ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs *****The Nick Bolton Thread***** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=338119)

tredadda 07-10-2023 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kiimosabi (Post 17010753)
I kind of disagree Gay will be gone. It seems pretty trendy to assume that but unless he has anymore off the field stuff I think he's staying

Yeah, he brings a lot of value with his speed. Him forcing Hurts to throw it away on a third down late in the SB was huge. That made Philly punt which set up Toney for the longest PR in SB history.

Direckshun 07-10-2023 09:35 AM

Gay just seems like a player you want on your team, right?

Huge and physical, fantastic athlete, infectious energy. Just seems like a guy you'd want on your team.

That being said... I fear he's about to be supplanted.

tredadda 07-10-2023 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 17010873)

Huge and physical, fantastic athlete, infectious energy. Just seems like a guy you'd want on your team.

By who?

staylor26 07-10-2023 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chieftain (Post 17010275)
A buddy of mine is a Chargers fan and he mentioned Tranquill being slow in pass coverage. He got burnt by Kelce in the last game we played San Diego.
We are very deep at LB so I'm not too worried but it's still an interesting observation.

Lol wut?

That's Tranquill's strength. Sounds like your buddy has completely unrealistic expectations for LBs in pass coverage.

Also, there's not a single LB that can cover Kelce.

Dunerdr 07-10-2023 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 17010873)

I think Tranquil really ends up in the Niemen role. Maybe im wrong but i just dont see him pushing willie out all the time. Gay is such a ****ing specimen. And its not like hes been just terrible.

Wisconsin_Chief 07-10-2023 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dunerdr (Post 17010890)
I think Tranquil really ends up in the Niemen role. Maybe im wrong but i just dont see him pushing willie out all the time. Gay is such a ****ing specimen. And its not like hes been just terrible.

Tranquill is only making $3 million, that screams role player, plus he basically said as much in the recent article talking about Andy recruiting him.

That said, he'll be amazing in the Niemann role, it was tailor made for him.

saphojunkie 07-10-2023 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dunerdr (Post 17010890)

One of the two will be had for under market value next year, simply because they will cannibalize tackles from each other.

Red Dawg 07-10-2023 09:59 AM

We will not be keeping Gay and Bolton. One of them will not get the big deal. Probably Gay moving on.

Dunerdr 07-10-2023 10:05 AM

Tranquil could be here to hurt Gays pass coverage snaps and drive down his market value...? Conspiracy, but Vart Beach plays 4d chess.

Hammock Parties 07-21-2023 08:54 AM

wow

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F1kYZqxX...jpg&name=large

Dunerdr 07-21-2023 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 17025045)

In my head I wouldnt expect him that high, then you look at the list and its kind of like yeah that makes a lot of sense.

Dante84 07-21-2023 09:36 AM

Watch Nick Bolton be the DPOY

RealSNR 07-21-2023 09:39 AM

Man is it me or is Matt Milano massively overrated around the NFL?

TRR 07-21-2023 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealSNR (Post 17025161)
Man is it me or is Matt Milano massively overrated around the NFL?

It’s just you. Buffalo’s defense is on a different level when Milano is on the field. He does everything very well.

Urc Burry 07-21-2023 10:02 AM

Ehhhh. This might be the first time I’ve ever seen Bolton overrated. I would think closer to 90 until he can improve in coverage. Yes, I just took a madden ranking seriously

I completely forgot Anthony Hitchens existed until scrolling back in this thread. Man he was a bum. One of Veach’s biggest misses

Now back to homer glasses on. IF Bolton can take a step against the pass, and if George can improve off his rookie year… am I crazy to think we could have a top 7-8 defense?

Edit: I see now that was a fake madden ranking :facepalm: