ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Superman/Batman movie coming in 2015 (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=274670)

ModSocks 07-24-2013 05:13 PM

I just wish they'd do a Spawn remake. The first movie was garbage and the comic deserves a movie that can embrace, the dark, twisted world of Spawn.

Chiefs Pantalones 07-24-2013 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 9832039)
Which is why I don't understand why they used that quote from a story they are no using.

Yep. They shouldn't fight, IMO. Plus, this is Snyder's first display of Superman. Why would you neuter your guy right away like that; with a human if at all? You're gonna show how bad ass he is in the first film then castrate him in front of the fans and movie-going world using a human with ninja skills? Superman would severely injure Batman (he wouldn't kill him, but injure him to the point he couldn't fight back) with one punch. Hell, he could just fly around him for endless hours taunting him thus causing Batman to be weak due to lack of food or water lol. Superman is faster than a SPEEDING BULLET...and Batman can drive fast in his Batmobile. He's an alien with super powers. I just have a hard time even wrapping my head around how he could get Kryptonite close to him. I know I gotta open up my box a little bit more but even in the comic book world it's ridiculous, or at least it should be.

Deberg_1990 07-24-2013 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 9832060)
I just wish they'd do a Spawn remake. The first movie was garbage and the comic deserves a movie that can embrace, the dark, twisted world of Spawn.

This was kinda random.....

Superman vs Batman vs Spawn?

Valiant 07-24-2013 07:18 PM

Spawn would wreck them from his magical powers.

Same with dr. Strange.

But supes would just need to go satellite on batman and kryptonite from space.

Garcia Bronco 07-24-2013 07:25 PM

Sounds awful. Hollywood blows anymore.

DaneMcCloud 07-24-2013 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garcia Bronco (Post 9832369)
Sounds awful. Hollywood blows anymore.

LMAO

The Franchise 07-24-2013 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 9832060)

This...FFS. This.

Direckshun 07-24-2013 09:01 PM

A plot I approve of would be:

Spoiler!

Psyko Tek 07-24-2013 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 9827912)
they should've had Kevin Conroy reading the lines

if I ever win the lottery I am paying Kevin Conroy to redub every batman movie and cartoon he didn't do the voice in

that and hookers and blow

Psyko Tek 07-24-2013 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9827936)
Dane mentioned the best solution. Bring back JGL as the new Dark Knight. That way it serves as a reboot and continues the continuity of the Nolan Batman people loved.

**** that
there is no second batman
will kick me out of the franchise fast
I was there in 65

K I was born in '65 but batman is bruce wayne and always will be the bat gets no happy endings

Psyko Tek 07-24-2013 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 9830962)

there is a cartoon version
of dark knight returns only;y saw the first one, but very faithful to the comic

Sure-Oz 07-24-2013 10:36 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Psyko Tek (Post 9832674)
there is a cartoon version
of dark knight returns only;y saw the first one, but very faithful to the comic

Yeah i just ordered this off amazon 'The dark knight returns' can't wait to read it. Then watch the cartoon version that i heard is over 2 hours combinde in 2 parts. Good stuff

Sure-Oz 07-24-2013 10:53 PM

http://www.amazon.com/Batman-Knight-...knight+returns

I will purchase this in october. Currently you can buy part 1 and 2 seperatly. 156 min total run time. I have $13 amazon instant credit i will use to rent both parts for now :)

Swanman 07-25-2013 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz (Post 9832831)
Yeah i just ordered this off amazon 'The dark knight returns' can't wait to read it. Then watch the cartoon version that i heard is over 2 hours combinde in 2 parts. Good stuff

I got the cartoon versions from Netflix. Just fantastic stuff. The first centers on an older Bruce Wayne unretiring then the second one has some Joker stuff and the Superman faceoff.

Sure-Oz 07-25-2013 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swanman (Post 9833179)
I got the cartoon versions from Netflix. Just fantastic stuff. The first centers on an older Bruce Wayne unretiring then the second one has some Joker stuff and the Superman faceoff.

Can't wait to start it up

lcarus 07-25-2013 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz (Post 9832831)

Dark Knight Returns animated movie was ok until Superman shows up. Then it turned to absolute diarrhea donkey shit. I hate when they bring Superman into the Batman universe. It just doesn't work for me.

