ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games Modern Warfare 2 (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=204824)

GordonGekko 11-10-2009 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lightsout04 (Post 6251811)
I really want to get this game. But there are a lot games coming out this month I want hahaha.

Yea its a good time to be a gamer

Otter 11-10-2009 04:17 PM

I play search on destroy quiet a bit on PC. Team death match is way too anarchic w/o a solid group and free for all is just a ridiculous spam fest.

S&D is the way to go for me. Besides that I'm not overally impressed. Not a bad game at all but I'm more into small teams trying to beat one another one on one to an objective. The air strikes and helicopters are overkill in my world.

Fun no doubt, just overkill for my taste.

Buck 11-10-2009 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Otter (Post 6251838)
I play search on destroy quiet a bit on PC. Team death match is way too anarchic w/o a solid group and free for all is just a ridiculous spam fest.

S&D is the way to go for me. Besides that I'm not overally impressed. Not a bad game at all but I'm more into small teams trying to beat one another one on one to an objective. The air strikes and helicopters are overkill in my world.

Fun no doubt, just overkill for my taste.

My favorite is Sabotage, but I haven't got a chance to check, do they still have that mode in this game?

Sure-Oz 11-10-2009 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lightsout04 (Post 6251811)
I really want to get this game. But there are a lot games coming out this month I want hahaha.

What games are those? i'm going to buy 'god of war collection' next week

KCChiefsMan 11-10-2009 05:03 PM

man I love this game! It shows just how superior IW is to Treyarch. It's got a nice new fresh feel to the game and it's pretty intense!

Buck 11-10-2009 05:19 PM

My Roommate just bought this for PS3 so I have both at my disposal now.

http://www.gardenmob.com/snidely-whiplash.jpg

Mr. Plow 11-10-2009 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BuckinKaeding (Post 6251483)
Does anyone (n00bs mainly) want to get together tonight and play?

I'd like to run through the maps on Private Match just to get an idea. I jumped in blindly last night and got my ass handed to me by some east-coasters.

If anyone is down let me know.

I'll be getting home around 6 pacific time.

I don't consider myself a n00b, but I'd definitely run through some private matches with you. If for no other reason, than to get the lay of the maps.

I started off rough today, but then got better as I started to know the layout of the maps. Knowing the maps is a BIG advantage.

Mr. Plow 11-10-2009 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kraus (Post 6251568)
I've been playing mostly multiplayer so far with a little spec ops thrown in. Right now my K/D is sitting around 1.65. I still haven't seen Mr. Plow on so I can kick his ass.

Call me the idiot. But I logged in under "Show as offline" to avoid this one kid wanting to do MP at 9am....I wanted to run through campaign first and then forgot to change it back.

I'll be back online later tonight though....I'm going to drug the wife and kids so they go to bed early.

Buck 11-10-2009 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 6252103)
I don't consider myself a n00b, but I'd definitely run through some private matches with you. If for no other reason, than to get the lay of the maps.

I started off rough today, but then got better as I started to know the layout of the maps. Knowing the maps is a BIG advantage.

I wouldn't call myself a FPS or COD n00b, just a MW2 n00b.

Luckily you got to play all day.

I've been sitting in my office day dreaming about MW2 all day.

Mr. Plow 11-10-2009 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BuckinKaeding (Post 6252118)
I wouldn't call myself a FPS or COD n00b, just a MW2 n00b.

Luckily you got to play all day.

I've been sitting in my office day dreaming about MW2 all day.

Well, in that case, I will try to be on around 9:30p CST if you're - or anyone - is interested.

Buck 11-10-2009 07:08 PM

I am a time n00b.

Is CST 2 hours ahead of Pacific?

crispystl 11-10-2009 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TinyEvel (Post 6239823)
KDR sober 1.4
. drunk .58

Agreed

Basileus777 11-10-2009 07:24 PM

The whole voice/party chat situation with this game is an abomination.

Buck 11-10-2009 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Basileus777 (Post 6252285)

Is it on all modes or just Search and Destroy and Hardcore modes?

If its on Team Deathmatch, that sucks.

Kraus 11-10-2009 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 6252207)
Well, in that case, I will try to be on around 9:30p CST if you're - or anyone - is interested.

I'll be on around 11:30 p.m. CST... stupid work.

I still haven't even started single player yet. SpecOps and Multiplayer are too much fun.

Buck 11-10-2009 07:36 PM

I'll be on from 6:30 PST to about 12:00 AM PST (or later). I think this translates into 8:30 CST - 2:00 AM CST

JD10367 11-10-2009 07:49 PM

Left work in my mall at 11:30pm. The line in front of Gamestop went down to the end of the mall. Damn.

007 11-10-2009 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Basileus777 (Post 6252285)

Yeah my son is griping about that as well. I guess they had a lot of problems with people doing party chat while on two different teams.

