ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football ROMO gets his $$$ (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=271586)

MahiMike 03-29-2013 02:11 PM

ROMO gets his $$$

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...y-than-flacco/

Yikes!

The Cowboys and quarterback Tony Romo have a deal, and it’s reportedly a deal that will guarantee Romo even more money than Joe Flacco just received in his blockbuster contract with the Ravens.

Adam Schefter of ESPN reports that the Cowboys and Romo reached an agreement on a six-year extension that contains even more guaranteed money than the six-year, $120.6 million contract that Joe Flacco got from the Ravens.

As is always the case, the contract details will come out in time. But the initial indication is that Jerry Jones backed up the Brink’s truck to pay Romo. Schefter says the total value of the deal is a six-year contract worth $108 million.

The Cowboys have been trying for weeks to get a new deal done with Romo, who would have counted $16.8 million against this year’s salary cap if he didn’t have a new contract. The new deal will reduce Romo’s cap number for 2013.

Cowboys owner Jerry Jones has long said he believes Romo can lead his team to a Super Bowl, and that he wants Romo to remain a Cowboy for the rest of his career. It appears that will happen: Romo and the Cowboys are tied together for years to come.

'Hamas' Jenkins 03-29-2013 02:12 PM

That tupperware-faced bastard is completely insane.

RunKC 03-29-2013 02:12 PM

https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphot...31763330_n.jpg

The Franchise 03-29-2013 02:13 PM

Romo gets more money than Flacco? lolwut?

OrtonsPiercedTaint 03-29-2013 02:13 PM

A QB only a hootie could love.

Hammock Parties 03-29-2013 02:13 PM

He's going to be 33 in a few weeks. LMAO

I bet he has 3 more seasons in the league, max. Especially with his style of play.

Cephalic Trauma 03-29-2013 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9538580)
Romo gets more money than Flacco? lolwut?

You stole my reaction you bastard!

opposition 03-29-2013 02:15 PM

Stupidest thing I have ever heard. Tony ****ing Romo!?

Deberg_1990 03-29-2013 02:15 PM

ROFL......Jerry Jones has gone full reerun.....and i love it! Cowboys wont ever win another title as long as hes in charge.

ptlyon 03-29-2013 02:16 PM

This shit is better than Mcdonalds

DJ's left nut 03-29-2013 02:16 PM

Still not any dumber than giving Joe Flacco as much as he got.

I'm not convinced Flacco's a better QB than Romo.

Dayze 03-29-2013 02:17 PM

theh absolute worst, dog-shit of a throwing motion. the Charles Barkley golf swings of QB throwing.

ShowtimeSBMVP 03-29-2013 02:17 PM

Romo had the Cowboys by the balls on this deal. They have no cap room and ......... this

Dallas Cowboys can’t use franchise tag on QB Tony Romo in 2014, but it doesn’t really matter
By Brandon George / Reporter
bgeorge@dallasnews.com
1:43 pm on March 29, 2013 | Permalink

So the Cowboys can’t place their franchise tag on quarterback Tony Romo in 2014 if the two sides don’t agree to a long-term contract extension. So what.

Dallas Cowboys quarterback Tony Romo (9) on the sideline during a game against the Miami Dolphins during the second half of a preseason game at Cowboys Stadium in Arlington on August 29, 2012. The Cowboys defeated the Dolphins 30-13. (Vernon Bryant / DMN)

It’s doesn’t matter. It’s much to do about nothing.

Why?

The NFL Network first reported that Romo’s contract is structured in a way that won’t allow the Cowboys the option of using their franchise tag on him. Romo’s deal still has three years left, and the final two automatically void but not until after the deadline for teams to designate their franchise players.

That means Romo would become an unrestricted free agent next off-season if the current league year ended with no new deal in place.

The Cowboys have pushed back a significant portion of Romo’s money into the voidable years on his contract because they’ve restructured his deal in recent years to free up salary cap space. If the Cowboys were able to use their franchise tag on Romo in 2014, it would come at a cost of more than $26 million for one season.

That just wouldn’t have happened.