Pepe Silvia 07-25-2013 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9823353)
Stupid question,

Why would Superman even need Batman?

The answer is simple really. Superman is poor and lives on a farm in Kansas, Batman is filthy rich and lives in a Gotham City mansion.

Anyong Bluth 07-25-2013 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9824427)
Sounds like its going to be Superman Vs. Batman. Hmmmm

http://badassdigest.com/2013/07/20/s...oming-in-2015/

“"I want you to remember my hand at your throat. I want you to remember the one man who beat you."

That line, one of the best moments in Frank Miller’s seminal, genre-changing The Dark Knight Returns, is what Zack Snyder used to announce his next movie: a film that has both Superman and Batman. The film is untitled, is currently dated for summer 2015 and that’s all we know.

Snyder was quick to say that the quote didn’t mean they were adapting TDKR; rather it informs what this movie will be. So expect Batman and Superman to be at odds, and duking it out. We have to assume this is how Kryptonite is introduced into the rebooted Superman movie universe, that Bruce Wayne finds it.

What will the film be called? It can’t be Man of Steel 2. I’d love it if they went old school and called it World’s Finest, but that might be too square for the new, darker Superman.

The other question is who will be Batman? They’re going into production next year according to Warner Bros, so they’re going to have to find their new Batman quite quickly. Will they attempt to tie it into the Nolan films? Is this a Batman reboot? We’ll know more soon.

Ya, I read about how they want to establish Batman's genius and ability to take on guys with superpowers so its not so unbelievable when facing villains in the Justice League movie, and figure squaring off against Superman is a way to establish this and reset the character away from how he was treated by Nolan- more grounded in a realistic world- no villains like mr. Freeze or poison ivy that had over the top powers.

Also, rumored that the Batman character will bypass the origin background story and possibly be called back into service after hanging it up and in his mid-30's.
We shall see. ..

Psyko Tek 07-25-2013 06:13 PM

I love TDKR the comic, and the cartoon,
but as a second supes movie,...
no

better off going with Public enemies for the batman superman comic
it's also a cartoon

Easy 6 07-25-2013 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swanman (Post 9833179)

This is what i came into this thread to ask about... where are the COOL Batman cartoons? All i ever find is some BS kiddie stuff that does nothing to make me want to watch it.

But a dark, gritty version with realistic animation would sell me instantly, i better sniff around this thread some more...

ThaVirus 07-25-2013 09:19 PM

There's a cartoon movie called Superman/Batman: Apocalypse that's pretty gritty with great animation. It features Batman, Superman, Supergirl, Wonder Woman, Doomsday and Darskeid if I remember right. That one was pretty good.

I just watched one today called Gotham Knight that was SUPER gritty but, to be honest, I didn't think it was very good.

Dark Knight Returns Part 1 was ok from what I remember. I didn't like the weird mutant storyline but its worth a watch I guess. I've never seen part 2.

But the one animated Batman movie you HAVE to see is Batman: Under the Red Hood. That's definitely my favorite animated Batman flick.

Sure-Oz 07-25-2013 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 9834874)
There's a cartoon movie called Superman/Batman: Apocalypse that's pretty gritty with great animation. It features Batman, Superman, Supergirl, Wonder Woman, Doomsday and Darskeid if I remember right. That one was pretty good.

I just watched one today called Gotham Knight that was SUPER gritty but, to be honest, I didn't think it was very good.

Dark Knight Returns Part 1 was ok from what I remember. I didn't like the weird mutant storyline but its worth a watch I guess. I've never seen part 2.

But the one animated Batman movie you HAVE to see is Batman: Under the Red Hood. That's definitely my favorite animated Batman flick.

Loved under the red hood...

mdchiefsfan 07-26-2013 04:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 9832652)
A plot I approve of would be:

Spoiler!

This is how I think Lex will be introduced:

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showp...9&postcount=75

Rasputin 08-01-2013 05:08 AM

I want to see Superman vs Dr. Doom as it was in the comic that killed Superman.

They could make the most epic super fight ever.

They can always make a movie later that revives Superman from the dead.

Lex Luthor 08-01-2013 05:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 9850004)
I want to see Superman vs Dr. Doom as it was in the comic that killed Superman.

They could make the most epic super fight ever.

They can always make a movie later that revives Superman from the dead.

