ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life Inflation Watch Thread - Holy Guacamole (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=262083)

BIG_DADDY 08-05-2012 04:45 PM

Inflation Watch Thread - Holy Guacamole

I guess some of that liquidity is hitting the system now. Just went grocery shopping and stopped at the Fish Market. After that I went to Target to pick up a foam roller. $3 avocado, really? $43 a pound for King Crab up $5lb. in just the last week. $30.76 a pound for Halibut. Target had a foam roller for $26.95 plus tax for a piece of friggen foam. Hello Amazon. Went to SF the other day and got two martini’s. The damage, $30 plus tax and tip and some other fee they hitting customers up for these days to pay for their employees health care, all for a couple splashes of vodka. The black market is really going to start flourishing. I already source and buy all of my food directly in Southern Oregon and bring it back down with me. It’s all cash only, even the butcher. I would like to have those kinds of contacts here but it is a lot harder. Southern Oregon is a unique place. So what’s it like where you live and where are you seeing inflation and how are you dealing with it? Unfortunately I think this is just the very beginning especially when it comes to quality food.

BigRedChief 08-05-2012 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BIG_DADDY (Post 8793252)
I guess some of that liquidity is hitting the system now. Just went grocery shopping and stopped at the Fish Market. After that I went to Target to pick up a foam roller. $3 avocado, really? $43 a pound for King Crab up $5lb. in just the last week. $30.76 a pound for Halibut. Target had a foam roller for $26.95 plus tax for a piece of friggen foam. Hello Amazon. Went to SF the other day and got two martini’s. The damage, $30 plus tax and tip and some other fee they hitting customers up for these days to pay for their employees health care, all for a couple splashes of vodka. The black market is really going to start flourishing. I already source and buy all of my food directly in Southern Oregon and bring it back down with me. It’s all cash only, even the butcher. I would like to have those kinds of contacts here but it is a lot harder. Southern Oregon is a unique place. So what’s it like where you live and where are you seeing inflation and how are you dealing with it? Unfortunately I think this is just the very beginning especially when it comes to quality food.

My rudementary understanding is that the cost of oil and now the drought is driving up food prices, not inflation.

BigMeatballDave 08-05-2012 04:51 PM

Eh, I don't like avocados...

notorious 08-05-2012 04:51 PM

CP has gone completely insane.

Bwana 08-05-2012 04:52 PM

Oh you can bet things are going to get much worse when the full effects of this drought are felt.

Setsuna 08-05-2012 04:54 PM

Will this affect the east coast?

Bwana 08-05-2012 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Setsuna (Post 8793281)
Will this affect the east coast?

:eek:

stevieray 08-05-2012 04:56 PM

beef?

....better enjoy it while you can still afford it.

Setsuna 08-05-2012 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bwana (Post 8793282)
:eek:

ROFL Will it? Serious question...

R8RFAN 08-05-2012 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevieray (Post 8793285)
beef?

....better enjoy it while you can still afford it.

oH i AM, I ate a fat ass Ribeye for breakfast today, then had to go eat a shitty Taco Salad with the wifes vegetarian family at lunch....

Bwana 08-05-2012 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Setsuna (Post 8793286)
ROFL Will it? Serious question...

Do you feel the east coast is in some kind of a secular universe, immune from price increases?

BIG_DADDY 08-05-2012 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bwana (Post 8793277)
Oh you can bet things are going to get much worse when the full effects of this drought are felt.

I am sure but fish has been going way up and that doesn't have anything to do with the drought. The martini's and foam roller either. I know the cost of doing business out here is expensive but that is just ridiculous.

Nightfyre 08-05-2012 05:01 PM

It will especially affect the east coast. You all have that much more shipping to pay. Shipping takes gas, gas takes oil, oil prices are going nuts. You do the math.

R8RFAN 08-05-2012 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BIG_DADDY (Post 8793296)
I am sure but fish has been going way up and that doesn't have anything to do with the drought. The martini's and foam roller either. I know the cost of doing business out here is expensive but that is just ridiculous.

Fuel prices....

BigRedChief 08-05-2012 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R8ers (Post 8793292)
oH i AM, I ate a fat ass Ribeye for breakfast today, then had to go eat a shitty Taco Salad with the wifes vegetarian family at lunch....

hey, sacrifices have to be made to maintain marital harmony.