ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs We spent so much time discussing the QBs... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=309312)

milkman 08-13-2017 08:16 AM

We spent so much time discussing the QBs...

...we didn't really discuss the some other takeaways from Friday's game.

Did anyone else notice that Allen Baily was giving the 9er O-Line fits trying to block him, and that Ramik played with more physicality that he has at any time previously?

threebag 08-13-2017 08:19 AM

It did seem the DL had some penetration.
We are going to need something from the running game.

The best part of the game was seeing 56 on the field.

So glad football is back Go Chiefs

mdchiefsfan 08-13-2017 08:20 AM

DL certainly seems to be a strength this year, and that was with Jones sidelined.

unlurking 08-13-2017 08:23 AM

Agreed with Bailey. Was quite pleased. I thought Ramik flashed last year, was good to see him get a little more consistent. I was glad to see Conley come alive too.

milkman 08-13-2017 08:23 AM

I didn't see anything from Cam Thomas that suggests he has any business on an NFL team's 53 man roster.

Buehler445 08-13-2017 08:28 AM

How did we look at nose? There are a lot of snaps we need to replace at NT.

milkman 08-13-2017 08:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 13009246)
How did we look at nose? There are a lot of snaps we need to replace at NT.

Hopefully we'll get a chance to see Logan and Miller soon, cause I wasn't impressed with the scrubs they trotted out there Friday night.

DaneMcCloud 08-13-2017 08:36 AM

Yes, I mentioned both in the game thread.

Ramik Wilson was a different player last year after being cut in preseason. He improved greatly once he was re-signed to the 53 and this year looked to be on another level entirely. He was much quicker due to play recognition and he appeared to be stronger.

Bailey looked like a Grown Ass Man. He was always solid in the past but he looked like he had something to prove, which he does, considering the Chiefs spent a 2nd on Jones and a 2nd on Kpassognon.

When this defense is completely healthy with the return of Berry, Logan and Jones, they'll be the scariest the Chiefs have fielded in decades.

milkman 08-13-2017 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 13009255)
Yes, I mentioned both in the game thread.

Ramik Wilson was a different player last year after being cut in preseason. He improved greatly once he was re-signed to the 53 and this year looked to be on another level entirely. He was much quicker due to play recognition and he appeared to be stronger.

Bailey looked like a Grown Ass Man. He was always solid in the past but he looked like he had something to prove, which he does, considering the Chiefs spent a 2nd on Jones and a 2nd on Kpassognon.

When this defense is completely healthy with the return of Berry, Logan and Jones, they'll be the scariest the Chiefs have fielded in decades.

On another note, did you see enough from Bausby to think he warrants further work on the practice squad?

OnTheWarpath15 08-13-2017 08:44 AM

What stood out to me:

- Lack of KHunt at RB.

- The absolute shitshow we have at backup OL positions. If a starter goes down for more than a week or two, we be ****ed.

- We all know who the 3 QB's are going to be, and who the starter is going to be - so why not get 15 as many snaps as possible? This is the time to get him some game experience, since he's going to be holding a clipboard on Sundays for the next year.

milkman 08-13-2017 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 13009265)
What stood out to me:

- Lack of KHunt at RB.

- The absolute shitshow we have at backup OL positions. If a starter goes down for more than a week or two, we be ****ed.

- We all know who the 3 QB's are going to be, and who the starter is going to be - so why not get 15 as many snaps as possible? This is the time to get him some game experience, since he's going to be holding a clipboard on Sundays for the next year.

News from camp today is that he's working with the 2s, so I think we'll see much more from him moving forward.

SAUTO 08-13-2017 08:49 AM

I was happy to see a more aggressive Wilson, but the ****er still didn't wrap up.

Rasputin 08-13-2017 08:50 AM

Although I think Eric Murray will have a better showing next time or do good for us, he whiffed and stared at a ball he could have made effort to intercept so really Eric Murray was my biggest disappoint during the game. If he continues to suck then he can suck elsewhere. For now I still have higher expectations that he can prove himself worth being on the 53 but I lost trust in him if he would be a starter.

OnTheWarpath15 08-13-2017 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 13009273)
News from camp today is that he's working with the 2s, so I think we'll see much more from him moving forward.

Hunt, Mahomes, or both?

RunKC 08-13-2017 08:54 AM

Yeah. I think a few others stood out:

-OL looked really good, including Witzmann.
-KPass looks like a quality rusher at multiple positions. Jack of all spades kinda guy.
-Chesson looks like he could be a quality kick returner.

Also thought Okine looked good out there. I want to see him in Dadi Nicolas' spot while he's on PUP.