Dr. Doom is a Marvel character.

http://congojoea.tripod.com/sitebuil...res/drdoom.jpg

Superman was killed by Doomsday.

http://hdwpapers.com/thumbs/superman...llpaper-t2.jpg

Rasputin 08-01-2013 06:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brainiac (Post 9850014)

Ok then I want to see Doomsday kill Superman in the movies.

Javabean 08-01-2013 07:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 9850020)

There is a decent direct-to-video version of this: Superman/Doomsday

It basically starts with the fight and then spends the next two acts dealing with the aftermath.

Rasputin 08-01-2013 07:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Javabean (Post 9850071)
There is a decent direct-to-video version of this: Superman/Doomsday

It basically starts with the fight and then spends the next two acts dealing with the aftermath.

Yeah cool, but that isn't the same as for the movies. That is just a cartoon.

beach tribe 08-01-2013 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brainiac (Post 9850014)

In one of the most ridiculous story lines in the history of comics.

Old, but good:
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/0PlwDbSYicM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

ModSocks 08-01-2013 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valiant (Post 9832351)
Spawn would wreck them from his magical powers.

Same with dr. Strange.

But supes would just need to go satellite on batman and kryptonite from space.

I actually owned the Spawn vs Batman Comic. They had to cheapen it a bit iirc, as they made it when Spawn had his powers weakened and taken away by Malbolgia.

Red Brooklyn 08-01-2013 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 9851516)
I actually owned the Spawn vs Batman Comic. They had to cheapen it a bit iirc, as they made it when Spawn had his powers weakened and taken away by Malbolgia.

Didn't they two of those? A Spawn/Batman and a Batman/Spawn? Two different stories? Am I high?

Setsuna 08-03-2013 12:20 AM

Get Nightmare Batman in the mix!

Chiefs Pantalones 08-20-2013 04:25 PM

Image Credit: Ron Phillips
Extra! Extra!! Christian Bale offered $50 million to play Batman again!
If you’ve scanned the superhero sites, you’ve inevitably read reports that Bale is being lured back to the Batcave with a $50 meeellion offer to square off against Henry Cavill’s Superman in Warner Bros.’ Man of Steel sequel. Fans of Christopher Nolan’s Dark Knight trilogy and Bale’s dark portrayal of the Caped Crusader immediately rejoiced, convincing themselves that Bale’s previous denials and his desire to pass the torch to another Batman could quickly be erased by cold hard cash. Perhaps that will eventually be the case. But not today.
The recent online buzz erupted after the British Sun newspaper reported that “Bale is facing extraordinary pressure” to return to the character for a huge payday. The Sun‘s sources, however, aren’t exactly Warner Bros. insiders or members of Bale’s inner circle. Instead, the tabloid was blindly relying on a new ebook titled Beyond Batman: The Unauthorized True Story of Christian Bale and His Dark Knight Dilemma. It’s a 27-page mini-book from an author named Vincent Russel, who’s also written an unauthorized biography of WWE superstar CM Punk.

