ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs The Honey Badger, The Pass Rush, and The Rush D (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=328288)

Chris Meck 01-19-2020 09:09 PM

Honey Badger is my second favorite Chief.

I LOVE HONEY BADGER.

dlphg9 01-19-2020 09:17 PM

I wonder if the scheme Spags runs is the reason Honey Badger has been so elite. Spags lets him go out and play the way he wants to and do what he is best at. The way he plays is just so insane and I can't remember the last time I've seen a player run around the field like he does and just continually makes plays. Hell EB was my favorite player for several years, but TM had a better and bigger impact than EB ever did.

Honey Badger was hands down the best safety in the league this year and may have been the best defensive player in football. If he can continue to play at this level, then he will go down as one of the best FA signings in league history. He was special this year.

petegz28 01-19-2020 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CasselGotPeedOn (Post 14738342)
He never did suck. Only complete reeruns thought he did.

I took a lot of shit defending Clark in that thread.

petegz28 01-19-2020 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dlphg9 (Post 14738378)
I wonder if the scheme Spags runs is the reason Honey Badger has been so elite. Spags lets him go out and play the way he wants to and do what he is best at. The way he plays is just so insane and I can't remember the last time I've seen a player run around the field like he does and just continually makes plays. Hell EB was my favorite player for several years, but TM had a better and bigger impact than EB ever did.

Honey Badger was hands down the best safety in the league this year and may have been the best defensive player in football. If he can continue to play at this level, then he will go down as one of the best FA signings in league history. He was special this year.

TM is starting to remind me of Troy Polamalu a bit in the way he is everywhere.

dlphg9 01-19-2020 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CasselGotPeedOn (Post 14738342)
He never did suck. Only complete reeruns thought he did.

Man you are one petty little reerun. The Chiefs are going to the SB and you decided to track me down to say that? Im not even gonna argue with you because you never actually back up anything you say and you probably should get to bed, since you have school tomorrow and your mom tells me you're hard to wake up in the morning if you don't get your 10 hours of sleep.

BWillie 01-19-2020 09:29 PM

Just wait until next year. We'll have Thornhill back who is another CB as safety basically. We move in and out run stuffing personal for passing personnel based on the situation very seamlessly.

Pitt Gorilla 01-19-2020 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dlphg9 (Post 14738335)
No one wanted to hear it :rolleyes:? I think pretty much everyone was hoping like hell that he was hurt and didn't just suck.

Some people were stupid enough to suggest that he sucked. The fact that Chief Fan often has trouble seeing the big picture comes as no surprise to anyone.

Walt White 01-19-2020 10:09 PM

Badger was everywhere today. The only thing really killing us was the penalties. If we can clean that up, I feel confident in our defense.

I feel like we have the cornerstone pieces and building blocks to grow an elite defense over the next few years.

Megatron96 01-19-2020 10:41 PM

Our defense is elite. There I said it. I can't believe that I'm saying it, but there it is.

Are they perfect? No, but tyhey are playing at the very highest level right now.

Holy ****ing shit, they held Derrick Henry to under 70 yards today, and did it very convincing fashion. In the second half, our defense stoned that guy. ****ing stoned him. 3 yards. 4 yards. ZERO yards. Incredible.

On every level our defense played really well. And Sorenson. Holy shit, we need to re-sign that SOB. How many huge plays did that SOB make? Pay that ****ing man, JFC.

The whole defense balled right the **** out, people. I can't list all the guys that made big plays. Google the ****ing depth chart; all those guys rocked it today. What a great game.

petegz28 01-19-2020 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Megatron96 (Post 14738868)
Our defense is elite. There I said it. I can't believe that I'm saying it, but there it is.

Are they perfect? No, but tyhey are playing at the very highest level right now.

Holy ****ing shit, they held Derrick Henry to under 70 yards today, and did it very convincing fashion. In the second half, our defense stoned that guy. ****ing stoned him. 3 yards. 4 yards. ZERO yards. Incredible.

On every level our defense played really well. And Sorenson. Holy shit, we need to re-sign that SOB. How many huge plays did that SOB make? Pay that ****ing man, JFC.

The whole defense balled right the **** out, people. I can't list all the guys that made big plays. Google the ****ing depth chart; all those guys rocked it today. What a great game.

Marty would be very proud of our defensive performance today. Just needed to ice it with an INT or two.

Mikulik 01-19-2020 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petegz28 (Post 14737257)
Dude, this D balled out today. I know early it looked a bit timid and soft but whatever plans or adjustments Spags made worked. They took away Henry and made Tannehill beat us. And while he had a few good drives, he wasn't able to do so.

Wrong dude Mahomes bailed out the defense today

petegz28 01-19-2020 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mikulik (Post 14738903)
Wrong dude Mahomes bailed out the defense today

You're ****ing crazy! They shut down Henry. The 3 and out after we made it 17 -14 was huge. Then the way they held them the entire 2nd half.

This defense played their ass off today.

JohnnyHammersticks 01-19-2020 11:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Basileus777 (Post 14737251)
Veach ****ing did it. Most of his moves this offseason worked out. Clark, Mathieu, Thornhill, Pennel, and you can keep going.

Getting Spags has been so huge. With Sutton we were embarrassingly out-coached in the AFC championship. Now we actually have a defensive coaching staff that wins us games.

Add Ogbah, Fenton, and Okafor to that list. Ogbah and Okafor were making an impact before they got hurt. Almost every off-season move Veach made ended up paying off - especially on defense.

Pitt Gorilla 01-19-2020 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnnyHammersticks (Post 14739008)
Add Ogbah, Fenton, and Okafor to that list. Ogbah and Okafor were making an impact before they got hurt. Almost every off-season move Veach made ended up paying off - especially on defense.

Veach was a cheat code this year in the draft/free-agency.

htismaqe 01-19-2020 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnnyHammersticks (Post 14739008)

You guys are talking defense but don’t forget that Hardman scored 6 TDS, was 2nd in the league in YPC, and made the pro bowl as a returner.

Veach did everything right pretty much.