ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Superman/Batman movie coming in 2015 (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=274670)

Tribal Warfare 12-04-2013 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 10248367)
She's going to have to put on some serious muscle to pull the look off.

She was rail thin in Fast 5 and 6, because of that it's going to be hard to believe she can play Wonder Woman if she doesn't have the requisite body type for the role.

Sure-Oz 12-04-2013 05:21 PM

I'm curious how she bulks up for WW. Thought they'd go with that ripped chick from F&TF 6

Deberg_1990 12-04-2013 06:37 PM

I've thought for awhile Jennifer Lawrence would make a great Wonder Woman. But she's probably too big a name now.
Posted via Mobile Device

Gravedigger 12-04-2013 07:06 PM

I don't know why they went with Gal Gadot, just doesn't look the part at all. Give me Gina Carano anyday over her. I just want them to do her justice, Wonder Woman has been underutilized in television and film compared to other characters like Elektra who get movies. Just doesn't make sense.

unlurking 12-04-2013 07:16 PM

I never read much DC, so Linda Carter will always be WW to me.

Tribal Warfare 12-04-2013 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gravedigger (Post 10248690)
I don't know why they went with Gal Gadot, just doesn't look the part at all. Give me Gina Carano anyday over her. I just want them to do her justice, Wonder Woman has been underutilized in television and film compared to other characters like Elektra who get movies. Just doesn't make sense.

She probably gave Snyder a world class BJ

Gravedigger 12-04-2013 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 10248752)
She probably gave Snyder a world class BJ

I know right?! When Gina Carano punches a 250+ pound man in the film, that impact will be felt as an "Ah shit! She laid that guy out!"

When Gal Gadot punches a 250+ pound man in the film, that impact will trigger an obvious "He faked that hit really well."

Realism in comic book movies, I know it's a scary thought.

I know nobody wants to hear it but if she doesn't gain the muscle and weight to pull the role off, you just went with the role model that looks like all the other skinny ass models out there today. Personally I would want my little girl looking up to a woman who's got size to her, not the twig that she just snapped.

Tribal Warfare 12-04-2013 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gravedigger (Post 10248781)
I know right?! When Gina Carano punches a 250+ pound man in the film, that impact will be felt as an "Ah shit! She laid that guy out!"

When Gal Gadot punches a 250+ pound man in the film, that impact will trigger an obvious "He faked that hit really well."

Realism in comic book movies, I know it's a scary thought.

I know nobody wants to hear it but if she doesn't gain the muscle and weight to pull the role off, you just went with the role model that looks like all the other skinny ass models out there today. Personally I would want my little girl looking up to a woman who's got size to her, not the twig that she just snapped.

You know what the real funny thing is? Cavill is dating Caruno

whoman69 12-04-2013 08:42 PM

She looks like she'd fit in more doing Olive Oyl.

whoman69 12-04-2013 08:43 PM

too fat/Omaha

Sure-Oz 12-04-2013 09:12 PM

When is the last time a female comic character on a movie was taken seriously or done justice? Carano would've been perfect. This movie looks more like Justice League and not Superman

Deberg_1990 12-04-2013 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz (Post 10248913)
This movie looks more like Justice League and not Superman

No doubt.....it's like Warner's JIMPd over the $ Avengers made and just decided to cut to the chase to get in on that action.

Sure-Oz 12-04-2013 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 10248921)
No doubt.....it's like Warner's JIMPd over the $ Avengers made and just decided to cut to the chase to get in on that action.

I feel like this could be a bust of a movie, honestly. Too many characters already, not much Clark Kent and cut right to Superman, Batman, Wonderwoman, maybe Flash whoever else.

I'll be surprised if this is done well.

Gravedigger 12-04-2013 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz (Post 10249011)
I feel like this could be a bust of a movie, honestly. Too many characters already, not much Clark Kent and cut right to Superman, Batman, Wonderwoman, maybe Flash whoever else.

I wouldn't be surprised to see this go along the lines of Man of Steel. Not alot of heart but great action.

KcMizzou 12-04-2013 10:35 PM

Quote:

When is the last time a female comic character on a movie was taken seriously or done justice? Carano would've been perfect. This movie looks more like Justice League and not Superman

Agreed.