In Beyond Batman, Russel writes about a New Year’s Eve 2012 conversation about a potential Justice League movie that he had with a friend who worked at Legendary Pictures during the making of the Dark Knight films:
“’Why would Christian Bale walk away from what is certainly going to be either the first or second highest grossing movie in the history of cinema,” he asked, when the subject of Justice League was raised. … ‘He could probably make $50 million for being in the movie 20 minutes,’ my friend observed. ‘And it would be worth every penny to the studio.’ … Sources close to Christian Bale have reportedly begun expressing their suspicions that Bale now views the Batman films in the same light that Robert Downey, Jr. views the Iron Man films. Although Downey has appeared as Tony Stark in four films in less than a decade, he’s hardly typecast as only Iron Man. Downey has balanced his action film escapades with other projects that have harnessed his talents and earned critical acclaim in the process. … Christian Bale’s future success as a Hollywood draw may need Batman every bit as much as the Batman franchise needs Bale for a few more rounds. … It goes without saying that Bale’s managers, friends, and representatives are all telling him the same. And as anyone who has ever worked with Bale will admit, the actor is incredibly sharp, business savvy, and perceptive. As a result, it seems highly unlikely that Christian Bale will bolt from Batman when the bat signal is still glimmering above the Hollywood sign with such tangible fervor.”
Got all that?
A “former colleague” of Russel’s told him seven months before Man of Steel even opened in theaters that Bale could probably get $50 million for appearing in a subsequent Justice League movie. Now, let’s assume Russel’s former colleague is a top Legendary executive and that everything he said accurately reflects the company’s thinking… That still doesn’t equate into what’s being reported by many outlets today. There is no $50 million offer, based on a speculative conversation that took place eight months ago. The confusion isn’t necessarily the fault of Russel — who relied on “exclusive interviews, online research” for his $2.99 ebook — but the number of outlets that hurriedly ran with the news, most likely because of their steadfast belief that this type of announcement is inevitable. Of course Warner Bros. is going to make a final push to get Bale back, goes the thinking. And $50 million seems about right (I guess?) Reportedly, director Zack Snyder wants a slightly older, wearier Batman to battle Cavill’s younger Superman. That would be Bale, who’s only 39, but he certainly pulled that off in The Dark Knight Rises. Warner Bros. and Bale’s rep both declined to comment about the newest speculation, but that could mean anything or nothing.
For those who want to go down the rabbit-hole, Bale starts shooting Exodus, his Moses epic with Ridley Scott, this fall, but he’s not yet officially booked for anything in early 2014, when Batman vs. Superman is tentatively scheduled to shoot. So he’s potentially available. Bale also wouldn’t be the first actor to feign disinterest in order to secure a better payday. He’s either completely content with walking away from the franchise, or he’s playing this non-negotiation negotiation perfectly. Or both. Conceivably, he could return as Batman for one epic battle with Superman, really die the noble death he faked in Dark Knight Rises and then hand the keys of the Tumbler over to his new successor, played by Joseph Gordon-Levitt, for the subsequent Justice League movie — STOP!!! See, I understand why we care and why we were so willing to believe the $50 million offer report. But the fact is, Warner Bros. is still looking for its Batman, and last we heard from Bale on the matter, he said, “I enjoy looking forward to what somebody else will come up with.” Admittedly, that was in July, but that was also seven months after the sketchy conversation that launched the $50 million rumor.

Deberg_1990 08-20-2013 04:27 PM

If they get Bale back, this thing could easily rival Avengers at the box office.

Chiefs Pantalones 08-20-2013 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9902223)
If they get Bale back, this thing could easily rival Avengers at the box office.

If they offer him $50 million and he turns that down. **** you, Bale lol. But yeah, it'll likely break all-time box office records if he comes back.

Tribal Warfare 08-20-2013 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9902223)

it would beast rape the Avengers

Pepe Silvia 08-20-2013 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 9850020)

Word!

Setsuna 08-20-2013 07:42 PM

That stupid article said square off against. F that noise. Supes would break Batman in half in a second.

KcMizzou 08-20-2013 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clayton Bibsby (Post 9902661)
That stupid article said square off against. F that noise. Supes would break Batman in half in a second.

Well, yeah. Since Superman has godlike powers, while Batman's just an athletic genius with the money to pay for all kinds of crazy cool toys.

Superman's boring. Overpowered.

Deberg_1990 08-22-2013 07:45 PM

Your new Batman will be Ben Affleck

http://www.deadline.com/2013/08/ben-...-superman-pic/

BURBANK, CA, August 22, 2013 – Ending weeks of speculation, Ben Affleck has been set to star as Batman, a.k.a. Bruce Wayne. Affleck and filmmaker Zack Snyder will create an entirely new incarnation of the character in Snyder’s as-yet-untitled project—bringing Batman and Superman together for the first time on the big screen and continuing the director’s vision of their universe, which he established in “Man of Steel.” The announcement was made today by Greg Silverman, President, Creative Development and Worldwide Production, and Sue Kroll, President, Worldwide Marketing and International Distribution, Warner Bros. Pictures.

The studio has slated the film to open worldwide on July 17, 2015.

Last month’s surprise announcement of the new movie featuring both Superman and Batman created a wave of excitement and immediately fueled discussion and debate—among fans as well as in the media—about who would put on the cape and cowl of Bruce Wayne’s alter ego.

