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 13975833)
Will Smith just doesn't even have the comedic depth to touch Robin Williams' ad-lib portrayal of the Genie. This is going to suck, but hard.

First, dismantle the magic of Star Wars. Second, piss on every beloved animated movie you've ever put out. Christ, Disney.

1) I mean, who does have the "comedic depth" to replace a guy like Robin Williams?

2) Disney didn't acquire the rights to Star Wars until long after the prequel trilogy was released. The magic of SWs was dismantled long before Disney got involved.

3) These "live-action" remakes of Disney animated classics have pretty much been universally liked.

Some of you guys just love to complain.

Demonpenz 12-22-2018 11:31 AM

EVERYONE'S SLEEPING ON EMPERORS NEW GROOVE

Deberg_1990 12-22-2018 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demonpenz (Post 13976197)
EVERYONE'S SLEEPING ON EMPERORS NEW GROOVE

Great little flick!

Bowser 12-22-2018 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 13976173)
1) I mean, who does have the "comedic depth" to replace a guy like Robin Williams?

2) Disney didn't acquire the rights to Star Wars until long after the prequel trilogy was released. The magic of SWs was dismantled long before Disney got involved.

3) These "live-action" remakes of Disney animated classics have pretty much been universally liked.

Some of you guys just love to complain.

1) Then why even attempt it? I like Will Smith is the majority of stuff he does, but this is just a bad idea.

2) Doesn't matter when they got them, they've ****ed the Skywalker saga up six ways to Sunday.

3) Granted, I haven't seen many if any of them, and I'm actually looking forward to Lion King, but this idea isn't a winner.

Complain? Yeah, but this falls back for me on the last decade plus of watching classics get remade or rebooted. I like new stuff, and I especially don't like classics being remade poorly just for seemingly a money grab. JMO

DaFace 12-22-2018 04:41 PM

I can't fully express my surprise that a forum full of middle-aged dudes isn't excited about a kids movie.

Bowser 12-22-2018 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 13976463)
I can't fully express my surprise that a forum full of middle-aged dudes isn't excited about a kids movie.

I feel like you're not trying to even hide how un-subtly you're throwing a jab here.

BWillie 12-22-2018 05:08 PM

When I heard Smith was going to be the genie I immediately thought it was perfect **shrugs**

penguinz 12-22-2018 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 13976496)
When I heard Smith was going to be the genie I immediately thought it was perfect **shrugs**

Smith's last decent acting was the last episode of The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air.

ThaVirus 12-22-2018 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penguinz (Post 13976507)

Wow. I mean, Pursuit of Happyness, Seven Pounds. He was nominated for an Oscar for Ali.

This is just a truly horrendous take. My God, man. Log out.

ThaVirus 12-22-2018 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 13976462)
1) Then why even attempt it? I like Will Smith is the majority of stuff he does, but this is just a bad idea.

2) Doesn't matter when they got them, they've ****ed the Skywalker saga up six ways to Sunday.

3) Granted, I haven't seen many if any of them, and I'm actually looking forward to Lion King, but this idea isn't a winner.

Complain? Yeah, but this falls back for me on the last decade plus of watching classics get remade or rebooted. I like new stuff, and I especially don't like classics being remade poorly just for seemingly a money grab. JMO

Why not? What did you think when you heard Nolan had cast Heath Ledger as the Joker? Be honest..

And, I feel you. I think everyone likes originality, but it's not the studio's fault people eat up the remakes and reboots. They've already got a large target audience vested in seeing the new take. If you don't like it then you've got to stop watching them and start supporting the originals. Movies like Valerian: City of a Thousand Planets and Mortal Engines are risky.

penguinz 12-24-2018 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 13976548)
Wow. I mean, Pursuit of Happyness, Seven Pounds. He was nominated for an Oscar for Ali.

This is just a truly horrendous take. My God, man. Log out.

Toms of movies get nominated that are not good movies. He is not a good actor.

Just Passin' By 12-24-2018 03:23 PM

Quote:

1. Lion King
2. Aladdin
3. Beauty and the Beast
4. Mulan

Your 'classics' are slanted far too much into the recent past, IMO. And someone making a list of Disney's best and having Mulan being in the top 5 may just be the definition of batshit crazy.

ThaVirus 12-24-2018 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penguinz (Post 13985926)
Toms of movies get nominated that are not good movies. He is not a good actor.

You're ****ing stupid.

ThaVirus 12-24-2018 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Just Passin' By (Post 13985990)
Your 'classics' are slanted far too much into the recent past, IMO. And someone making a list of Disney's best and having Mulan being in the top 5 may just be the definition of batshit crazy.

Definitely. I was born in the '80s.

Who really wants to watch Sleeping Beauty? The Sword in the Stone? Lol. Not me.

Though I did love Jungle Book growing up and recently watched Pinocchio on Netflix and it was a damned good flick.

DaKCMan AP 12-24-2018 04:12 PM

Quote:

1. Lion King
2. Aladdin
3. Beauty and the Beast
4. Mulan

Mulan in the top 5?? Come on. If we limit the discussion to Disney Animation Studios.. I'd take any of Pocahontas, The Little Mermaid, The Jungle Book, The Aristocats, Lady and the Tramp, Peter Pan, 101 Dalmations, Cinderella, Alice in Wonderland, Pinocchio, Snow White, even Dumbo and Bambi were better than ****ing Mulan.