Sure-Oz 12-04-2013 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gravedigger (Post 10249066)
I wouldn't be surprised to see this go along the lines of Man of Steel. Not alot of heart but great action.

Which will be even more disappointing. MOS trailer was epic.. movie well just like you said

Deberg_1990 12-04-2013 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz (Post 10249100)
Which will be even more disappointing. MOS trailer was epic.. movie well just like you said

Wow....here we go again. Personally, I loved MoS. In my top 5 of the year for sure.

Sure-Oz 12-04-2013 11:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 10249123)
Wow....here we go again. Personally, I loved MoS. In my top 5 of the year for sure.

I liked it...but maybe I had Batman Begins type of expectations

whoman69 12-05-2013 08:12 AM

Why is everyone surprised this is turning into Justice League? That's how it was originally presented anyway.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=260276

Anyong Bluth 12-05-2013 04:54 PM

Kevin Smith got an exclusive sneak peek from his buddy director of Afflack in the new suit- said it was totally different from any type before (and not 1 bat nipple in sight)

I have zero clue what that could mean, except I'm assuming it's not some sort of exo-shell, but it seriously can't be like some throwback to actually tights or a spandex getup? I don't know what other direction it could be, but it certainly can't be that especially when you're talking about him facing off against Superman, and he's going to need a healthy does of tech advantages and toys to level the playing field.

Anyong Bluth 12-05-2013 04:59 PM

Quote:

Are you telling me you weren't down with Electra?

If everyone is so worried about having some buff chick play WW - just cast Hillary Swank.

Me, I'll just go ahead and get past she isn't ripped and prefer to hot chick over one that is bit mildly looks like she has a touch of down syndrome.

keg in kc 12-05-2013 05:30 PM

The original rumor from months back when it was first leaked that they were casting was that she (the character) would only appear as Diana Prince, and not as Wonder Woman.

bowener 12-06-2013 03:17 PM

This movie is going to suck. Hard.

Tribal Warfare 12-07-2013 07:23 PM

<script src="http://www.springboardplatform.com/js/overlay"></script><iframe id="co007_844205" src="http://cms.springboardplatform.com/embed_iframe/122/video/844205/co007/collider.com/10/1/" width="640" height="360" frameborder="0" scrolling="no"></iframe>

Sure-Oz 12-08-2013 04:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 10256361)
<script src="http://www.springboardplatform.com/js/overlay"></script><iframe id="co007_844205" src="http://cms.springboardplatform.com/embed_iframe/122/video/844205/co007/collider.com/10/1/" width="640" height="360" frameborder="0" scrolling="no"></iframe>

This Collinder guy LOVED MOS...LOVED! Hilarious she had no idea about WW.

Anyong Bluth 12-08-2013 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz (Post 10257079)
This Collinder guy LOVED MOS...LOVED! Hilarious she had no idea about WW.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 10256361)

I was gonna say, seems like she's both a bit taken off guard and clueless, and then a bit uncomfortable and like get me away from this fanboi

Setsuna 12-09-2013 12:33 PM

Batman gets 3 standalone movies and Superman gets one. Brilliant idea. This series for this hero has failed already.

007 12-09-2013 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Setsuna (Post 10263408)
Batman gets 3 standalone movies and Superman gets one. Brilliant idea. This series for this hero has failed already.

yeah that bugs me as well. Really wanted to see a trilogy just for Supes.

keg in kc 12-09-2013 01:59 PM

I wouldn't look at it that way. They're using the 2nd movie to launch a wider film universe. Never had any intention of doing that with the Batman films. And there's no reason MoS 3 can't be a singular film again.

Setsuna 12-09-2013 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 10263599)
I wouldn't look at it that way. They're using the 2nd movie to launch a wider film universe. Never had any intention of doing that with the Batman films. And there's no reason MoS 3 can't be a singular film again.

You really think that's going to happen? I don't. I think you are just hanging on hope here. The writing is on the wall.

Setsuna 12-10-2013 12:07 AM

Also I understand Superman essentially is a beacon for all the other different characters to come to Earth or reveal themselves in the open and all that but that comes after he gets accepted by the world. He hasn't even been really accepted yet. He needs 3 movies to do that and they have failed to do so.