DBOSHO 11-11-2009 02:40 AM

I like this game, but campers piss me THE **** OFF.

Everyone camps in this game....

Buck 11-11-2009 03:13 AM

well it took a while but my kdr is over 1.00 yay

007 11-11-2009 03:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DBOSHO (Post 6252945)

Watching my son play I noticed how people would hide in corners and just pick you off with headshots. I was surprised how many dead corners IW put in this game.

KCChiefsMan 11-11-2009 04:34 AM

in hardcore, that's all anybody has ever done is camp. It's why I stopped playing that mode

MVChiefFan 11-11-2009 08:46 AM

Ok, I've got a problem. I made it to hardcore team deathmatch and now, for some reason, the name title and badge does not pop up when I kill someone. It does when I get killed but when I drop somebody nothing pops up on my screen. This sucks when you're shooting a guy in a window and don't know if he's dead or not. The running kills info in the lower left of the screen goes too fast to always see if you got the kill. It's really getting annoying. Has anyone else had this problem or know how to fix it?

WhitiE 11-11-2009 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCChiefsMan (Post 6252985)
in hardcore, that's all anybody has ever done is camp. It's why I stopped playing that mode

thats because its more "life like" so you dont run out there like a moron you camp and move tactfully from building to building depending on the map.

WhitiE 11-11-2009 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MVChiefFan (Post 6253130)
Ok, I've got a problem. I made it to hardcore team deathmatch and now, for some reason, the name title and badge does not pop up when I kill someone. It does when I get killed but when I drop somebody nothing pops up on my screen. This sucks when you're shooting a guy in a window and don't know if he's dead or not. The running kills info in the lower left of the screen goes too fast to always see if you got the kill. It's really getting annoying. Has anyone else had this problem or know how to fix it?

thats the way it is in hardcore. theres no HUD. so you dont see things like that and you also dont know how much ammo you have

TinyEvel 11-11-2009 09:09 AM

Heh, I played SP for about 20 minutes (the opt-out scene is definitely brutal. I cannot believe they went for it with this game OMG!)

The MP it does seem like fewer bullets to kill someone. from the maps I played they seem more chaotic...much more maze-like with open areas and lots of elevation. Much more confusing. THe COD4 maps seemed to have more long runs and flow areas these seem like more of a labrynth.

THere must be people on there who've had the game for a while because there were SICK KDR imbalances. One guy had 48 kills, 6 deaths. THis MP will take a while to get used to for me. Lots of new stuff to figure out, which is good, I think.

MVChiefFan 11-11-2009 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhitiE (Post 6253151)
thats the way it is in hardcore. theres no HUD. so you dont see things like that and you also dont know how much ammo you have

I agree with you on you're earlier post on "camping". It's strategy for crying out loud. However, what you're saying here is not the case. I'm a veteran of hardcore on COD4, I know how it works. Also, me and three other friends were playing MW2 hardcore last night and this was working for two of them and not for me and the other dude. I might not be making myself clear on what's happening. You know when you get killed or kill somebody it pops up an "acknowledgement" that you did it and who it was that you either killed or killed you? That's what I'm NOT getting.

Mr. Plow 11-11-2009 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DBOSHO (Post 6252945)

Give it some time, everyone is still getting used to the maps. I know that instead of me running from the get go to get the spot where the enemy initially come, I'm taking a slower approach because honestly I don't know which direction the enemy is coming from.

Mr. Plow 11-11-2009 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TinyEvel (Post 6253167)
The MP it does seem like fewer bullets to kill someone. from the maps I played they seem more chaotic...much more maze-like with open areas and lots of elevation. Much more confusing. THe COD4 maps seemed to have more long runs and flow areas these seem like more of a labrynth.

Exactly - tons of different routes around the maps means no place is really safe.

ChiefsNWildcats 11-11-2009 09:31 AM

I haven't even sniffed the MP part of the game. I like to go through the SP first. So I will be getting crushed after that I am sure with everyone learning the maps now.

The SP missions are intense! That one in the slums of Rio De Janeiro especially. Seemed like I was getting blasted from every direction. And the snowstorm one was alot of fun.

I agree the "opt out" mission is very brutal. Definately hits close to home with the terrorism going on as of late. The end of it though seems to be an important part of the storyline. Guess if you don't get offended easily, you should do that mission.

Ceej 11-11-2009 09:32 AM

Slim chance I may pick this up after class tonight.

Priest31kc 11-11-2009 09:39 AM

One gripe about this game: the invites. Why did they change it? It was soooooo much easier and quicker than it is now. AND, its not even working. My friend and I tried inviting each other like 20 times, and it didn't work. Hopefully they fix this because I enjoy playing w/ my friends.

BigChiefFan 11-11-2009 09:45 AM

I can't get online this morning. Ugh.