I was born in the 80s too.

ThaVirus 12-24-2018 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP (Post 13986064)
Mulan in the top 5?? Come on. If we limit the discussion to Disney Animation Studios.. I'd take any of Pocahontas, The Little Mermaid, The Jungle Book, The Aristocats, Lady and the Tramp, Peter Pan, 101 Dalmations, Cinderella, Alice in Wonderland, Pinocchio, Snow White, even Dumbo and Bambi were better than ****ing Mulan.

I was born in the 80s too.

Lol Bunch of grown ass men talking about their favorite Disney cartoons. I love it.

Mulan is awesome. Shang is a stud, I'll Make a Man Out of You is one of the best songs on the Disney playlist, and Mulan legitimately murders like 500 people in the movie.

penguinz 12-24-2018 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 13986009)
You're ****ing stupid.

Sorry that you are a lemming and think he is a good actor because Hollywood wants you to think so.

ThaVirus 12-24-2018 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penguinz (Post 13986233)
Sorry that you are a lemming and think he is a good actor because Hollywood wants you to think so.

Damn all that. I don't even care what you think of his career, his acting or his choice in roles.. you can't ****ing say with a straight face he hasn't had a good acting performance since 1996

Have you even seen Pursuit of Happyness?

chiefzilla1501 12-27-2018 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 13976556)
Why not? What did you think when you heard Nolan had cast Heath Ledger as the Joker? Be honest..

And, I feel you. I think everyone likes originality, but it's not the studio's fault people eat up the remakes and reboots. They've already got a large target audience vested in seeing the new take. If you don't like it then you've got to stop watching them and start supporting the originals. Movies like Valerian: City of a Thousand Planets and Mortal Engines are risky.

Maybe will Smith will surprise me. Heath Ledger is actually a good actor. Will Smith is fine for certain types of movies. A bizarrely twisted fireball of energy he is not. To answer your question... Jim Carrey is an obvious obvious choice. Will Smith is energetic, but this feels as bubble gum pop as you can get.

penguinz 12-27-2018 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 13989680)
Maybe will Smith will surprise me. Heath Ledger is actually a good actor. Will Smith is fine for certain types of movies. A bizarrely twisted fireball of energy he is not. To answer your question... Jim Carrey is an obvious obvious choice. Will Smith is energetic, but this feels as bubble gum pop as you can get.

How dare you say that Smith is an average actor. You are going to hurt ThaVirus' feelings.

ThaVirus 12-27-2018 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 13989680)
Maybe will Smith will surprise me. Heath Ledger is actually a good actor. Will Smith is fine for certain types of movies. A bizarrely twisted fireball of energy he is not...

Again, this is the same type of scrutiny Nolan faced after announcing that Ledger was cast.

This is a Disney film, remember that. They likely knew there was no way they'd be able to recapture Williams' quirky magic so they opted for the charismatic star instead.

hometeam 12-27-2018 08:44 PM

i actually really like Will Smith but god.. this looks cringe af

jd1020 12-27-2018 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penguinz (Post 13976507)

I'm not the biggest Will Smith fan but I'd sit down and watch Enemy of the State, The Legend of Bagger Vance, I Am Legend, Hancock, probably even Hitch at any time.

Just Passin' By 12-28-2018 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 13990242)
I'm not the biggest Will Smith fan but I'd sit down and watch Enemy of the State, The Legend of Bagger Vance, I Am Legend, Hancock, probably even Hitch at any time.

I'm probably going to regret weighing in on this, but here goes. My personal opinion about this...

Will Smith is like Keanu Reeves. Neither is anything to brag about as an actor, but both have an ability to find roles that fit their particular quirks and strengths that surpasses a lot of superior actors.

MarkDavis'Haircut 12-28-2018 03:44 PM

I am tired of the live action remakes.

Just chasing easy money. What happened to keep moving forward?

The only animated movie that should be remade is the Black Cauldron.

MarkDavis'Haircut 12-28-2018 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 13986011)
Definitely. I was born in the '80s.

Who really wants to watch Sleeping Beauty? The Sword in the Stone? Lol. Not me.

Though I did love Jungle Book growing up and recently watched Pinocchio on Netflix and it was a damned good flick.

Sleeping Beauty is a classic. Definitely a top ten Disney flick.

The Sword in the Stone is disjointed though.

BWillie 12-30-2018 02:41 PM

How come hes not blue? They should go back and CGI him to be blue - kind of like what they did on GoTG for Zoe Saldana and Michael Rooker.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...Skidmore_2.jpg

Tribal Warfare 12-30-2018 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 13976496)

Shaquille O'Neal as Kazaam comes to my mind

BigRichard 12-31-2018 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Just Passin' By (Post 13991172)
I'm probably going to regret weighing in on this, but here goes. My personal opinion about this...