Psyko Tek 12-10-2013 12:13 AM

Quote:

think scarlet did a great black widow, have minor complaints on the cat
she needs to buff up
and she ain't carrying the movie
she is gonna fluff supes
the batflack worries me

Psyko Tek 12-10-2013 12:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Setsuna (Post 10263408)

that is only because superman sorta sucks
he can beat anybody because he is SUPERMAN
an alien, whose major problem is I AM SUPERMAN

nope this movie could put DC back into a hole for years

anybody here know who Paul Dini and Bruce Timm are?

they should be controlling the DC universe movies and comics,

Psyko Tek 12-10-2013 12:28 AM

SORRY DRuNK POSTING

superman is the least ****ing interesting character in the DC universe
his problems are?
he doesn't need to eat or sleep , so he has to fake being human?

his threats are?
2 lex luthor, batman

his goals are ?
do good things, maybe **** Lois , if she can handle kryptonian sperm
a BJ will blow her head off ( larry niven man of steel , woman of tissue paper)

nobody has any ****s to give about superman, Donner and reeves nailed it, he is the back up for the JLA,
he stand there looks pretty wile the bat solves it and WW looks pretty and creates sexual tension with somebody maybe supes but probably GA

Setsuna 12-10-2013 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Psyko Tek (Post 10265049)
SORRY DRuNK POSTING

superman is the least ****ing interesting character in the DC universe
his problems are?
he doesn't need to eat or sleep , so he has to fake being human?

his threats are?
2 lex luthor, batman

his goals are ?
do good things, maybe **** Lois , if she can handle kryptonian sperm
a BJ will blow her head off ( larry niven man of steel , woman of tissue paper)

nobody has any ****s to give about superman, Donner and reeves nailed it, he is the back up for the JLA,
he stand there looks pretty wile the bat solves it and WW looks pretty and creates sexual tension with somebody maybe supes but probably GA

LMAOLMAOLMAO Awesome. He has plenty of villains though. Darkside and Braniac for two. If they would just actually brainstorm with every piece of Superman literature known to man they could come up with something very well made. They are just lazy chumps who want to get to where Marvel is in half the time.

tk13 12-18-2013 08:43 PM

Lex Luthor?

http://variety.com/2013/film/news/wa...an-1200969925/

Quote:

After already reaping notice for his performance in “Her,” Joaquin Phoenix could be working with Warner Bros. again on the studio’s biggest property.

Sources tell Variety that the studio wants the Oscar-nominated actor for a role in the upcoming untitled Batman-Superman pic. However, it’s very early in the process and even if Warners offers Phoenix a role, it’s not clear he would accept as the actor has steered clear of big-budget pics in the past few years, leaning towards movies with a more prestige feel.

Phoenix is also weighing an offer on the Gus Van Sant pic “Sea of Trees” and is believed to still be considering that offer as well.

WB and the actor’s reps had no comment.

Though sources couldn’t confirm what the role is, it’s believed to be for the main antagonist, which is likely to be Lex Luthor. Names like Jason Momoa and Callan Mulvey have been linked to the film but even if those actors are cast, sources are saying that they wouldn’t play the main villain, and that Warners has always wanted someone who would be a slam dunk in the role.

Deberg_1990 12-18-2013 09:26 PM

Phoenix could pretty much do anything. Im down with that.

Gravedigger 12-18-2013 09:43 PM

I know that I'm probably in the minority on this one, but bring back Kevin Spacey as Lex Luthor. Honestly, he was the best part of Superman Returns. Kevin Spacey is a badass.

Tribal Warfare 12-18-2013 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gravedigger (Post 10292211)
I know that I'm probably in the minority on this one, but bring back Kevin Spacey as Lex Luthor. Honestly, he was the best part of Superman Returns. Kevin Spacey is a badass.

