ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Albert just called 610. Wants to stay in KC (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269183)

O.city 01-26-2013 10:13 AM

So no QB is worth the first overall pick, but one is worth trading this years second and likely next years first to get back into the back end of this years first round, to take a guy you had available when you picked at 1?

Someone, please christ someone, tell me what this "value" is of someone going at first overall compared to 5 or anywhere in the top 10? Is there this unwritten stigma that I'm missing about who is allowed to go at 1?

SAUTO 01-26-2013 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9352392)
So no QB is worth the first overall pick, but one is worth trading this years second and likely next years first to get back into the back end of this years first round, to take a guy you had available when you picked at 1?

Someone, please christ someone, tell me what this "value" is of someone going at first overall compared to 5 or anywhere in the top 10? Is there this unwritten stigma that I'm missing about who is allowed to go at 1?

a qb shouldn't start unless he's not worth the number one overall, but worth a first rounder plus more picks.

It's complicated
Posted via Mobile Device

Red Dawg 01-26-2013 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9352277)
He's so stupid, he'd blow the number one overall on a LT THEN use a 2nd plus likely next years 1st picks to move up back into the first for the 4th or 5th QB option rather than take the best with the first pick and fill another position of need in round 2.

Nobody should care how its done as long as we get Geno.

-King- 01-26-2013 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tuckdaddy (Post 9352454)

Yes we should. Wasting the first on an LT in the hopes we can trade back up for Geno is just a stupid as **** idea.
Posted via Mobile Device

Rausch 01-26-2013 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 9352476)
Yes we should. Wasting the first on an LT in the hopes we can trade back up for Geno is just a stupid as **** idea.
Posted via Mobile Device

This draft will probably be the most unpredictable of the last 5 to 10 years.

There is no consensus no 1 or even universal agreement on who belongs in the top 10...

Pasta Little Brioni 01-26-2013 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 9352490)

There is no consensus no 1 or even universal agreement on who belongs in the top 10...

Now this I can agree with

Pasta Little Brioni 01-26-2013 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tuckdaddy (Post 9352454)

We pick first, so just take him and be done with it if they think he can be a franchise guy. No reason at all to play around trying to get "value" :whackit:

Chiefshrink 01-26-2013 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 9352490)

Not yet anyway, because the pimping hasn't started but will start today as soon as the Senior Bowl is over and then bleed into the combine and then the hemorrhaging will occur right after the combine and then the tourniquets will be needed after the college PRO DAY workouts.

Be patient, it will be coming !!!:thumb:

Messier 01-26-2013 02:37 PM

The draft is three months away. That's a long time, and player rankings will change. How things look now, is not how they'll look in April.

Rausch 01-26-2013 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Messier (Post 9352952)
The draft is three months away. That's a long time, and player rankings will change. How things look now, is not how they'll look in April.

I'm sure writers will change their mocks. I'm sure player evaluations will rise and fall.

That will always happen.

I still think this draft is wide open...

BigMeatballDave 01-26-2013 02:53 PM

I found a pic of Rambozo http://photos.ellen.warnerbros.com/g...5/2_2_full.jpg

Frankie 01-26-2013 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9351877)
Quit defending him, dude. He does this shit in all ****ing threads.

This thread is about how Albert's agent is in talks with Dorsey and Reid, and how Albert WANTS TO BE BACK IN KC. And then Rambozo says, "People mention LT as a need because Donald Stephenson is our only LT under contract."

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 9352287)
it's because he hates Bowe.

He thinks no one will try to sign Bowe.

He said Bowe will have NO suitors.

And you are defending him..ROFL
Posted via Mobile Device

I'm not "defending," nor attacking him. He has an opinion. I don't agree with what you said is his opinion on Bowe. I happen to share with him the idea that Geno Smith is not a clear top-of-draft prospect. But then I look around and can't answer the question who is.

It's one of those drafts that does not offer a clear top five comparable to top 5s of most other drafts. It's ****ing frustrating. IF we could somehow find a trade partner to trade down and get our QB later in the 1st or with our 34 while we have extra picks I'd be a happy camper. But the only way that could happen is someone in the top 10 should fall in love with Joekel or Jarvis Jones so much that they HAVE to have them. I don't see any RG3 or Julio Jones type of trades, but I'm holding some hope that we can trade down a couple of times one or two spots at a time.

milkman 01-26-2013 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frankie (Post 9353297)
I'm not "defending," nor attacking him. He has an opinion. I don't agree with what you said is his opinion on Bowe. I happen to share with him the idea that Geno Smith is not a clear top-of-draft prospect. But then I look around and can't answer the question who is.

It's one of those drafts that does not offer a clear top five comparable to top 5s of most other drafts. It's ****ing frustrating. IF we could somehow find a trade partner to trade down and get our QB later in the 1st or with our 34 while we have extra picks I'd be a happy camper. But the only way that could happen is someone in the top 10 should fall in love with Joekel or Jarvis Jones so much that they HAVE to have them. I don't see any RG3 or Julio Jones type of trades, but I'm holding some hope that we can trade down a couple of times one or two spots at a time.

You are a ****ing moron.

Go look at the top 5 QBs in the past 10 years.

There are only 2 or 3 QBs outside of last year that compare favorably to this year.

Just shut the **** up and stop acting like you know shit.

Frankie 01-26-2013 04:54 PM

Did I hear Benji yap again? Certainly wasn't Cujo barking.

RealSNR 01-26-2013 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frankie (Post 9353297)

Tom Cash has opinions.

Knowmo has opinions.

I don't see you telling us how we got their arguments wrong.