So what does all of this really mean? It simply adds a little to the leverage that Romo already had in contract negotiations, but he’s had all the leverage on his side all along.

The Cowboys and Romo will agree on a long-term contract extension this off-season at some point. It will be a deal that favors Romo. There’s no doubt about that. The Cowboys need the deal to get done and want the deal to get done, primarily to free up salary cap space so that they can pursue other free agents this off-season and have the money to sign their six draft picks.

Romo is set to count $16.8 million against the Cowboys’ 2013 salary cap if no extension is done.

A source with knowledge of the Romo-Cowboys negotiations said this week that they’re ongoing and the goal is to get a deal done that is in the best interests of both parties.

But Romo should come out the clear winner.

The biggest reason why the deal will get done is Jerry Jones. He wants the deal done. When was the last time the Cowboys owner let a player leave that he wanted to keep?

And he’s always been one of Romo’s biggest fans. That hasn’t changed, no matter the lack of playoff success.

BigMeatballDave 03-29-2013 02:17 PM

LMAO Jerry goes full reerun

Deberg_1990 03-29-2013 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9538595)

:facepalm:

'Hamas' Jenkins 03-29-2013 02:19 PM

Quote:

He is in the playoffs.

AdumbGuy 03-29-2013 02:19 PM

this is just bizarre. I don't watch many Cowboys games so I don't know if the Romo hate is entirely justified, but, but, but did Romo win the superbowl when I wasn't paying attention?

Can any Romo fans (if there are any) justify this?

BigMeatballDave 03-29-2013 02:19 PM

Quote:

LOL WUT

ChiefsCountry 03-29-2013 02:19 PM

And no Super Bowls for the Cowboys. Awesome.

Dayze 03-29-2013 02:20 PM

the good news here everyone, is we'll get to laugh at his decision at least 5 times this year in prime time games featuring the Cowboys

tk13 03-29-2013 02:23 PM

Jerrah cares bout his team! I wish he owned the Chiefs!
Posted via Mobile Device

BigMeatballDave 03-29-2013 02:23 PM

Hootie should be along soon to tell us how great Romo is. :)

AdumbGuy 03-29-2013 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsandO'sfan (Post 9538601)
Romo had the Cowboys by the balls on this deal. They have no cap room and ......... this

Dallas Cowboys can’t use franchise tag on QB Tony Romo in 2014, but it doesn’t really matter
By Brandon George / Reporter
bgeorge@dallasnews.com
1:43 pm on March 29, 2013 | Permalink

So the Cowboys can’t place their franchise tag on quarterback Tony Romo in 2014 if the two sides don’t agree to a long-term contract extension. So what.

Dallas Cowboys quarterback Tony Romo (9) on the sideline during a game against the Miami Dolphins during the second half of a preseason game at Cowboys Stadium in Arlington on August 29, 2012. The Cowboys defeated the Dolphins 30-13. (Vernon Bryant / DMN)

It’s doesn’t matter. It’s much to do about nothing.

Why?

The NFL Network first reported that Romo’s contract is structured in a way that won’t allow the Cowboys the option of using their franchise tag on him. Romo’s deal still has three years left, and the final two automatically void but not until after the deadline for teams to designate their franchise players.

That means Romo would become an unrestricted free agent next off-season if the current league year ended with no new deal in place.

The Cowboys have pushed back a significant portion of Romo’s money into the voidable years on his contract because they’ve restructured his deal in recent years to free up salary cap space. If the Cowboys were able to use their franchise tag on Romo in 2014, it would come at a cost of more than $26 million for one season.

That just wouldn’t have happened.

So what does all of this really mean? It simply adds a little to the leverage that Romo already had in contract negotiations, but he’s had all the leverage on his side all along.

The Cowboys and Romo will agree on a long-term contract extension this off-season at some point. It will be a deal that favors Romo. There’s no doubt about that. The Cowboys need the deal to get done and want the deal to get done, primarily to free up salary cap space so that they can pursue other free agents this off-season and have the money to sign their six draft picks.

Romo is set to count $16.8 million against the Cowboys’ 2013 salary cap if no extension is done.

