ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games Resident Evil 2 (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=320860)

Mephistopheles Janx 01-24-2019 01:03 AM

Resident Evil 2

I played the first resident evil game as a teen but it creeped me out and I never finished it. RE2 is being released tomorrow for $60 and I have a steam code for it but am torn as to whether I should redeem it or I should sell/trade it.

Do any of you recall playing RE2 (the original) and do you feel it would be worth the playthrough despite horror not being my preferred genre or should I find someone to buy it from me?

Bump 01-24-2019 01:07 AM

I remember playing it a long time ago, zero interest in playing it again. Not because it wasn't good, but remakes don't interest me in the slightest.

Mephistopheles Janx 01-24-2019 01:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bump (Post 14068634)
I remember playing it a long time ago, zero interest in playing it again. Not because it wasn't good, but remakes don't interest me in the slightest.

I feel the same way. I bought FF7 when it came back out for the PC and just couldn't motivate myself to play it.

Sure-Oz 01-24-2019 02:34 AM

Loved RE1, 2 and 3...this remake is getting ridiculously positive reviews though. RE 2 was easily my favorite. It's up to you but I purchased cause im a fan, but I'm sure many want to buy it.

Sure-Oz 01-24-2019 02:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bump (Post 14068634)

What other remakes have there been? Typically I hear the word re-mastered such as the Iast of us but not a remake from the ground up...I've heard this game had added dialogue and other things that weren't exact in the original.

Gravedigger 01-24-2019 11:52 AM

Might just take a PTO day tomorrow so I can stay up all night playing this. Multiple playthroughs, 2 on each character, plus Hunk and Tofu. Kingdom Hearts 3 will wait!

Sure-Oz 01-24-2019 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gravedigger (Post 14069231)
Might just take a PTO day tomorrow so I can stay up all night playing this. Multiple playthroughs, 2 on each character, plus Hunk and Tofu. Kingdom Hearts 3 will wait!

Which version did you get? I ordered the Deluxe one

Clyde Frog 01-24-2019 01:40 PM

I Loved 1 because of the feeling of being lost in a creepy house in the middle of nowhere. The bad camera angles, terrible movement, playing "Moonlight Sonata" on the piano. You felt so weak and underpowered.

2 was also really good just a different feeling of creepiness. It was more like you're caught in this web that keeps expanding so far beyond the initial scope you initially perceived. My favorite thing about 2 was when you unlocked the machine gun after the first play-through and went to town in the facility at the end. Also, Ava Wong...SJW's would have a field day with her outfit if that were initially released today.

I don't know if I'd play them again but Ill probably watch on twitch on my phone when I'm at work.

ThaVirus 01-24-2019 05:41 PM

I could never play the older REs. I was young and they were too scary.

I could play them from RE:4 and on once they shifted from survival horror to action adventure.

Gravedigger 01-24-2019 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz (Post 14069556)
Which version did you get? I ordered the Deluxe one

Me too, I'm interested to seeing how beefy the Samurai Edge is from the pre order bonuses. I hope it doesn't make the game too easy.

Sure-Oz 01-25-2019 04:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gravedigger (Post 14070726)
Me too, I'm interested to seeing how beefy the Samurai Edge is from the pre order bonuses. I hope it doesn't make the game too easy.

Agree ... hopefully not. Very excited to play this. The graphics and detail look spectacular.

lcarus 01-25-2019 10:25 AM

I got the deluxe edition. I am in the camp that really wanted it to be classic style, fixed cameras Resident Evil. Basically I just wanted them to do what they did with RE1 because I enjoyed the hell out of that. But so far I'm enjoying this. Seems like a pretty faithful adaptation of the original RE2 made into a 3rd person shooter.

Sure-Oz 01-25-2019 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 14071763)
I got the deluxe edition. I am in the camp that really wanted it to be classic style, fixed cameras Resident Evil. Basically I just wanted them to do what they did with RE1 because I enjoyed the hell out of that. But so far I'm enjoying this. Seems like a pretty faithful adaptation of the original RE2 made into a 3rd person shooter.

Glad to hear. Won't be able to play of till the 2bd since I'm out of town

Gravedigger 01-25-2019 12:14 PM

I played it for three hours last night after it launched on Steam. Pretty awesome. The lickers and dogs are pains in the ass though, if they get behind you for whatever reason they're such assholes to track down again. Just had the Tyrant make his brief entrance so I'm sure I'll have to deal with that asshat when I head back to the Police Station.

BleedingRed 01-25-2019 05:49 PM

Played the demo, it’s amazing! Honestly hoping for RE3 and RE out break

BleedingRed 01-25-2019 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 14071763)

There is a rumor from guys who data mined game that fixed camera angles are a unlockable

Jerm 01-25-2019 06:36 PM

Game is absolutely amazing....been playing all day, feel like I'm fairly close to the end...I totally forgot the story after the PD so I don't know exactly how deep I am...I left off at:

Spoiler!

Gravedigger 01-25-2019 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jerm (Post 14073191)
Game is absolutely amazing....been playing all day, feel like I'm fairly close to the end...I totally forgot the story after the PD so I don't know exactly how deep I am...I left off at:

Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Mephistopheles Janx 01-26-2019 02:40 PM

Settled then... guess I gotta play it. lol

Gravedigger 01-26-2019 07:30 PM

I beat it on Leon, now working on second run Claire. It’s been fun because of the switched up item locations, enemy locations, and it’s such a great remake from the ground up.

