ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Mellinger: Enough’s enough: Clark Hunt must make major changes now (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=264469)

Dayze 09-30-2012 07:57 PM

Battle drank bleach as a child

DaWolf 09-30-2012 08:02 PM

I can't believe this team has lost six of their last seven at home...

BigRedChief 09-30-2012 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 8965224)
I don't put the blame on Clark.

He spent the money to bring in the guy that seemed like the best candidate and paid top dollar to do so. He has also spent a ****ton of cash on players Pioli chose.

Correct. Pioli was the best GM candidate at the time. All of the NFL wanted him.

But now 4 years later, his decision to keep him would be his fault and held accountable.

BossChief 09-30-2012 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 8965267)
To be fair, every Chiefs QB besides Montana and Dawson have been booed in this town outside of Arrowhead stadium.

Which ones didn't deserve it?

DaFace 09-30-2012 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 8965251)
“Next week, he will come out and be great and he will silence the critics,” Weddle said. “That’s the way it is with quarterbacks.”

Forgive me if I don't hold my breath on that one.

FAX 09-30-2012 08:05 PM

Sounds like Mr. Bill Williamson is another writer who doesn't actually watch the games.

FAX

DaneMcCloud 09-30-2012 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 8965292)
Correct. Pioli was the best GM candidate at the time. All of the NFL wanted him.

But now 4 years later, his decision to keep him would be his fault and held accountable.

No, he wasn't. He was Peter Princilped into the position. I find cHunt completely guilty of not performing his proper due diligence.

BossChief 09-30-2012 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 8965292)

Absolutely.

The move NEEDS to be made this offseason, too. Clark needs to be decisive.

This should be a desirable spot for any prospective GM.

All he would need to do is draft a good quarterback and hire a good HC and then hit a few doubles in the draft...beyond that he would just need to do his best to keep the talent in house.

DaFace 09-30-2012 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tredadda (Post 8965268)
I disagree with the bolded part. What is the point in paying Pioli if he will dictate to him what QB starts? You can't be ok with whom Pioli picks as HC and then question his choice at QB. This needs to be the season where Clark started it by saying "You pinned your hopes on Cassel Scott. If he fails you will be fired." Now did any of that happen? Doubt it, but I respect Clark not micro managing those who work for him. Now I think he needs to fire Pioli after this season after 4 years of mediocrity.

Good managers step in when their subordinates are clearly struggling. That's not micro-managing. From what we've seen, Clark's idea of managing is paying and running away.

Dayze 09-30-2012 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FAX (Post 8965309)
Sounds like Mr. Bill Williamson is another writer who doesn't actually watch the games.

FAX

Reported.

BossChief 09-30-2012 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 8965311)
No, he wasn't. He was Peter Princilped into the position. I find cHunt completely guilty of not performing his proper due diligence.

What GM did he miss on that actually moved on and succeeded somewhere else?

Let's not act as if Hunt hired a guy that everyone knew was gonna fail because that wouldn't be the truth.

Munson 09-30-2012 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 8965148)
Not to poop in everyone's chef boyar dee, but don't we play the Ravens next week?

It seems unfair to partake in such a contest when the anus isn't completely healed

There's going to be plenty of rectal trauma for sure.

BigMeatballDave 09-30-2012 08:11 PM

Eric Weddle is an idiot.

Bewbies 09-30-2012 08:12 PM

When Clark Hunt picks up the Dallas Morning News tomorrow am and reads the recap of today's game...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/kowv6l2CBD0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Titty Meat 09-30-2012 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 8965311)

Didn't Seattle offer Pioli the job without even meeting with him?