A source with knowledge of the Romo-Cowboys negotiations said this week that they’re ongoing and the goal is to get a deal done that is in the best interests of both parties.

But Romo should come out the clear winner.

The biggest reason why the deal will get done is Jerry Jones. He wants the deal done. When was the last time the Cowboys owner let a player leave that he wanted to keep?

And he’s always been one of Romo’s biggest fans. That hasn’t changed, no matter the lack of playoff success.

ok, this makes a little bit more sense. Still, sounds like their GM should be fired....

SPchief 03-29-2013 02:29 PM

Tony Romo!

ThaVirus 03-29-2013 02:29 PM

I'm trying to find any kind of sense that this deal might make and I'm coming up completely dry. Giving a 33 year old QB that's been given as many years and as much talent as he has to take you to the big one even more time is ****ing idiotic on so many levels.

Ah well, it'll be nice watching those Cowboy fans constantly disappointed for the next 6 years.

RyFo18 03-29-2013 02:38 PM

I'd take Romo as a QB over the shit this team has had in a heartbeat. Good for him.

DJ's left nut 03-29-2013 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 9538608)
He is in the playoffs.

Denver's safety being a moron didn't suddenly make Joe Flacco a better QB.

The QB travesty of the offseason was paying Joe Flacco like he's one of the top 5 QBs in the NFL when he's nothing more than a good QB that's in the same 2nd tier of QBs with guys like Rivers, Eli Manning and yes, Tony Romo.

The people that swear you can't win a SB without an 'elite' QB have to now call an extremely flawed QB like Joe Flacco elite in order to stay on message. If Denver could manage to play a !@#$ing hail mary correctly, nobody tries to claim that Joe Flacco is a demonstrably better QB than Tony Romo.

There's nothing elite about Joe Flacco. He's not mobile, he's not terribly accurate. For vast swaths of the season he's not even a good decisionmaker.

But he got hot at the right time so now the QB market is blown all to ****.

Ozzie Newsome re-setting the QB market so that every slightly above average QB in the league can now point out that their last 50 career starts compare very favorably to Joe Flacco's is the problem.

Without Flacco's dipshit contract, this contract wouldn't have been nearly as bad. But Ozzie Newsome ****ed up the market.

RyFo18 03-29-2013 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AdumbGuy (Post 9538649)
ok, this makes a little bit more sense. Still, sounds like their GM should be fired....

Jerry Jones will never fire himself.

Bump 03-29-2013 02:41 PM

Quote:

Montana post season and Superbowl MVP. nuff said.

AdumbGuy 03-29-2013 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RyFo18 (Post 9538710)
Jerry Jones will never fire himself.

I know, but I stand by my statement

DJ's left nut 03-29-2013 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 9538658)
I'm trying to find any kind of sense that this deal might make and I'm coming up completely dry. Giving a 33 year old QB that's been given as many years and as much talent as he has to take you to the big one even more time is ****ing idiotic on so many levels.

Ah well, it'll be nice watching those Cowboy fans constantly disappointed for the next 6 years.

Tony Romo has a career passer rating of 95. The amount of shit that guy takes is just stupid.

Romo's a good quarterback. He's a 65% passer that averages 8yds/attempt and has the mobility to make up for some shoddy protection.

He's easily a top 15 guy and, like Flacco, probably sits somewhere in the 8-12 range.

People keep blasting him as a bad post-season QB but he's only played in 4 posts-season games and he's been just fine in 2 of them. The last 3 years the Cowboys missed the playoffs because they've had a wildly overrated defense. Moreover, his 'weapons' are being overrated as well. Austin's almost always hurt, Bryant finally had a decent year this season and he's never had much of a running game to work with.

If Eric Decker plays well with Manning, people say "Man, Manning is a god". When Romo gets a great season from Laurent !@#$ing Robinson, people just shrug and act like Robinson must've actually been a badass and we didn't know it. Romo's absolutely made his weapons look better than they are on many occasions.

Romo's a hell of a quarterback, a good leader and he's tough as nails. You give him the exact same team as Joe Flacco and yeah - I'd take Romo over Flacco for at least the next couple of years. And while I recognize that not everyone would agree with that, I certainly don't see how you can say that Flacco is at all clearly better than Romo.

CoMoChief 03-29-2013 02:48 PM

Jerry Jones is all that is wrong w/ the Cowboys.

That move is just absolutely ****ing stupid.

mikey23545 03-29-2013 02:50 PM

How much coke did Michael Irvin leave behind when he retired?...LMAO

threebag 03-29-2013 02:51 PM

****...once Hootie wakes up from pulling one off...this thread is going to go to hell.

mikey23545 03-29-2013 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9538735)
Tony Romo has a career passer rating of 95. The amount of shit that guy takes is just stupid.

Romo's a good quarterback. He's a 65% passer that averages 8yds/attempt and has the mobility to make up for some shoddy protection.

He's easily a top 15 guy and, like Flacco, probably sits somewhere in the 8-12 range.

People keep blasting him as a bad post-season QB but he's only played in 4 posts-season games and he's been just fine in 2 of them. The last 3 years the Cowboys missed the playoffs because they've had a wildly overrated defense. Moreover, his 'weapons' are being overrated as well. Austin's almost always hurt, Bryant finally had a decent year this season and he's never had much of a running game to work with.

If Eric Decker plays well with Manning, people say "Man, Manning is a god". When Romo gets a great season from Laurent !@#$ing Robinson, people just shrug and act like Robinson must've actually been a badass and we didn't know it. Romo's absolutely made his weapons look better than they are on many occasions.

Romo's a hell of a quarterback, a good leader and he's tough as nails. You give him the exact same team as Joe Flacco and yeah - I'd take Romo over Flacco for at least the next couple of years. And while I recognize that not everyone would agree with that, I certainly don't see how you can say that Flacco is at all clearly better than Romo.

I hear the Cowboys call him Mr. Clutch.

threebag 03-29-2013 02:52 PM

Hooties user name should be changed to Romosexual.

Pepe Silvia 03-29-2013 02:53 PM

Ha ha, hope they enjoy another 6 years of pick six's.

DJ's left nut 03-29-2013 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bump (Post 9538715)
Montana post season and Superbowl MVP. nuff said.

No, it isn't. That's just the most simplistic bullshit I've ever heard. It's backwards logic.

It's like claiming that Mark Sanchez is a badass because he's had a few good post-seasons.

Once again - Rahim Moore being an idiot doesn't make Joe Flacco a better QB and without Rahim Moore, none of your 'rebuttal' happens.

Joe Flacco, for 95% of his NFL career, has been an inferior quarterback to Tony Romo - he just has. This is the case by any objective measure. And I'm not at all willing to cite Flacco's playoff record as any sort of evidence that he'll suddenly turn it around and be a better QB than Romo 9 games out of 10.

DJ's left nut 03-29-2013 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikey23545 (Post 9538749)
I hear the Cowboys call him Mr. Clutch.

The Cowboy's don't call him anything derisive - Cowboys fans do.

Have you ever met an intelligent Cowboys fan? They're a bunch of bumbersticker fans that blame the easiest target...always. And because Tony Romo isn't Troy Aikman, they pile on him.

Those Cowboys teams would be absolutely horrendous without Romo - I'm talking 4 wins bad. But a pack of dipshit Texans and out of state satellite fans seem to think its smart to attack their best player whenever things go wrong.

Its like blaming Jamaal Charles for our 2-14 record last year.

Romo is one of the few things the Cowboys have going for them.

RyFo18 03-29-2013 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9538735)

5 quarterbacks can say this:

Manning, Brady, Steve Young, Rodgers, and Romo.

RyFo18 03-29-2013 03:00 PM

Absolutely hilarious listening to Chiefs fans call a QB overpaid. If you wouldn't take Romo on this team, you're a moron.

ShowtimeSBMVP 03-29-2013 03:03 PM

Albert Breer ‏@AlbertBreer 7m

Three-year totals of recent QB contracts: Joe Flacco $62.0M; Drew Brees $61.0M; Peyton Manning $60.0M; Tony Romo $57.0M; Tom Brady $45.0M.