Snyder successfully re-imagined the origin of Clark Kent/Superman in the worldwide blockbuster “Man of Steel,” which has earned more than $650 million worldwide to date, and climbing. The director will now create an original vision of Batman and his world for the film that brings the two DC Comics icons together.
Affleck will star opposite Henry Cavill, who will reprise the role of Superman/Clark Kent. The film will also reunite “Man of Steel” stars Amy Adams, Laurence Fishburne and Diane Lane.

In the announcement, Silverman stated, “We knew we needed an extraordinary actor to take on one of DC Comics’ most enduringly popular Super Heroes, and Ben Affleck certainly fits that bill, and then some. His outstanding career is a testament to his talent and we know he and Zack will bring new dimension to the duality of this character.”

Snyder also expressed his excitement about the casting of Affleck, noting, “Ben provides an interesting counter-balance to Henry’s Superman. He has the acting chops to create a layered portrayal of a man who is older and wiser than Clark Kent and bears the scars of a seasoned crime fighter, but retain the charm that the world sees in billionaire Bruce Wayne. I can’t wait to work with him.”

Kroll added, “We are so thrilled that Ben is continuing Warner Bros.’ remarkable legacy with the character of Batman. He is a tremendously gifted actor who will make this role his own in this already much-anticipated pairing of these two beloved heroes.”

Affleck recently starred in the Academy Award®-winning Best Picture “Argo,” which he also directed and produced, earning acclaim and a BAFTA Award nomination for his performance in the film, as well as a number of directing honors. In 2010, he starred in and directed the hit crime thriller “The Town.” His recent acting work also includes “The Company Men,” “State of Play,” and “Hollywoodland,” for which he received a Golden Globe nomination for Best Actor. Earlier in his career, Affleck starred in and co-wrote (with Matt Damon) “Good Will Hunting,” for which he won an Oscar® for Best Original Screenplay.

The new Super Hero film is being scripted by David S. Goyer from a story he co-created with Zack Snyder. Charles Roven and Deborah Snyder are producing, with Benjamin Melniker, Michael E. Uslan and Wesley Coller serving as executive producers.

Production is expected to begin in 2014.

The film is based on Superman characters created by Jerry Siegel & Joe Shuster, and Batman characters created by Bob Kane, published by DC Entertainment.

tk13 08-22-2013 07:45 PM

Some sites are beginning to report that Ben Affleck has been cast as Batman. We'll see if it holds true.

ThaVirus 08-22-2013 07:46 PM

That's the best they could do?

tk13 08-22-2013 07:49 PM

Actually I just noticed the Man of Steel Facebook posted the same thing, I guess it is 100% official.

Deberg_1990 08-22-2013 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tk13 (Post 9907221)
Actually I just noticed the Man of Steel Facebook posted the same thing, I guess it is 100% official.

Its official. See post #120

007 08-22-2013 07:53 PM

JFC this is bad.

ThaVirus 08-22-2013 07:54 PM

I would have preferred a no-name.

.... I'm not going to pretend like this will keep me from watching it though.

Mav 08-22-2013 07:54 PM

TerriBAD.

This is going to be a flop....

Count me out.

Deberg_1990 08-22-2013 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 9907234)
JFC this is bad.

who knows? They apparently wanted an older Batman. Im holding out hope because i truly loved Man of Steel and im willing to give Snyder the benefit because of that.

Chiefs Pantalones 08-22-2013 07:56 PM

****ing pathetic. Ugh. Not watching.

007 08-22-2013 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9907249)
who knows? They apparently wanted an older Batman. Im holding out hope because i truly loved Man of Steel and im willing to give Snyder the benefit because of that.

I'll still watch because I love Supes but I just cannot see Afleck in this role at all.

tk13 08-22-2013 07:58 PM

I would feel better if this was Nolan, but we'll see what happens. Sometimes Nolan makes choices that make you wonder, but they almost always work.

DaneMcCloud 08-22-2013 07:59 PM

I don't get all the hate. Ben was great in Argo and The Town. He was very good as George Reeves in Hollywoodland.

This version won't be "The Dark Knight". My bigger concern is Snyder, not Affleck.

Sure-Oz 08-22-2013 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9907271)
I don't get all the hate. Ben was great in Argo and The Town. He was very good as George Reeves.

This version won't be "The Dark Knight". My bigger concern is Snyder, not Affleck.