Will Smith is like Keanu Reeves. Neither is anything to brag about as an actor, but both have an ability to find roles that fit their particular quirks and strengths that surpasses a lot of superior actors.

https://media.giphy.com/media/VKikdU0yaqYz6/giphy.gif

Mephistopheles Janx 02-11-2019 09:11 AM

A still showing Will Smith as the Genie... and blue.

https://i.redd.it/yk5lgfykkvf21.jpg

Buehler445 02-11-2019 09:18 AM

That looks better than I expected

PunkinDrublic 02-11-2019 09:36 AM

It’s just as stupid as all the transformer type movies.

SAGA45 02-11-2019 10:15 AM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/dZ7QOGH41NU" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Fire Me Boy! 02-11-2019 03:01 PM

Looks.... Ugh.

BWillie 02-11-2019 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MephistophelesJanx (Post 14100931)
A still showing Will Smith as the Genie... and blue.

https://i.redd.it/yk5lgfykkvf21.jpg

Perfect.

Buehler445 02-11-2019 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SAGA45 (Post 14101022)
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/dZ7QOGH41NU" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Oh GOD. Nevermind. That's abysmal.

Hammock Parties 02-11-2019 10:30 PM

It's just bad casting. The body is fine. The blue is fine.

Just that face and that voice...it doesn't work.

Maybe if he had an accent...maybe...but he didn't try or they didn't want one.

Ugh.

But at least the music sounds AMAZING.

007 02-11-2019 11:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SAGA45 (Post 14101022)

Lord, he does not fit the role at all after seeing that. Its just Will Smith in blue acting like Will Smith.

Buehler445 02-11-2019 11:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 007 (Post 14102610)
Lord, he does not fit the role at all after seeing that. Its just Will Smith in blue acting like Will Smith.

Yeah, This is exactly right. Same shit, different effects.

ThaVirus 02-12-2019 06:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 14102566)

Ugh.

Robin Williams didn't use an accent, did he?

Otter 02-12-2019 06:33 AM

http://abcspor.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/kazz.jpg

Deberg_1990 02-12-2019 06:53 AM

“You ain’t never had a friend like me, HELL Naw!”

Beef Supreme 02-12-2019 10:47 AM

The credits of any Will Smith movie should read "Starring Will Smith as himself."

RunKC 02-12-2019 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 14102566)

Ugh.

Hard to find anybody to reprise that role and come anything close to Robin William. Will Smith was just terrible for this.

Hell give me Mike Myers or Andy Serkis over Will Smith all day

CoMoChief 02-12-2019 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 14103084)
Hard to find anybody to reprise that role and come anything close to Robin William. Will Smith was just terrible for this.

Hell give me Mike Myers or Andy Serkis over Will Smith all day

My 2 cents...

Casting is just meh IMO

1. Jafar looks like a pussy. Doesn't even look evil, the mannerisms etc. Although this is just a trailer clip and could only see a few seconds of him, so I'm not giving up all hope yet. But those few seconds were kind of disappointing and he looks really wimpy.

2. They could have gotten someone hotter to play Jasmine. She appears to be too plain Jane for me. Sexy it up a little bit. Yes it's a childern's movie but most of the people (guys) who grew up watching as kids are in their mid 30's now. Don't ask me who could've casted Jasmine better because I dont know, but I'm sure they could have found someone hotter.

3. Iago better be voiced over by Gilbert Gottfried, although I'm afraid it's not going to be...haven't been able to find anything on IMDB or google search about it. Gottfried IS Iago.

4. And Will Smith. Ugh... Will Smith starring as himself. Most would say Robin Williams starred as himself as well. The main difference is, it was a cartoon so you didn't have to actually see Williams in the role, just his voice. This movie you're getting a blue Hulk Fresh Prince and it just looks weird IMO. Disney should have just made it 100% CGI character without showing Smith's physical/facial features etc and it'd probably work out ok. This is one of Disney's most iconic characters and with that is going to come a lot of criticism and huge shoes to fill and could ultimately be the movie's downfall.

ThaVirus 02-12-2019 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beef Supreme (Post 14103059)
The credits of any Will Smith movie should read "Starring Will Smith as himself."

Legend of Bagger Vance, Ali, Concussion, Pursuit of Happyness, Seven Pounds, Enemy of the State, After Earth, I Am Legend.

Just off the top of my head, those roles are all very different.

Beef Supreme 02-12-2019 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 14103477)
Legend of Bagger Vance, Ali, Concussion, Pursuit of Happyness, Seven Pounds, Enemy of the State, After Earth, I Am Legend.

Just off the top of my head, those roles are all very different.

I've seen about half of those. All pretty much Will playing himself.

ThaVirus 02-12-2019 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beef Supreme (Post 14103584)

Lol

Alright, which ones specifically, you ****ing liar?

Setsuna 02-12-2019 05:37 PM

ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL

Buehler445 02-12-2019 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beef Supreme (Post 14103584)

No. He’s done a lot of different stuff in those roles.

It can be both dude. He can have done a lot of good acting and ****ing mailed it the **** in on this one.

But don’t mind me. Go ahead and over generalize. It’s where we are as a society today - totally binary. Everyone is either Daniel Day Lewis or ****ing garbage. Nuance is so last millennium. ****.