DJ's left nut 03-29-2013 03:04 PM

And over those 3 years, I'd take every last QB on that list over Joe Flacco, Romo included.

And this is coming from someone that defended Flacco to a bunch of you flip-flopping idiots before he was a SB winner.

Joe Flacco's the same QB he's always been - a good QB with a nice deep ball, heavy feet and average accuracy. That's it. He's not a great QB by any measure.

But because so many of you have bitten so hard on the "You can't win without an elite QB" mantra, you're now desperately trying to couch Flacco as an elite guy.

He isn't.

Sweet Daddy Hate 03-29-2013 03:06 PM

awelp, the local cowgirl fans have exactly jack AND shit to say to me about KC and Alice, so there's that.
Posted via Mobile Device

KC_Connection 03-29-2013 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RyFo18 (Post 9538699)
I'd take Romo as a QB over the shit this team has had in a heartbeat. Good for him.

No question. Tony Romo may have a history of choking in the big ones (though that isn't all his fault, the Cowboys have always been flawed in one way or another), but he's a very good QB overall.

Bewbies 03-29-2013 03:12 PM

This is a 2-4 year deal that looks way bigger than it really is. Like they always are.

Hootie 03-29-2013 03:12 PM

I'd feel more inclined to add my $0.02 to this thread if DJ didn't say anything and everything I would have said as well...

Honestly. Anything I'd post would be a repost.

I don't give out rep often but I feel inclined to give him some rep because I felt like I was just reading myself post.

But I can't help myself I need to add one tidbit that he already addressed:

I'd take Tony Romo without even THINKING ABOUT IT if my choices were Tony Romo and Joe Flacco.

Sweet Daddy Hate 03-29-2013 03:13 PM

As a side note; somewhere, Jimmy Johnson just wet himsf in a fit of pants-pissing laughter, yes.
Posted via Mobile Device

Hootie 03-29-2013 03:13 PM

and I'd rather be a Romosexual than a freaking Princess FYI

Beeker 03-29-2013 03:14 PM

LMAO:LOL::clap:ROFL
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Dick Willie (Post 9538809)
As a side note; somewhere, Jimmy Johnson just wet himsf in a fit of pants-pissing laughter, yes.
Posted via Mobile Device

Cephalic Trauma 03-29-2013 03:14 PM

Romo is weak between the ears.

Would. Not. Want. Ever.

-King- 03-29-2013 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cephalic Trauma (Post 9538812)
Romo is weak between the ears.

Would. Not. Want. Ever.

At his contract, no. But you're stupid if you'd "never" want Romo. The guy shits out 4,000 yard 25 TD seasons.

Hootie 03-29-2013 03:21 PM

Go watch the Giants/Cowboys postseason game the first year the Giants won the Super Bowl...when that almighty defense defeated the then 18-0 New England Patriots and shut down Tom Brady...

watch Romo against that Giants defense...

watch that game again and then tell me Romo is a choker

He was literally the ONE Cowboy to show up...played a fantastic game...had one of the great plays in recent postseason memory ROBBED from him when, on 3rd and 14, he escaped the rabid pressure of 4 defenders...showed off his great elusiveness...and hit a crossing Patrick Crayton in the numbers that would have been an 80 yard TD with 1 minute left in the 3rd quarter to go up 24-14 and be a potential game ending dagger (which would have rewritten history)...

but Crayton dropped it. And then ran the wrong route on another pivotal late drive...

He played his ass off and played a great game against a defense SO GOOD they shut down that year's Patriots in the Super Bowl...

but he's a choker because his teams are consistently mediocre

a QB can only do so much...Romo puts up the numbers and makes the plays every year...he'd be a top 5 QB if not for the boneheaded plays that he DOES make...

but being a top 8-12 QB in a league with so much QB talent (and there is a lot, considering Joe Flacco is probably #15) is pretty valuable...and something I'd love the Chiefs to have some day.

You can win a Super Bowl, even multiple Super Bowls, with a QB that is the 8th best in the league.

