ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Mock 2/7 (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=313806)

The Franchise 02-08-2018 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 13408454)
I’m not necessarily opposed to taking a safer high but I’d like to see what happens with berry coming back first.

Him being healthy allows the others to slide into better roles for themselves and now a year of experience for Murray would allow him to potentially overtake Sorensen.

They aren’t great safeties but when asked to do what Berry does they looked bad. Having him back would be a big factor.

I’m looking at the front 7 early and often in this draft.

How much can you count on Berry though? At some point he's going to get the "injury prone" label. He was having issues with his Achilles before Week 1 and then he tore the completely opposite one. Dude is a great athlete and takes care of his body but at some point all of that shit starts to add up.

O.city 02-08-2018 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 13408461)
How much can you count on Berry though? At some point he's going to get the "injury prone" label. He was having issues with his Achilles before Week 1 and then he tore the completely opposite one. Dude is a great athlete and takes care of his body but at some point all of that shit starts to add up.

True but the only real injury from playing football was the Achilles

The knee maybe but that’s just a freak play.

DaneMcCloud 02-08-2018 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 13408454)
I’m not necessarily opposed to taking a safer high but I’d like to see what happens with berry coming back first.

Him being healthy allows the others to slide into better roles for themselves and now a year of experience for Murray would allow him to potentially overtake Sorensen.

They aren’t great safeties but when asked to do what Berry does they looked bad. Having him back would be a big factor.

I’m looking at the front 7 early and often in this draft.

I've seen absolutely nothing from Eric Murray that says "NFL player".

I'd be down with a safety in the 2nd round, along with a free agent safety if it meant the end of Daniel Sorenson and Eric Murray.

They aren't even JAG's, IMO, and Murray singlehandedly lost the Raiders game because he couldn't cover 150 year old tight end Jared Cook.

O.city 02-08-2018 12:28 PM

They aren’t moving on from sorenson I doubt after the contract. As much as andy seems to like him it would surprise me.

Murray Definitely had some rough moments but I thought he improved as the season went on basically being a rookie and playing a lot of minutes

O.city 02-08-2018 12:30 PM

I would really like another Olb that’s worth a shit but the draft looks pretty slim there

DaneMcCloud 02-08-2018 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 13408478)
They aren’t moving on from sorenson I doubt after the contract. As much as andy seems to like him it would surprise me.

Post June 1 for Sorenson gives $3.8 million cap relief with only $1 million in Dead Space

O.city 02-08-2018 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 13408745)
Post June 1 for Sorenson gives $3.8 million cap relief with only $1 million in Dead Space

I don’t think that will matter to them, as andy is or seems to be super high on him.

They can free up a lot of money this offseason but they’re gonna have to keep some of these guys

RunKC 02-08-2018 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 13408745)

Veach needs to get rid of him. He was a nice player on a rookie contract but he does not deserve anywhere near this much.

RunKC 02-08-2018 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 13408749)
I don’t think that will matter to them, as andy is or seems to be super high on him.

They can free up a lot of money this offseason but they’re gonna have to keep some of these guys

Sorenson was terrible. At least with Parker we know he can be a cover player who could play some corner if needed.

Sorenson was legitimately terrible in all facets of the game. I like what I saw from Leon McQuay much more than anything I saw from Sorenson. He’s got potential as a backup.

I honestly wouldn’t mind getting rid of Murray and Sorenson.

Chris Meck 02-08-2018 04:14 PM

I feel like Reid has always prized edge rushers and corners. I doubt we'd go ILB in the second. I could see an edge rusher or even another corner.

pugsnotdrugs19 02-08-2018 06:10 PM

Veach made it pretty clear with his trades over the past 6 months that he's going to be aggressive when it comes to finding ways to flll holes.

Knowing that, I think Sorensen is in trouble. $3.8M could go towards a lot better options.

kccrow 02-10-2018 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 13408164)
I don’t think Jewell has the athleticism to play at the next level enough to spend that high of a pick on him

Maybe a 3 or 4 but 2 is too steep for me

I like the 2nd round for a dlineman that falls

If he had elite long speed, he'd be a top-10 pick. That said, he still has very good sideline-to-sideline burst and he has insane short-area quickness. I heard this same shit about guys like James Laurinaitis and Paul Posluszny, but all they did was come into the NFL and be studs putting up 110+ tackles a year. Sorry bud, sticking to my guns on this kid.

Another guy from Iowa to watch is Nathan Bazata. He's a bit undersized like Allen Bailey was coming out, but he's another very good player that you could probably get alot cheaper than his play warrants.

O.city 02-10-2018 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kccrow (Post 13411291)
If he had elite long speed, he'd be a top-10 pick. That said, he still has very good sideline-to-sideline burst and he has insane short-area quickness. I heard this same shit about guys like James Laurinaitis and Paul Posluszny, but all they did was come into the NFL and be studs putting up 110+ tackles a year. Sorry bud, sticking to my guns on this kid.

Another guy from Iowa to watch is Nathan Bazata. He's a bit undersized like Allen Bailey was coming out, but he's another very good player that you could probably get alot cheaper than his play warrants.

Maybe so

He just seems a little to limited for me. I’d like to see what he can run and measure bunt I’m skeptical

DaneMcCloud 02-10-2018 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 13408164)
I don’t think Jewell has the athleticism to play at the next level enough to spend that high of a pick on him

Maybe a 3 or 4 but 2 is too steep for me

I like the 2nd round for a dlineman that falls

A safety like White or Marcus Allen would have more value than Jewell in the 2nd round, IMO.

I'd be fine with Jewell in the 4th but 2nd is too high, IMO. The Chiefs need either a safety or D lineman in that spot and ready to start immediately.

DaneMcCloud 02-10-2018 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19 (Post 13409192)
Knowing that, I think Sorensen is in trouble. $3.8M could go towards a lot better options.

I truly believe that Veach will remake the defense this offseason and it's difficult to envision a future for Hali, DJ and Sorenson.

I think Parker and Bailey, especially if they agree to restructure, are safe at this point but the Chiefs would save nearly $12 million by cutting them both.

The problem then becomes, who replaces them?