Shag 11-11-2009 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MVChiefFan (Post 6253168)
I agree with you on you're earlier post on "camping". It's strategy for crying out loud. However, what you're saying here is not the case. I'm a veteran of hardcore on COD4, I know how it works. Also, me and three other friends were playing MW2 hardcore last night and this was working for two of them and not for me and the other dude. I might not be making myself clear on what's happening. You know when you get killed or kill somebody it pops up an "acknowledgement" that you did it and who it was that you either killed or killed you? That's what I'm NOT getting.

I'm one level short of unlocking hardcore, but I imagine what you are describing is intended behavior. In COD4, you did not get any sort of kill confirmation (such as a points display, as in normal mode), which is likely the point. Hardcore takes away all the visual crutches of the game, one of which is those displays.

As for camping being a strategy, that's kind of BS, IMHO. Sitting in a corner and waiting for someone to run by you is not strategy. Moving slowly and tactically, finding good fire points that cover lots of ground or key contact points, working with a team to effectively cover each other - those are strategies.

I think a lot of people think if you're not running-and-gunning that you're camping. But, there's a big gap between run-and-gun and camping - that's the type of play that makes for the best matches, IMHO.

johnnykev 11-11-2009 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shag (Post 6253251)
I'm one level short of unlocking hardcore, but I imagine what you are describing is intended behavior. In COD4, you did not get any sort of kill confirmation (such as a points display, as in normal mode), which is likely the point. Hardcore takes away all the visual crutches of the game, one of which is those displays.

As for camping being a strategy, that's kind of BS, IMHO. Sitting in a corner and waiting for someone to run by you is not strategy. Moving slowly and tactically, finding good fire points that cover lots of ground or key contact points, working with a team to effectively cover each other - those are strategies.

I think a lot of people think if you're not running-and-gunning that you're camping. But, there's a big gap between run-and-gun and camping - that's the type of play that makes for the best matches, IMHO.

It's not "intended behavior" man, it worked fine on hardcore during the same games for me, but not for MVChiefFan. So it's not something that everyone's experiencing as "intended" once again. So anyone with actual knowledge rather than some assumption that's obviously wrong that could help out, that would be appreciated.

As for you saying camping isn't a strategy and it's BS in your opinion, try telling that to anyone in a combat situation. They're probably gonna say it's a good idea. They like high K/D ratios in the armed services I'm betting.

Sitting in a corner is a strategy, it's not what we do, but it's a strategy. Honestly, it sounds like you've been lit up by some folks sitting in a corner and you're just sour about it. That's cool man, it pisses me off too, but I work around it and don't police someone that chooses to play that way.

MVChiefFan 11-11-2009 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shag (Post 6253251)

Several things to disagree with here. For one, people call "camping" anything that's not running around like a douchebag and shooting from the hip. I wish people would quit trying to police how other people play. I paid $60 just like everyone else if I wanna sit in a f****** corner and shoot people and go 5-1 then that's what I'm gonna do.

As for the other thing, I don't know what you guys aren't understanding here. I'm the king of hardcore, I know how it works like the back of my hand. In COD4 when you shoot somebody it says in big white letters at the bottom of your screen in "you killed so and so". In this game when you kill someone it pulls up their title and says "you killed so and so". Mine is not saying this and my two clan buddies screens ARE saying this. This isn't about HUDS or "intended behavior". This is a problem that I need fixed.

BigChiefFan 11-11-2009 10:12 AM

Anybody else having problems with the games server? I can't get online to play this game, but I can get online everywhere else. ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

Priest31kc 11-11-2009 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigChiefFan (Post 6253279)
Anybody else having problems with the games server? I can't get online to play this game, but I can get online everywhere else. ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

I havent been on yet today, but Im on the PS3 Call of Duty forum, and everyone is having problems getting on.

Mr. Plow 11-11-2009 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigChiefFan (Post 6253279)

Just a wild guess, but it might just be traffic on their servers - which I expected, but was pleasantly surprised I didn't have any issues yesterday.

Mr. Plow 11-11-2009 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CJizzles (Post 6253212)
Slim chance I may pick this up after class tonight.

Priorities man...priorities.

Shag 11-11-2009 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnnykev (Post 6253263)
It's not "intended behavior" man, it worked fine on hardcore during the same games for me, but not for MVChiefFan. So it's not something that everyone's experiencing as "intended" once again. So anyone with actual knowledge rather than some assumption that's obviously wrong that could help out, that would be appreciated.

As for you saying camping isn't a strategy and it's BS in your opinion, try telling that to anyone in a combat situation. They're probably gonna say it's a good idea. They like high K/D ratios in the armed services I'm betting.

Sitting in a corner is a strategy, it's not what we do, but it's a strategy. Honestly, it sounds like you've been lit up by some folks sitting in a corner and you're just sour about it. That's cool man, it pisses me off too, but I work around it and don't police someone that chooses to play that way.