Chiefs Pantalones 03-29-2013 03:24 PM

Wow. Jerry Jones is not a bright dude. Well at least now the Chiefs have a shot against my wife's Cowboys this fall at Arrowhead. I was afraid it was a sure loss.

Hootie 03-29-2013 03:25 PM

and the funny thing is...

after that game...after the game I watched with my very two eyes when I saw a team totally fail its QB...

as soon as he threw a desperation pick on the last play of the game...

this entire board started screaming "choker!"

why?

because I'm convinced that, when it comes to watching football, this board is littered with total dipshits

RunKC 03-29-2013 03:25 PM

Meanwhile in Green Bay

http://www.roemerphotoblog.com/wp-co...s-smiling2.jpg

Say hello to 130 mill Rodgers

Hootie 03-29-2013 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefs Pantalones (Post 9538828)
Wow. Jerry Jones is not a bright dude. Well at least now the Chiefs have a shot against my wife's Cowboys this fall at Arrowhead. I was afraid it was a sure loss.

that makes a lot of sense

it was a sure loss when Romo didn't have an extension

but now that he has gotten an extension we have a chance

I want to meet whatever logic professor you had...

Hootie 03-29-2013 03:27 PM

On the bright side...

Alex Smith at $15M/2 years suddenly looks like quite the bargain LMAO

mikey23545 03-29-2013 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peyton's Princess (Post 9538823)
Go watch the Giants/Cowboys postseason game the first year the Giants won the Super Bowl...when that almighty defense defeated the then 18-0 New England Patriots and shut down Tom Brady...

watch Romo against that Giants defense...

watch that game again and then tell me Romo is a choker

He was literally the ONE Cowboy to show up...played a fantastic game...had one of the great plays in recent postseason memory ROBBED from him when, on 3rd and 14, he escaped the rabid pressure of 4 defenders...showed off his great elusiveness...and hit a crossing Patrick Crayton in the numbers that would have been an 80 yard TD with 1 minute left in the 3rd quarter to go up 24-14 and be a potential game ending dagger (which would have rewritten history)...

but Crayton dropped it. And then ran the wrong route on another pivotal late drive...

He played his ass off and played a great game against a defense SO GOOD they shut down that year's Patriots in the Super Bowl...

but he's a choker because his teams are consistently mediocre

a QB can only do so much...Romo puts up the numbers and makes the plays every year...he'd be a top 5 QB if not for the boneheaded plays that he DOES make...

but being a top 8-12 QB in a league with so much QB talent (and there is a lot, considering Joe Flacco is probably #15) is pretty valuable...and something I'd love the Chiefs to have some day.

You can win a Super Bowl, even multiple Super Bowls, with a QB that is the 8th best in the league.

You've really got something about quarterbacks that swallow their own cocks with the playoff game on the line, huh?

BigMeatballDave 03-29-2013 03:30 PM

A lot of swallowing for a guy with 1 playoff win.

-King- 03-29-2013 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9538833)
Meanwhile in Green Bay

http://www.roemerphotoblog.com/wp-co...s-smiling2.jpg

Say hello to 130 mill Rodgers

Yep, the Packers might as well give him the key to the Treasury Department. He's going to break the bank.

DJ's left nut 03-29-2013 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 9538848)
A lot of swallowing for a guy with 1 playoff win.

Yeah, who needs one of the most efficient passers in NFL history on their roster?

We should go after Mark Sanchez instead - more playoff wins.

Sweet Daddy Hate 03-29-2013 03:36 PM

How the **** did "bleachaneedle report" scoop the planet? Where is the Chilly thread? You DO know he's on board now, yes?
Posted via Mobile Device

BigMeatballDave 03-29-2013 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9538856)
Yeah, who needs one of the most efficient passers in NFL history on their roster?

We should go after Mark Sanchez instead - more playoff wins.

LMAO I really thought you were smarter than this.

Sweet Daddy Hate 03-29-2013 03:39 PM

sadly, "the snatchz" would be the best QB on the roster at this point.
Posted via Mobile Device

Cephalic Trauma 03-29-2013 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 9538816)
At his contract, no. But you're stupid if you'd "never" want Romo. The guy shits out 4,000 yard 25 TD seasons.

