ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Archives (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Broncos-Chiefs predictions #2 (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=9405)

Desert Chief 09-22-2000 10:55 AM

Yeah, and the Chiefs lost at home to a team the Raiders beat, and lost to an overrated Tennessee team. You did beat the amazing Chargers, though.

And you're gonna tell me I have nothing to go on? Okay, whatever.

Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan 09-22-2000 10:57 AM

But hey Mizzou...those Silver Bullets were a pretty d@mned good team.

Luzap 09-22-2000 10:59 AM

Drew:

No one here is claiming the Chiefs to be the elite of the NFL like you are with the Broncos. You act shocked that we would consider the Donks anything less that spectacular.

mmaddog

------------------
"When you're not the lead dog in the pack, the view is always the same"

DoubleWannaB 09-22-2000 10:59 AM

Sorry Drew, you are just a bit too smug for me to sit back and listen to this anymore. I have just had enough of you coming in here and telling US how it is or is not going to be. You know as well as I do I am going to come in here on Mon morning and let you have it if we win, and I am sure you will do the same. The only difference is, I don't think we'll see you until the next game if that is the case. If I am wrong, than you are a bigger man than me. I don't have the cohones to go to a rival teams board, talk smack for a week, and when my team loses, stick around for the thrashing that I deserve. But once again, I am just going to emphasise my original point, you have no CLUE what the outcome of this game is going to be because both teams are still unproven... PERIOD!!!

Desert Chief 09-22-2000 11:00 AM

I almost forgot. The Avs kick booty and will win the Cup this year. Unfortunately, the Nuggets do suck and the Rockies ARE playing like girls now.

The Rockies will be pretty good next year, though.

AustinChief 09-22-2000 11:03 AM

Even with Jarious Jackson, Broncos are twice the team the chiefs are.

Why?

We have played great football this year.

No excuses. We don't blame our coaching staff, we don't blame injuries, and we don't blame bad luck, we don't blame our schedule or another teams schedule, we don't say that the teams we play cheat, and we don't blame the past. We don't let last years pro-bowls affect this years predictions, we don't believe that a bad year last year means a bad year this year, for players or teams, we also don't believe a bad year last year means we will have a good year this year, and we don't pick our team to LOSE games (even if we think they might).

We have played, in general, great football in every game THIS season, including the pre-season.

I have also watched to chiefs play, and so have all of you.

That is why the Broncos are twice the team the chiefs are THIS season.

Why don't I have any respect for chief fans?
Easy, the excuses paragraph above, more or less, sums up this BB.

xoxo~
BroncoFan
God must not want chiefs to win.<BR>

DoubleWannaB 09-22-2000 11:09 AM

Drew, I am sorry, I think I was confusing you with BroncoBoy over here. My sincerest apologies.

xoxo~
bishop74
God wishes BroncoFan would stop smoking so much strawberry flavored crack... what is he thinkin'!!!

<BR>

DoktorSmith 09-22-2000 11:10 AM

Okay, I can see that a discussion of the relative strengths and weaknesses of the Chiefs/Broncos is not going to happen.

Have fun arfing, y’all.

xoxo~
gaz
struggling to live without the respect of Broncos Homers.<BR>

Dave Lane 09-22-2000 11:12 AM

The Broncos have impressed me in all of the games that they have played in, especially on the offensive side of the ball. The Chiefs have played good overall and have looked good on overall defense. With Griese, I think the Broncos would win this weekend. But with Frerotte, that drops them down a notch. I think it will be a close game and a lower scoring game which benefits the Chiefs.

Gaz 09-22-2000 11:15 AM

Even with Jarious Jackson, Broncos are twice the team the chiefs are.
Oh my God, this is the funniest thing I have ever read on a BB....it brings back memories of what Vance (?) said last year about how the Broncos would be better without Elway

We have played great OFFENSIVEfootball this year.

No excuses c'mon. We don't blame our coaching staff why would you?, we don't blame injuries I just CANNOT believe I read that, LMAO!!!, and we don't blame bad luck huh?, we don't blame our schedule or another teams schedule why would you with one of the easiest schedules in the league!!!???, we don't say that the teams we play cheat Short memory? Remember the 4th quarter in Arrowhead, 1998???, and we don't blame the past yeah, but you sure depend on it enough when it benefits you for stats etc.. We don't let last years pro-bowls affect this years predictions, we don't believe that a bad year last year means a bad year this year for players or teams and we do?, we also don't believe a bad year last year means we will have a good year this year you make precisely this point by USING injuries as an excuse for last season! and we don't pick our team to LOSE games (even if we think they might) admission of blind homerism perhaps???.

Try again Bronco Fan....... http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/tongue.gif

[This message has been edited by Cormac (edited 09-22-2000).]

Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan 09-22-2000 11:18 AM

A Kansas City equivalent to BroncoFan:

Blah blah blah yada yada fart blah blah. Yada yada yada yada fart fart, blah blah. Poot squeak yada blah, simbada blah de freakin dada poopoo. Smack fart belch whistle, yada yada yada yada yada.

Bob Dole would disagree that Denver has played "great football" in the three games this season. Griese has played solid, error free ball and Anderson has had a couple of truly impressive games. The defense is suspect, though, tied with San Diego for the most points allowed in the entire AFC...

the head 09-22-2000 11:28 AM

Bottom line for me is the O-line,,,, I think we miss Szott more than seems popular. Better balance in the run/pass helped but it took until 2Q when the O-line started opening some holes for the first time this year. Then Richardson and eventually Morreau (what do they see in (the)Cloud(s)) ? had the respect to keep the LB's honest... keep the balance move some beef up front the Chiefs won't consistently win w/o that. That said, the D-line looked way better than expected

Chiefs 31 Donks 20

Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan 09-22-2000 11:45 AM

Kevin Harlan is calling the game for CBS. Bob Dole considers that a good omen.

"OH BABY what a play!"

Desert Chief 09-22-2000 11:52 AM

I've said it before, but Denver's D stats are a little misleading.

Although they were pretty bad against St. Louis, they dominated Atlanta. They also really only gave up 10 points to the Raiders. The other fourteen came on a blocked punt and 13 yard drive. Seven of Atlanta's points came on a kick return. Although it is fashionable to question the Broncos D, they've played a lot better than the credit they get. <P>

TEX 09-22-2000 12:12 PM

Donky,

Per your last post, now you admit that your special teams are going to stink up the field as well?..what a hoot....

I like to hear that, the chiefs are well know for scoring defensively and special teams....I'm always game for some extra points.

Jarious jackson...HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHa