ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Dwayne Bowe: I'm going to lead the league in Receptions and TDs (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=273090)

Chiefnj2 05-15-2013 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mother****erJones (Post 9684977)
If he can get 15 TDs with Cassel, he can do it with Smith

Michael Crabtree says - maybe not.

MagicHef 05-15-2013 05:03 PM

Not really very far fetched. Bowe and Charles are the only weapons on offense, so they should get a lot of touches.

el borracho 05-15-2013 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mother****erJones (Post 9684977)
If he can get 15 TDs with Cassel, he can do it with Smith

Smith is going to throw 15 TDs to Bowe this year? Who will catch the other one?

Mother****erJones 05-15-2013 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by el borracho (Post 9685056)
Smith is going to throw 15 TDs to Bowe this year? Who will catch the other one?

Charles

KCSLC2008 05-15-2013 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9685037)
Another interesting thing Bowe said today

Danny Parkins ‏@DannyParkins
Dwayne Bowe on Alex Smith: "From watching Steve Young back in the day, he's that kind of quarterback."

Well, both did have concussions that finished their playing days in San Francisco (Smith got to continue here and Young retired). Smith also had the Catch III as Young had Catch II. Both Young and Smith played for the Niners and Utah teams (though Alex Smith is not a Mormon). Both are smart (Young graduated from law school after NFL).

;)

Sweet Daddy Hate 05-15-2013 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9684802)
If you get the ball to Dwayne Bowe accurately and in space, he could very well lead the league in YAC.

This. Just having someone, ANYONE hit him in stride changes everything.
Posted via Mobile Device

KcMizzou 05-15-2013 05:15 PM

I heard a clip on 610 today of him. He was talking to a female reporter (Karen Kornacki, I assume.) and referred to Andy Reid as "Big Red".

She asked who came up with that nickname, and he said, "I just made it up for you, mama."

It was hilarious. Bowe was feeling his oats today.

mikey23545 05-15-2013 05:15 PM

A lot of ****ers on this board are really going to have to eat huge helpings of crow this year...

Halfcan 05-15-2013 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikey23545 (Post 9685084)
A lot of ****ers on this board are really going to have to eat huge helpings of crow this year...

Will it be the 4 people who like Alex or the rest of the board-lol

Pasta Little Brioni 05-15-2013 05:35 PM

"The Show" is back...love the enthusiasm and **** Scooter for sucking the life out of this team. If nothing else it'll be fun to be a fan again.

Mav 05-15-2013 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 9684765)
Unfortunately this rarely ends well.

It's generally better to do these things first and then brag about it.

Although I'd be excited after getting rid of Matt Cassel, too. Even if it is just Alex Smith.

except as i tried to tell people here, while hes not great, his public perception around the league, is far better than what pessimists here give him credit for.

Mav 05-15-2013 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9684802)
If you get the ball to Dwayne Bowe accurately and in space, he could very well lead the league in YAC.

Alex Smiths best ability as a qb is this. No doubt in my mind he and Bowe, will excel
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 9684853)
Good. He is clearly fired up and excited over the new regime, and the new QB. That's what I want out of my star players. I want them excited, and hungry, and ready to go prove it. It's infectious, and outstanding for the entire locker room. This is nothing but good IMO.

Hell yes, its a new lease on life for the chiefs.
Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteWhale (Post 9684907)
If you look at it from Bowe's shoes... it's a big difference.

Say what you want about Alex Smith, but he's better than Cassel, Quinn, Thigpen, Croyle, and Huard. That's pretty much the list of QB's Bowe has played with right?

I mean stale bread tastes pretty good if you haven't had a meal in 10 days. I'm not surprised he's excited. He should probably temper them though. It's the KC tight ends who should be celebrating.

Alex Smith the last two years has thrown more to the receivers, than backs or tight ends. Although, the chiefs have a very nice set of tight ends.....
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 9685050)
Michael Crabtree says - maybe not.

Michael Crabtree, is not Dwayne Bowe. No where close. Im a niner fan, i will take Bowe every day of the week over Crabtree.

siberian khatru 05-15-2013 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KcMizzou (Post 9685083)
I heard a clip on 610 today of him. He was talking to a female reporter (Karen Kornacki, I assume.) and referred to Andy Reid as "Big Red".

She asked who came up with that nickname, and he said, "I just made it up for you, mama."

It was hilarious. Bowe was feeling his oats today.

Holy shit ROFL

OrtonsPiercedTaint 05-15-2013 06:10 PM

Bowe and Hali need their own weekly radio show together. They seem to be opposites, that just may work well against each other.

okcchief 05-15-2013 06:29 PM

I like it!

Matt Cassel was awful so I'm sure any change makes him feel like he can conquer the World. Here's hoping he's right!