ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life *.* 2013 General Fitness Thread *.* (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268371)

Silock 06-25-2013 02:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9773862)
Does anyone else think that this thread would be much cooler if hot chicks were discussing their bodies and providing topless pics?

:shrug:

Undoubtedly. This thread has homoerotic tendencies, of which I'm a huge catalyst.

Consistent1 06-25-2013 03:16 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9773862)
Does anyone else think that this thread would be much cooler if hot chicks were discussing their bodies and providing topless pics?

:shrug:

For sure. I got called out so what.....haha. Drink more bourbon is the tip for today.

Consistent1 06-25-2013 03:23 AM

4 in the mornin, came without a warnin, I'm sure Dane's got the rest of the lyrics for me. Bedtime, it'll be too early anyway

Silock 06-25-2013 03:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Consistent1 (Post 9773874)
For sure. I got called out so what.....haha. Drink more bourbon is the tip for today.

Is that supposed to be the current pic, or another one?

Consistent1 06-25-2013 03:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silock (Post 9773879)
Is that supposed to be the current pic, or another one?

You decide homey

Silock 06-25-2013 04:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Consistent1 (Post 9773882)
You decide homey

It appears to be older than current (2011), which is why I asked.

Consistent1 06-25-2013 04:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silock (Post 9773885)
It appears to be older than current (2011), which is why I asked.

You are getting straight up scary. That picture is from last year in July. I don't do gay for pay. lol

Silock 06-25-2013 04:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Consistent1 (Post 9773893)
You are getting straight up scary. That picture is from last year in July. I don't do gay for pay. lol

The picture itself says it's from 2011. I'm just asking if you have a current one.

Aspengc8 06-25-2013 07:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Consistent1 (Post 9773874)

Where dem wheels at brah?

NewChief 06-25-2013 07:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Consistent1 (Post 9773842)
I'm not trying to be a smartass with you, but I just don't break down things to a level it doesn't need to be at. I could say 30/30/150 Remember. If ya get it. You are doing great bro, I just wouldn't take things down to like 1200, no point in that because you have gained muscle that was not easy to do. You will lose the muscle with whatever fat goes to a degree. Not liking sweet stuff and desserts helps. Meat and veggies will do you right.

Here's the deal: you're coming in here without any knowledge of what's going on and acting like Silock is some kind of dumbass. He's probably better read and more heavily researched than you on this topic. The shit he's doing is an experiment. It's not intended as advice for anyone else or as an example of the best way to get ripped or an ideal body. It's just something he was interested in trying out. You're acting like an asshole.

epitome1170 06-25-2013 09:06 AM

In an effort to get this thread back on topic (and at risk of being blasted for being a blob):

Over the last couple of years, I have steadily let my laziness and eating habits get the best of me (along with the fact that I tend to gain sympathy weight when my wife is pregnant... 2nd kid coming in September). My weight has ballooned up to 255 from my rather comfortable 220ish that I had been previously. (FYI I am 6'4")

In an effort to take back my self respect and be able to play games with my son without getting winded, I decided that I am going to start working out and eating right again. I would love to get your kids feedback on this plan to see how I can improve it (or if I am doing too much or eating too little).

My diet will be a high protein, low carb, low calorie diet consisting of mainly chicken, eggs, green veggies and protein shakes. I have done it before with success and know that my daily intake is 1200 calories, 160g protein, 12g of carbs. I also take dietary fiber to keep me regular along with plenty of water to keep me hydrated.

My workouts will consist of a quick morning workout (2 mile run and some calisthenics-based resistance training) and the evening workout will be mainly the P90X regimen. I have done this combination previously as well with success, but would love to hear your thoughts before I dive back into it.

Blast away.

NewChief 06-25-2013 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by epitome1170 (Post 9774171)
In an effort to get this thread back on topic (and at risk of being blasted for being a blob):

Over the last couple of years, I have steadily let my laziness and eating habits get the best of me (along with the fact that I tend to gain sympathy weight when my wife is pregnant... 2nd kid coming in September). My weight has ballooned up to 255 from my rather comfortable 220ish that I had been previously. (FYI I am 6'4")

In an effort to take back my self respect and be able to play games with my son without getting winded, I decided that I am going to start working out and eating right again. I would love to get your kids feedback on this plan to see how I can improve it (or if I am doing too much or eating too little).

My diet will be a high protein, low carb, low calorie diet consisting of mainly chicken, eggs, green veggies and protein shakes. I have done it before with success and know that my daily intake is 1200 calories, 160g protein, 12g of carbs. I also take dietary fiber to keep me regular along with plenty of water to keep me hydrated.

My workouts will consist of a quick morning workout (2 mile run and some calisthenics-based resistance training) and the evening workout will be mainly the P90X regimen. I have done this combination previously as well with success, but would love to hear your thoughts before I dive back into it.

Blast away.

You'll definitely lose a hell of a lot of weight on that. I'm a little dubious on the 1200 calories a day, because that's a really small amount, especially for a guy of your size. If you can do it, though, more power to you.

I'm sure others may suggest a better routine than p90x, but I think that it will suffice for your goals. I will say that there are more efficient (time wise) workouts than p90x that will give you most of the same benefits.

jiveturkey 06-25-2013 09:12 AM

If you're going low carb you should up your fat intake IMO.

The problem with a consistent low calorie approach is your thyroid can down regulate, which leads to a bunch of other issues.

You can do the low calorie thing every now and then but mix in high calorie days so your body doesn't think you're in starvation mode.

I personally do this via a "carb backload", which means twice a week I pound the carbs (post workout).

epitome1170 06-25-2013 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief (Post 9774174)
You'll definitely lose a hell of a lot of weight on that. I'm a little dubious on the 1200 calories a day, because that's a really small amount, especially for a guy of your size. If you can do it, though, more power to you.

I'm sure others may suggest a better routine than p90x, but I think that it will suffice for your goals. I will say that there are more efficient (time wise) workouts than p90x that will give you most of the same benefits.

I understand the skepticism of the diet. To break it down:

Breakfast - 6 egg whites, 1 oz of cheese for the eggs, spinach (chopped for the eggs), 2 slices of turkey bacon.

Mid- Morning - Protein Shake with Water

Lunch - Chicken Breast (6 oz), Broccoli (1 cup)

Mid- Afternoon - Protein Shake with Water

Post Workout - Protein Shake with Water

Dinner- Chicken Breast (6 oz), Broccoli (1 cup)

This can get monotonous obviously, so when I need to I substitute green beans for broccoli and pork loin, shrimp or another lean meat for the chicken that has equivalent nutritional values.

The big consumption (as far as calorie intake) is the three protein shakes.

I agree that I am sure there is better routines than P90X for me, but I could use some guidance. Can you give me a resource that can get the same if not better workout for me in the same or less time? Time is a premium with a small kid in the house, but I have my own weight bench and dumbbells and barbells.

DaneMcCloud 06-25-2013 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silock (Post 9773864)
Undoubtedly. This thread has homoerotic tendencies, of which I'm a huge catalyst.

Just teasing you guys. :D

Seriously though, kudos!