DJJasonp 01-27-2019 09:55 AM

got it last night.....great remake. It's been so long too, it's kind of tough to call it a remake.....more reboot than anything.

Super-polished.....using the RE7 engine, graphics are great.....having a great time....

BleedingRed 01-27-2019 04:37 PM

It’s amazing, I love it and I’m praying for RE3 and RE Outbreak made the same way

Gravedigger 01-28-2019 11:05 AM

So last night I'm doing Leon 2nd Run, and basically 2nd run introduces you to the game after certain doors and objectives have already been completed, as if Claire had already been through the first parts of the Police Station. Anyways, once you've entered the Police Station if you go to your first opening to the left, then through the next door behind the partition, you'll have two lickers in that hallways and a few zombies. The first time I went through this hallway I ran past everything, well the second time I had the Tyrant chasing me and so I got bogged down and ****ed up! Once you get the Shotgun from the weapons closet, try to visit this place as Leon again and clear the lickers with grenades and some heavier fire. Lickers won't go through doors so you can cheese them a little bit. This hallways isn't necessary after you pass it for the first time with Claire as the only reason to go down this way again is for the Club Key door, which Claire never gets the Club Key as Leon never gets the Heart Key.

ModSocks 01-28-2019 12:03 PM

Played it when i was little, the 1st and 2nd. I'm just not sure if i have the patience for the puzzles and finding keys and what not. I lose interest in games when i'm wondering around for 30 minutes trying to unlock a ****ing door.

Jerm 01-28-2019 01:45 PM

This game is the bar for remakes now....early strong GOTY contender.

ModSocks 01-28-2019 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jerm (Post 14077634)
This game is the bar for remakes now....early strong GOTY contender.

Is it different enough from the original that it's its own game?

Gravedigger 01-28-2019 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 14077746)

The characters are the same; Leon, Claire, Ada, Sherry, Chiefs Irons, Mr. X, William and Annette Birkin, etc. but the dialogue was all new. The character models are all new. The whole layout of the game was reworked with only a few rooms being spot on layout wise. The weapons are mostly the same; except for a ridiculous amount of pistols for Claire for some reason. The boss encounters were reworked to cover greater distances. The story overall is largely the same, but it is oriented as an action game similar to Resident Evil 4's combat worked. Wait for a steam sale this summer for it if you don't want to pay the $60, or get a friend with steam family share and play it to try it out.

lcarus 01-28-2019 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 14077746)

If you love the original RE2 like I do, get this. Yes it's plenty different enough. Everything is very familiar but not the same at all.

ThaVirus 01-28-2019 05:09 PM

Do you still have to find those bullshit ribbons just to save the game? I swear there were only like two of those in the whole ****ing game.

BleedingRed 01-28-2019 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 14077477)
Played it when i was little, the 1st and 2nd. I'm just not sure if i have the patience for the puzzles and finding keys and what not. I lose interest in games when i'm wondering around for 30 minutes trying to unlock a ****ing door.

When you find a puzzle item it stays on map now, which helps a **** ton

Gravedigger 01-28-2019 11:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 14078112)
Do you still have to find those bullshit ribbons just to save the game? I swear there were only like two of those in the whole ****ing game.

Only on hardcore mode, all other modes are unlimited saves.

Simply Red 01-29-2019 12:26 AM

I'll buy Vampyr to get me by until Dying Light 2 is released - I'll also procure Hitman 2 soon. No interest in RE - I tried them and didn't care for them, personally.

lcarus 02-01-2019 10:26 AM

I love seeing Mr. X but damn it gets kind of annoying constantly running from him.

BleedingRed 02-04-2019 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 14084797)
I love seeing Mr. X but damn it gets kind of annoying constantly running from him.

Hahaha wait till RE:3

Gravedigger 02-04-2019 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BleedingRed (Post 14089848)
Hahaha wait till RE:3

I'm kind of thinking how they're going to do that, Mr. X can two to three shot you in the current iteration of the game, but Nemesis is faster than Mr. X, but he's not weaker than Mr. X.... it'll be interesting but yeah Nemesis is going to follow you through everything, enemies, doors, walls, from room to room all day long. I'm pretty stoked to see that iteration of Nemesis.

DJJasonp 02-04-2019 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 14084797)

Is that the silver looking guy in the hat/trenchcoat?

If so, I'm just at that point where he's bustin' my chops.

I assume you cant kill him??? (no spoilers please - just want to know if I need to keep running my ass off or not! :) )

Mecca 02-04-2019 02:23 PM

I'd pick this up..not for 60 bucks though...

Also shoot the guys fedora off, it's funny.

Gravedigger 02-04-2019 11:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJJasonp (Post 14090446)
Is that the silver looking guy in the hat/trenchcoat?

If so, I'm just at that point where he's bustin' my chops.

I assume you cant kill him??? (no spoilers please - just want to know if I need to keep running my ass off or not! :) )

No, you can’t. You can slow him down to where he drops to a knee for like 20 seconds but the amount of ammo that takes isn’t worth it. Just run.

LanTera 02-07-2019 06:01 AM

Mr X was creeping me out. It was really tense to run away from him. And zombies got really unkilled. Well you can kill them but there are too many of them. I just loved this remake. RE2 was good, but remake even better. I can't wait to see RE 3 remake. If Mr X was so creepy, how Nemesis will be?

lcarus 02-18-2019 12:08 PM

I love the game but honestly it couldve added more area and some older enemies like moths, crows, or spiders. Maybe a different boss here or there as well