Ive likes bens newer movies better than his old...I disliked Daredevil. Gotta seperate this from dark knight

007 08-22-2013 08:02 PM

Quote:

I don't get all the hate. Ben was great in Argo and The Town. He was very good as George Reeves in Hollywoodland.

Don't get me wrong. I really like Ben as an actor. I just have a very hard time seeing him in the Batman role. I'll still watch but my expectations just got lowered.

jd1020 08-22-2013 08:03 PM

I still pop in Dogma like once a year.

Deberg_1990 08-22-2013 08:05 PM

In some ways, Affleck and McConaughey have never been better than Dazed and Confused. : )

KcMizzou 08-22-2013 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9907290)
In some ways, Affleck and McConaughey have never been better than Dazed and Confused. : )

You know what I like about these high school girls man...

KcMizzou 08-22-2013 08:07 PM

Quote:

Agreed.

Fire Me Boy! 08-22-2013 08:28 PM

The only person that can direct Affleck is Affleck... this is gonna suck.

Deberg_1990 08-22-2013 08:34 PM

Dont get all the Snyder hate? Yea, Owls and Hot chicks with guns sucked.....but hes made 3 really good movies and Watchmen was ok in parts. Hes got a really cool visual style as well.

Fire Me Boy! 08-22-2013 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9907399)
Dont get all the Snyder hate? Yea, Owls and Hot chicks with guns sucked.....but hes made 3 really good movies and Watchmen was ok in parts. Hes got a really cool visual style as well.

Three? Name one "really" good movie Snyder's made.

Deberg_1990 08-22-2013 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 9907408)
Three? Name one "really" good movie Snyder's made.

Man of Steel, 300 and Dawn of the Dead

Fire Me Boy! 08-22-2013 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9907412)
Man of Steel, 300 and Dawn of the Dead

None of those is "really good." The closest is DotD, the other two are all style, no substance. And I'm mot a MoS hater, but c'mon man. Really good?

Gravedigger 08-22-2013 08:41 PM

I think people are relaying Daredevil being mediocre to Affleck. Daredevil wasn't Affleck's fault, writing was the downfall, not acting. I think it's fine, this movie won't be Daredevil, it'll have a much bigger budget and effects. I think it'll be on par with Man of Steel. Snyder is what'll have to get better, not the two actors in the roles.

KcMizzou 08-22-2013 08:41 PM

I loved Watchmen.

Deberg_1990 08-22-2013 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 9907420)
None of those is "really good." The closest is DotD, the other two are all style, no substance. And I'm mot a MoS hater, but c'mon man. Really good?

Yes, sorry.

Deberg_1990 08-22-2013 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KcMizzou (Post 9907422)
I loved Watchmen.

I think I need to watch it again. I liked it in parts, but not the whole. Ending seemed kinda weak. Plus, it was depressing, but I guess that's the source material.

ThaVirus 08-22-2013 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 9907420)

**** you. Dawn of the Dead was a really good movie.

Valiant 10-19-2013 06:19 PM

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/-G4Y8JtT1j0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

http://www.break.com/video/how-we-ho...ys-out-2529349

Tribal Warfare 11-19-2013 02:35 AM

‘Batman vs. Superman’: WB Producer Reveals Robin & Batman Drones

A tweet from producer Daniel Alter (Hitman, Kane & Lynch) has seemingly confirmed the longstanding speculation that Batman will have an estranged sidekick (presumably Dick Grayson) in the sequel. But that’s not all:

Quote:

Can't wait for #BatmanvsSuperman.. #batfleck semi-retired/not speaking to Robin anymore.. Controlling drones from the batcave.

— Daniel Alter (@DAlter007) November 15, 2013
Bat-drones, you say?

Ever since this movie’s announcement, we’ve known that director Zack Snyder and writer David S. Goyer would be drawing inspiration from some Batman/Superman comic book storylines – the most notable being Frank Miller’s Dark Knight Returns finale, which saw the two titans go at it. (Snyder even used a quote from that battle to announce the film at the Comic-Con 2013). However, if the scenario Alter referred to is indeed part of the Batman vs. Superman storyline, it seems that the film will be borrowing from some additional sources as well – such as Mark Waid and Alex Ross’s seminal storyline, Kingdom Come.