And shits on the field when it matters.

If I want a QB that wins, it's not Romo.

ShowtimeSBMVP 03-29-2013 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Dick Willie (Post 9538864)
sadly, "the snatchz" would be the best QB on the roster at this point.
Posted via Mobile Device

:deevee:

bevischief 03-29-2013 03:41 PM

ROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFL

DJ's left nut 03-29-2013 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 9538862)
LMAO I really thought you were smarter than this.

And I knew that a vast majority of posters on this board aren't smarter than the idiocy being spouted in this thread.

I've made any number of logical arguments, but all you guys seem capable of understanding is "more playoff wins = better" so I'm just trying to dumb it down to your level.

Rational analysis of the play of the respective quarterbacks wasn't doing the job so I've resorted to speaking in clicks and whistles in the hopes that it may resonate with some of the less evolved among you.

Hootie 03-29-2013 03:41 PM

I don't respect the posters who correlate the worth of a QB with playoff success like that...

I just referenced a game in which Romo played his heart out/played good enough to win/made plays that would have won the game...

but they lost because his teammates let him down

yet no one wants to look at that; all they look at is the fact he lost

A tale of two QB's: Tom Brady had a kicker who made pivotal field goals in the tuck rule game in a god damn blizzard where no kicker had any business making those kicks...and then a kicker who made 3 game winning Super Bowl kicks as well.

Peyton Manning needed his kicker to extend a game one time against the Steelers the year the Steelers won their first Super Bowl with Big Ben...yep...just a 46 yarder. Piece of cake for Vinatieri. Vanderjagt?

This is what he got from Vanderjagt:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=K1HPEd_PPAA

Probably the worst kick I've ever seen.

But Brady is super clutch because his kicker never let him down but Manning is a choker because he was never afforded that luxury.

These are just small examples. There isn't a whole lot of NFL games where a QB chokes so terribly that that is the sole reason why his team lost. If you want to argue some QB's rise to the occasion more than others, then so be it...

but this idea that Tony Romo and Peyton Manning are "chokers" but Joe Flacco is "clutch" is a ****ing joke and a terrible argument.

But that's ok...we'll throw facts at you and debate with REASON...but you can just fall back on something genious and witty and super creative like:

"oh you have a thing for QB's who swallow cock in big moments."

Great point.

Stewie 03-29-2013 03:43 PM

Hamas = Gholst-buster

Romo = Hamas genious

BigMeatballDave 03-29-2013 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 9538816)

I'd take Romo over Smith.

Why would anyone ever take a 33 yr old with 1 playoff win over a 28 yr old with 9 wins including a SB?

Hootie 03-29-2013 03:45 PM

Mark Sanchez has beaten both Peyton Manning and Tom Brady in playoff games despite having a piss poor regular season every single season of his career...and the year he beat Brady (I think) was the year the Colts decided to let Painter play when they had the Jets down and out and would have eliminated them from the playoffs.

Just because a QB gets "hot" or turns in a good performance in the playoffs means NOTHING to me. Every single ****ing game is pretty much a playoff game...when 6 out of 16 teams make the playoffs, and where (at least it used to be) home field means something...

you're supposed to leave it all on the field every single week

I have a hard time trying to have any respect for a poster who tries and tells me they'd take Flacco over Manning and Flacco has a similar career arc to Manning when, and I truly don't put much into PFF but it's a useful stat in this argument...

a Peyton Manning coming off a gazillion neck injuries posted like a +60 on PFF for the season and Flacco was at like +6 (which is pretty terrible for a QB who is now considered ELITE by ChiefsPlanet.com because of Rahim Moore)...

Hilariously enough...if we posted a poll for 2013 only and said:

"Which QB would you take for one year in 2013. Flacco or Manning?"

70% would choose Flacco.

That's how dumb this board is.

DJ's left nut 03-29-2013 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 9538875)

Why would anyone ever take a 33 yr old with 1 playoff win over a 28 yr old with 9 wins including a SB?

Why would anyone ever take a 33 yr old with 1 playoff win over a 26 yr old with 4 playoff wins including 2 4th quarter playoff comebacks?