I'd have no problem with this<mytubeelement data="{&quot;bundle&quot;:{&quot;label_delimitor&quot;:&quot;:&quot;,&quot;percentage&quot;:&quot;%& quot;,&quot;smart_buffer&quot;:&quot;Smart Buffer&quot;,&quot;start_playing_when_buffered&quot;:&quot;Start playing when buffered&quot;,&quot;sound&quot;:&quot;Sound&quot;,&quot;desktop_notification&quot;:&quot;Desktop Notification&quot;,&quot;continuation_on_next_line&quot;:&quot;-&quot;,&quot;loop&quot;:&quot;Loop&quot;,&quot;only_notify&quot;:&quot;Only Notify&quot;,&quot;estimated_time&quot;:&quot;Estimated Time&quot;,&quot;global_preferences&quot;:&quot;Global Preferences&quot;,&quot;no_notification_supported_on_your_browser&quot;:&quot;No notification style supported on your browser version&quot;,&quot;video_buffered&quot;:&quot;Video Buffered&quot;,&quot;buffered&quot;:&quot;Buffered&quot;,&quot;hyphen&quot;:&quot;-&quot;,&quot;buffered_message&quot;:&quot;The video has been buffered as requested and is ready to play.&quot;,&quot;not_supported&quot;:&quot;Not Supported&quot;,&quot;on&quot;:&quot;On&quot;,&quot;off&quot;:&quot;Off&quot;,&quot;click_to_enable_ for_this_site&quot;:&quot;Click to enable for this site&quot;,&quot;desktop_notification_denied&quot;:&quot;You have denied permission for desktop notification for this site&quot;,&quot;notification_status_delimitor&quot;:&quot;;&quot;,&quot;error&quot;:&quot;Error&quo t;,&quot;adblock_interferance_message&quot;:&quot;Adblock (or similar extension) is known to interfere with SmartVideo. Please add this url to adblock whitelist.&quot;,&quot;calculating&quot;:&quot;Calculating&quot;,&quot;waiting&quot;:&quot;Waiting&q uot;,&quot;will_start_buffering_when_initialized&quot;:&quot;Will start buffering when initialized&quot;,&quot;will_start_playing_when_initialized&quot;:&quot;Will start playing when initialized&quot;,&quot;completed&quot;:&quot;Completed&quot;,&quot;buffering_stalled&quot;:&quot;Bu ffering is stalled. Will stop.&quot;,&quot;stopped&quot;:&quot;Stopped&quot;,&quot;hr&quot;:&quot;Hr&quot;,&quot;min&quot;:&q uot;Min&quot;,&quot;sec&quot;:&quot;Sec&quot;,&quot;any_moment&quot;:&quot;Any Moment&quot;,&quot;popup_donate_to&quot;:&quot;Donate to&quot;,&quot;extension_id&quot;:null},&quot;prefs&quot;:{&quot;desktopNotification&quot;:true,&quo t;soundNotification&quot;:true,&quot;logLevel&quot;:0,&quot;enable&quot;:true,&quot;loop&quot;:false ,&quot;hidePopup&quot;:false,&quot;autoPlay&quot;:false,&quot;autoBuffer&quot;:true,&quot;autoPlayOn Buffer&quot;:true,&quot;autoPlayOnBufferPercentage&quot;:42,&quot;autoPlayOnSmartBuffer&quot;:true,& quot;quality&quot;:&quot;hd1080&quot;,&quot;fshd&quot;:true,&quot;onlyNotification&quot;:false,&quot ;enableFullScreen&quot;:true,&quot;saveBandwidth&quot;:true,&quot;hideAnnotations&quot;:false,&quot; turnOffPagedBuffering&quot;:true}}" event="preferencesUpdated" id="myTubeRelayElementToPage"></mytubeelement><mytubeelement data="{&quot;loadBundle&quot;:true}" event="relayPrefs" id="myTubeRelayElementToTab"></mytubeelement>

ThaVirus 12-18-2013 09:50 PM

Wait, so who is Walt White playing?

ThaVirus 12-18-2013 09:51 PM

Bryan Cranston. Forgot his name for a sec..

I thought I saw or heard about him somewhere in this thread?

Sure-Oz 12-18-2013 10:05 PM

It was rumored awhile back that he may be Lex. Which was false

Deberg_1990 01-17-2014 08:22 PM

Got bumped to May 2016.