In that iconic miniseries, we’re given a vision of an alternate future where the original Justice League has (for the most part) retired, due to the rise of a whole new generation of superhumans. Getting to the point: in the story, an elderly Bruce Wayne maintains control of Gotham City using an army of robotic Bat-sentries that he controls from the reclusive confines of his cave (a similar idea was more recently explored in the Batman Incorporated comic book). When superhuman battles begin to cause mass destruction across the globe, Wayne partners with Lex Luthor to form a coalition of non-powered humans to keep “Superman and his ilk” in check.

CoMoChief 11-19-2013 09:22 PM

Jesus....this just seems to get dumber and dumber. Bat drones? seriously?

bowener 11-19-2013 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 10204333)
‘Batman vs. Superman’: WB Producer Reveals Robin & Batman Drones

A tweet from producer Daniel Alter (Hitman, Kane & Lynch) has seemingly confirmed the longstanding speculation that Batman will have an estranged sidekick (presumably Dick Grayson) in the sequel. But that’s not all:

Bat-drones, you say?

Ever since this movie’s announcement, we’ve known that director Zack Snyder and writer David S. Goyer would be drawing inspiration from some Batman/Superman comic book storylines – the most notable being Frank Miller’s Dark Knight Returns finale, which saw the two titans go at it. (Snyder even used a quote from that battle to announce the film at the Comic-Con 2013). However, if the scenario Alter referred to is indeed part of the Batman vs. Superman storyline, it seems that the film will be borrowing from some additional sources as well – such as Mark Waid and Alex Ross’s seminal storyline, Kingdom Come.

In that iconic miniseries, we’re given a vision of an alternate future where the original Justice League has (for the most part) retired, due to the rise of a whole new generation of superhumans. Getting to the point: in the story, an elderly Bruce Wayne maintains control of Gotham City using an army of robotic Bat-sentries that he controls from the reclusive confines of his cave (a similar idea was more recently explored in the Batman Incorporated comic book). When superhuman battles begin to cause mass destruction across the globe, Wayne partners with Lex Luthor to form a coalition of non-powered humans to keep “Superman and his ilk” in check.

Well ,the destruction porn in MOS now starts to make a bit more sense.

Sure-Oz 11-19-2013 10:23 PM

I still think its too soon for this movie but whatever.

bowener 11-19-2013 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz (Post 10206406)
I still think its too soon for this movie but whatever.

I agree. Seems like it should be the final film if they plan on doing 3.

Sure-Oz 11-19-2013 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bowener (Post 10206437)
I agree. Seems like it should be the final film if they plan on doing 3.

That would've been my preference. i liked man of steel but it had flaws to it. I was kind've hoping they'd expand on clark/supes in the 2nd movie but its a major fast forward. I'm hoping to enjoy it though being a superhero nerd.

Swanman 11-20-2013 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz (Post 10206452)
That would've been my preference. i liked man of steel but it had flaws to it. I was kind've hoping they'd expand on clark/supes in the 2nd movie but its a major fast forward. I'm hoping to enjoy it though being a superhero nerd.

It seems to me they want to quickly lay the groundwork for a Justice League movie so they want Bats and Supes in the same movie as the kickoff to that process.

hometeam 11-20-2013 09:55 AM

this is a disaster waiting to happen

bowener 11-20-2013 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swanman (Post 10206797)
It seems to me they want to quickly lay the groundwork for a Justice League movie so they want Bats and Supes in the same movie as the kickoff to that process.

This, and JL will most likely be god awful. Not to mention Batman will be old and retired as part of JL.

keg in kc 12-04-2013 12:24 PM

We have our wonder woman: http://www.deadline.com/interstitial...vs-superman%2F
Quote:

BREAKING: Warner Bros and Zack Snyder have found their Wonder Woman. They’ve cast Gal Gadot in the iconic role and she will be part of Batman Vs. Superman, the film that will see Henry Cavill square off with Ben Affleck. Gadot has been in three Fast & Furious films, as well as Knight And Day and Date Night.

Said Snyder: “Wonder Woman is arguably one of the most powerful female characters of all time and a fan favorite in the DC Universe. Not only is Gal an amazing actress, but she also has that magical quality that makes her perfect for the role. We look forward to audiences discovering Gal in the first feature film incarnation of this beloved character.”

ThaVirus 12-04-2013 04:18 PM

She's going to have to put on some serious muscle to pull the look off.