ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Mock 2/7 (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=313806)

pugsnotdrugs19 02-18-2018 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 13423789)
Seems like this is actually the year to look at developmental type guys: they’re not likely to content next year so play for 19 and 20

I get what you are saying-- in theory, we don't contend in '18 as much as 2019 or 2020. But I wouldn't give up on it whatsoever.

Still a ton of really good players on the roster right now and one would assume that will only improve by camp.

O.city 02-18-2018 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19 (Post 13423835)
I get what you are saying-- in theory, we don't contend in '18 as much as 2019 or 2020. But I wouldn't give up on it whatsoever.

Still a ton of really good players on the roster right now and one would assume that will only improve by camp.

True but you’ve got a first time starter at qb. Inevitably there’s gonna be some ups and downs

pugsnotdrugs19 02-18-2018 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 13423877)
True but you’ve got a first time starter at qb. Inevitably there’s gonna be some ups and downs

What we have to hope for is that Mahomes is more of a 2nd year guy than 1st year. And he honestly might be because he has been given the time and opportunity to learn the playbook and create some comfort within operating the offense. He will be going out there in 2018 solely focused on what the defense is presenting rather than whether or not he knows where his own guys should be or what they will be doing.

From a physical perspective, it is his first season. But from a mental perspective, I think he has a leg up.

O.city 02-18-2018 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19 (Post 13423889)
What we have to hope for is that Mahomes is more of a 2nd year guy than 1st year. And he honestly might be because he has been given the time and opportunity to learn the playbook and create some comfort within operating the offense. He will be going out there in 2018 solely focused on what the defense is presenting rather than whether or not he knows where his own guys should be or what they will be doing.

From a physical perspective, it is his first season. But from a mental perspective, I think he has a leg up.

I’d imagine he’s gonna be better off than not, but it’s atill his first year starting. Just gonna be things he hasn’t seen

Sweet Daddy Hate 02-18-2018 06:39 PM

Nothing to pair up with Hill? I know Hill is amazing, but counting on Wilson, Conley, and "the rest"( actually, beyond Hill they are ALL pretty much "the rest" ), seems pretty uninspiring.

Let's look at those sweet numbers!

Hill: 75 catches, 1,183 yards, 7 TD;
Wilson: 42 catches, 554 yards, 3 TD;( extreme sadness, older than dirt, yet out-producing the youngsters minus Hill? Blech. )
Thomas: 14 catches, 143 yards, 2 TD;
Robinson: 21 catches, 212 yards,
Conley: 11 catches, 175 yards.

Under the old situation you could look at that and say, "well, that's about all you need from the WR group for a season", but that pitiful setup is dead and gone and unless all you want to do is advance the ball to its reception spot, it might be a good idea to pursue some dynamic talent to round things out opposite of Hill.
At least ONE.

Coogs 02-18-2018 06:58 PM

Albert Wilson is older than dirt? At 25?

Sweet Daddy Hate 02-18-2018 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coogs (Post 13424137)
Albert Wilson is older than dirt? At 25?

Jesus, I thought he was more like 35 with the way he moves.

Sweet Daddy Hate 02-18-2018 07:08 PM

No wonder he keeps hanging around.

Coogs 02-18-2018 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Claysexual (Post 13424150)
No wonder he keeps hanging around.

Watch the Denver game with Mahomes. Dude was getting open.

DaneMcCloud 02-18-2018 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 13423893)
I’d imagine he’s gonna be better off than not, but it’s atill his first year starting. Just gonna be things he hasn’t seen

The Chiefs offense all but disappeared during their 1-6 run.

I’d be surprised if that happened again with Mahomes.

Mother****erJones 02-18-2018 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 13424179)
The Chiefs offense all but disappeared during their 1-6 run.

I’d be surprised if that happened again with Mahomes.

That's because Mahomes will not go into a shell at times like the offense did for stretches under Alex Smith.

pugsnotdrugs19 02-18-2018 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mother****erJones (Post 13424193)
That's because Mahomes will not go into a shell at times like the offense did for stretches under Alex Smith.

It ties back to the Cowherd video I posted a month ago. What does the QB do when its the 2nd half and its time to just make some plays? The defense knows your game plan, they’ve saw the script, and the QB is going to have to just make some shit happen.

Mother****erJones 02-18-2018 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19 (Post 13424215)
It ties back to the Cowherd video I posted a month ago. What does the QB do when its the 2nd half and its time to just make some plays? The defense knows your game plan, they’ve saw the script, and the QB is going to have to just make some shit happen.

That’s where Mahomes excels and Smith struggles.

pugsnotdrugs19 02-18-2018 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mother****erJones (Post 13424220)
That’s where Mahomes excels and Smith struggles.

There were a couple of games last year when Smith really showed playmaking ability that has rarely ever been seen in his career, from kickoff through the 4th quarter. New England and Houston come to my mind. The offense was so good in those particular games because they just kept attacking, and Smith kept attacking.

Sweet Daddy Hate 02-18-2018 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coogs (Post 13424156)
Watch the Denver game with Mahomes. Dude was getting open.

I seriously thought the guy was a 27+(or greater) year-old vet that Reid had absconded with from Philly. LMAO

In any event, Wilson just had a "good year" for Wilson. And even though we weren't utilizing WR in terms of spreading the ball around very much, it's plain to see that outside of Hill there isn't much going on within that group.
Now we have a QB that allows us to have 2 or even 3 serious threats, much like Manning had in Denver the first year that they went to the SB and got demolished. And now, we don't have to rely on the TE to save the day because he's less than 10 yards from the LOS and open by a country mile.
At the very least, one more above-average talent at Receiver makes the KC offense absolutely lethal and VERY hard to defend. It's already an incredibly dynamic unit, but that last piece combined with some key upgrades on the Line make it damned near unstoppable.