Summer 2015 was getting overcrowded.

http://www.hitfix.com/news/warner-br...n-film-to-2016

Bowser 01-17-2014 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 10376013)
Got bumped to May 2016.

Bumped for a Peter Pan movie. Brutal.

Deberg_1990 01-17-2014 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 10376066)

No, that's just what they chose to fill its slot.

Sure-Oz 01-17-2014 10:06 PM

There is also a rumor that Affleck has injured his ribs causing a shooting delay by 6 weeks

Deberg_1990 01-17-2014 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz (Post 10376130)
There is also a rumor that Affleck has injured his ribs causing a shooting delay by 6 weeks

Probably for the best. I don't think they want to compete with Avengers 2.

But now, Marvel will have to decide if they want to move out of the early May spot they have owned for years, or stand fast for an epic battle.

Sure-Oz 01-17-2014 10:21 PM

I agree with you...officially from WB the push back is to improve the story. Either way I really hope they get this movie right

Anyong Bluth 01-17-2014 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 10376013)
Got bumped to May 2016.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 10376066)

Translation: We got bupkis in terms of a quality script to get this actually filmed in time for post production and editing.

Anyong Bluth 01-17-2014 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 10376134)

But now, Marvel will have to decide if they want to move out of the early May spot they have owned for years, or stand fast for an epic battle.

I imagine they like the early slot and it probably gets a little more publicity for it just because it's sort of the start of summer blockbuster season. (Not that it'd get lost in the media either way )

beach tribe 01-18-2014 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz (Post 10249011)

The Avengers secret, which really is no secret at all, was the fact that all of the character building was done by the stand alone films.

This movie is going to be Bad.

Really Bad.

beach tribe 01-18-2014 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz (Post 10292271)
It was rumored awhile back that he may be Lex. Which was false

Wow. No shit?

I thought they hit a home run with that casting.

Sad.

Tribal Warfare 01-18-2014 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beach tribe (Post 10376857)
Wow. No shit?

I thought they hit a home run with that casting.

Sad.

http://screenrant.com/bryan-cranston...an-movie-2015/

Sure-Oz 01-18-2014 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 10377042)

This would be so cool...don't do this to me

Deberg_1990 01-18-2014 05:34 PM

I still think joaquin-Phoenix would be very interesting. He can do anything.

Tribal Warfare 01-18-2014 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 10377252)
I still think joaquin-Phoenix would be very interesting. He can do anything.

It would be awesome to see Cranston looking all "Walter White" again though

http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k2...ayBlackKid.gif

Ragged Robin 01-18-2014 09:15 PM

I like the idea of a weathered Batman for the reboot (who the hell wants to see all that backstory/origin tale again?) but the casting seems like it's been mandated by WB or something. Affleck.. really? Nothing grim or badass about him. Also the actress they casted for Wonder Woman is virtually the exact opposite of what you would think the character would be..

I also hope to god they finally give Batman a proper cowl+lenses instead of having him wear makeup.. as if Batman would wear eye shadow?

Sure-Oz 01-18-2014 09:28 PM

I could see affleck as a weathered Batman if he bulks up like in 'the town'. He has the grizzled look from the arkham games going

Psyko Tek 01-18-2014 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 10376134)

marvel will stand
with free comic book day only a nolan batman could get them to back out
and that aint gonna happen

Psyko Tek 01-18-2014 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz (Post 10376151)
I agree with you...officially from WB the push back is to improve the story. Either way I really hope they get this movie right

Oz, I am an Bat Fan supreme , but this cluster of heroes thing not believing it will be good

ps superman is a tool

Tribal Warfare 01-19-2014 12:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Psyko Tek (Post 10377627)
Oz, I am an Bat Fan supreme , but this cluster of heroes thing not believing it will be good

ps superman is a tool of AWESOME!

FYP

keg in kc 01-20-2014 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz (Post 10376151)

My pet theory is that it's going to allow them to shoot this and Justice League back-to-back, and JL will come out summer 2016.

Anyong Bluth 01-21-2014 02:44 AM

The new batsuit?

http://www.darkhorizons.com/assets/0...jpg?1390262051

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/01/21/a5ajagag.jpg

bowener 01-21-2014 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 10382638)
My pet theory is that it's going to allow them to shoot this and Justice League back-to-back, and JL will come out summer 2016.