{clicksnapwhistlegrunt}

Hootie 03-29-2013 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 9538875)

because, before this postseason, Joe Flacco MAYBE was the BEST player in 1 of those playoff wins in year's previous.

Peyton Manning is always the key to his team winning in the postseason.
Tom Brady is always the key to his team winning in the postseason.
Tony Romo is always the key to his team winning in the postseason.
Aaron Rodgers is always the key to his team winning in the postseason.

Before this season, Joe Flacco and Mark Sanchez WERE NEVER the key to their teams winning in the postseason. Now, their play in some games ended up being the key...but going into the game, no one said "this is Joe Flacco's team! This is Flacco's game to win!"

No. Those two simply were instructed to manage the games and not **** up.

So just because they were surrounded with tremendous defenses and not given the responsibilities of elite QB's like Manning and Brady doesn't mean because they won those games that their playoff record is an indicator of what kind of caliber QB they are...

and unfortunately the casual fan dipshits on this board don't understand that

In order for Manning to win in the postseason, he has to play 100% up to Peyton Manning standards.

Peyton Manning standards are much, much, much, much higher than Joe Flacco standards.

The only argument for Peyton being a choker is Peyton not ever playing up to Peyton in the playoffs. The reason why I can't call him a choker is because it's not his fault that 80% Peyton Manning isn't good enough when 80% Peyton Manning would still be better than 99% of the QB's to ever play the game.

Cephalic Trauma 03-29-2013 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9538870)
And I knew that a vast majority of posters on this board aren't smarter than the idiocy being spouted in this thread.

I've made any number of logical arguments, but all you guys seem capable of understanding is "more playoff wins = better" so I'm just trying to dumb it down to your level.

Rational analysis of the play of the respective quarterbacks wasn't doing the job so I've resorted to speaking in clicks and whistles in the hopes that it may resonate with some of the less evolved among you.

I think it has more to do with people not caring nearly as much as you and princess. Based on your posts, you would think you guys have something invested in the guy.

BigMeatballDave 03-29-2013 03:52 PM

Flacco is a dropped pass away from possibly winning 2 SBs.

I can play this game too, Hootie. :)

Chiefs Pantalones 03-29-2013 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peyton's Princess (Post 9538838)
that makes a lot of sense

it was a sure loss when Romo didn't have an extension

but now that he has gotten an extension we have a chance

I want to meet whatever logic professor you had...

I thought for sure they'd trade him before the draft after so many years of fail and make an insane Jerry move and draft someone...or at least make him earn it this year. Jerry should fire himself.

CoMoChief 03-29-2013 03:53 PM

I mean take away the stats and the choke jobs etc, the fact that he's 33 and he got this kind of deal is just hilarious.

Hootie 03-29-2013 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9538882)
Why would anyone ever take a 33 yr old with 1 playoff win over a 26 yr old with 4 playoff wins including 2 4th quarter playoff comebacks?

{clicksnapwhistlegrunt}

It's impossible to argue.

During my infamous Manning/Brady arguments, I could make any point in the world and it would just lead back to Tom: 3 Peyton: 1.

Eli is better than his brother because he has 2 to Peyton's 1. You know, nevermind the fact that he was a dropped Samuel INT, a helmet catch on a play that probably should have been whistled dead as a sack, a Welker drop, and a Manningham "wtf really?" catch away from being 0-2 in the Super Bowl and labeled, yep, you guessed it! ANOTHER MANNING CHOKER!

So because Eli LITERALLY got 5 amazing bounces in Super Bowls where he had Brett Favre launch a 40 yard INT punt for no reason in the first NFCCG and Kyle Williams in the 2nd NFCCG as well...

because of that he is SUPER CLUTCH and THE BETTER MANNING...even though he's like the bizarro Marty Schottenheimer when it comes to postseason luck.

Critical thinking doesn't happen on this board. Dallas hates Romo, media loves Dallas, media trolls Romo news, casual fan jumps on the bandwagon and agrees that "Romo sucks because Romo chokes."

Thinking for ones self doesn't occur often on this board.