Terrific. Two awful movies back to back.

bowener 01-21-2014 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anyong Bluth (Post 10384400)

Source?

Easy 6 01-21-2014 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ragged Robin (Post 10377602)
Affleck.. really? Nothing grim or badass about him.

He's really grown as an actor, you might be surprised how good he is in this... people said those same things about Ledger as the Joker, Cruise as Lestat etc.

Sure-Oz 01-21-2014 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scott free (Post 10385232)
He's really grown as an actor, you might be surprised how good he is in this... people said those same things about Ledger as the Joker, Cruise as Lestat etc.

Affleck is a much better actor now then he used to be. I was pissed when Ledger got the role, i say give him a chance.

Easy 6 01-21-2014 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz (Post 10385246)
Affleck is a much better actor now then he used to be. I was pissed when Ledger got the role, i say give him a chance.

Yep, The Town sold me on the idea that he isnt the same guy from Armageddon or Gigli anymore... he has legit gravitas these days.

The Franchise 01-21-2014 02:09 PM

The first Superman movie wasn't all that bad. They should have stuck with just him and introduced Lex in the 2nd movie. The 3rd movie is when you bring Batman in if you absolutely have too. It's too ****ing soon after Nolan's Batman. And it's watering down Superman.

ThaVirus 01-21-2014 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 10385258)
The first Superman movie wasn't all that bad. They should have stuck with just him and introduced Lex in the 2nd movie. The 3rd movie is when you bring Batman in if you absolutely have too. It's too ****ing soon after Nolan's Batman. And it's watering down Superman.

I can agree. Superman has some legitimately good villains out there. Brainiac, Luthor, Darkseid, Doomsday, etc.

Problem is though, once you introduce those guys, what use do we have for a Batman? (Realistically speaking)

Sure-Oz 01-21-2014 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 10385258)

I agree that they should've had a real all out Superman movie and are rushing into this. That said, no choice and i dont have high hopes but hope for a nice suprise.

Sure-Oz 01-21-2014 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scott free (Post 10385255)
Yep, The Town sold me on the idea that he isnt the same guy from Armageddon or Gigli anymore... he has legit gravitas these days.

Yep, and I liked him in Argo as well.

The Franchise 01-21-2014 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 10385282)
I can agree. Superman has some legitimately good villains out there. Brainiac, Luthor, Darkseid, Doomsday, etc.

Problem is though, once you introduce those guys, what use do we have for a Batman? (Realistically speaking)

Well I'll be the first to say that I never wanted Batman in the new Superman movies at all. To me....Nolan's Batman was the pinnacle. It was never going to get better than that. But if you had to bring him in.....then you give Superman a couple of movies and you spin it off into the Justice League.

Fire Me Boy! 01-21-2014 02:28 PM

The only person that's proved he can direct Ben Affleck is Ben Affleck. Until someone else does it, he is the guy from Gigli and Armageddon.

Easy 6 01-21-2014 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz (Post 10385289)
Yep, and I liked him in Argo as well.

I was trying to think of the other movie I loved him in, and thats the one... he can pull off Batman just fine IMO.

Deberg_1990 01-21-2014 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 10385330)
The only person that's proved he can direct Ben Affleck is Ben Affleck. Until someone else does it, he is the guy from Gigli and Armageddon.

heh, ok

The Franchise 01-21-2014 05:11 PM

Seriously though.....Hans Zimmer is a genius. The Man of Steel Soundtrack is tits.

Fire Me Boy! 01-21-2014 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 10385878)
heh, ok

Seriously... even since he did The Town and Argo, he did Runner Runner. The guy is not a solid bet, at all. And the only two things he's done that he was really ****ing good in, he directed.

Deberg_1990 01-21-2014 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 10385916)
Seriously... even since he did The Town and Argo, he did Runner Runner. The guy is not a solid bet, at all. And the only two things he's done that he was really ****ing good in, he directed.

So are you saying he cant act.....or he cant pick good projects outside of his directorial efforts?

Fire Me Boy! 01-21-2014 05:25 PM

I'm saying he's the only person so far that has been able to direct him into a good performance.