Wow, what's up your ass? Piss off.

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Iv9X4bgg-IU&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Iv9X4bgg-IU&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

No badge/title displays on kills in that video.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/3jXv1rqlDVE&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/3jXv1rqlDVE&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Or that one.

And I can guarantee you nobody in combat sits with their back to a wall, waiting for someone to walk in front of them. Military TEAMS move as an organized unit, with a purpose.

I don't give two shits about campers - they don't bother me, and are easy to kill. And who's policing anyone? Play however you want - I don't care. Doesn't change the fact that camping is not a "strategy".

DBOSHO 11-11-2009 10:41 AM

Camping takes all the fun out of the game. If everyone stayed in a corner and waited, everygame would last 15 minutes. Its strategy, but its a bullshit strategy that takes next to no skill to pull off.

Bottom line...camping is for pussies.

johnnykev 11-11-2009 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shag (Post 6253312)

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Iv9X4bgg-IU&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Iv9X4bgg-IU&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/3jXv1rqlDVE&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/3jXv1rqlDVE&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Or that one.

And I can guarantee you nobody in combat sits with their back to a wall, waiting for someone to walk in front of them. Military TEAMS move as an organized unit, with a purpose.

I don't give two shits about campers - they don't bother me, and are easy to kill. And who's policing anyone? Play however you want - I don't care. Doesn't change the fact that camping is not a "strategy".

Apparently you do care how people play or you wouldn't have posted what you did. As for the videos, that's what my buddy is seeing, but the names and titles pop up on mine. So maybe my brother and I are the odd ones out on this as his pops up too. You haven't played hardcore, so your assumptions have no purpose in aiding what's going on here.

You're right, I highly doubt the military sits with their back to a wall waiting for someone to walk in front of them. But I guarantee they watch sight lines waiting for enemies to pass while having their backs watched by walls or corners or other soldiers and that's what MVCheifFan and I do but then get called out by douchebags for camping.

Maybe you and I have a problem in our definitions. And if that's the case, I apologize, but I don't take back what I said. What's a strategy in this game? It's an intentional way of playing, with a purpose. Even those guys that sit in a corner have a purpose for what they're doing. Ignore them, shoot them, I don't care. They're playing with what they think works for them, so they're using a strategy. But maybe you've got some other definition.

This stick up my ass is from people like you jumping on us for how we play. It's ridiculous to assume I'm gonna play like you. I don't jump down your throat for how you play, so don't jump down mine for how I play.

MVChiefFan 11-11-2009 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shag (Post 6253312)

Or that one.

The problem is people DO try to police it. I can't even count how many times I've been in one of my "spots" and have six kills in a row and one of my teammates shoots me in the back because they're mad that I'm not running around. Running around is not fun to me.

BigChiefFan 11-11-2009 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 6253301)
Just a wild guess, but it might just be traffic on their servers - which I expected, but was pleasantly surprised I didn't have any issues yesterday.

I had zero issues yesterday. I haven't been able to long on to their server in an hour and a half today. :cuss::cuss:

johnnykev 11-11-2009 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigChiefFan (Post 6253428)
I had zero issues yesterday. I haven't been able to long on to their server in an hour and a half today. :cuss::cuss:

Man that sucks, I hope that it's back up and working quickly for ya. A day without Modern Warfare is a sad day.

Mr. Plow 11-11-2009 11:02 AM

Quote:

I didn't either, but it was just a thought. Has to be some sort of an issue with their servers or it would be affecting all games.

Priest31kc 11-11-2009 11:02 AM

Quote:

yeah I think the Activision servers are down. Its a problem with Activision and Infinity Ward.

IW said they are going to release a patch before or on Friday to fix the party invite problems.

AndChiefs 11-11-2009 11:25 AM

My Xbox is sitting in red ring of death mode.

Buck 11-11-2009 11:52 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Do you guys consider this camping?

You are the green dot (on the left) you kill the red dot thats to your right and you start to run but notice someone coming around the corner up at the top of the screen. You just were in a battle and need to reload, so you cant go heads up, so you hide while you reload hoping that they come by for you to shoot them.

Is that camping?

Hays 11-11-2009 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BuckinKaeding (Post 6253562)
Do you guys consider this camping?

You are the green dot (on the left) you kill the red dot thats to your right and you start to run but notice someone coming around the corner up at the top of the screen. You just were in a battle and need to reload, so you cant go heads up, so you hide while you reload hoping that they come by for you to shoot them.

Is that camping?

No i don't consider that camping, thats good strategy

Buck 11-11-2009 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hays (Post 6253566)
No i don't consider that camping, thats good strategy

Ok just wanted to make sure that I wasn't doing anything wrong because I did that in a game last night and when we got back to the lobby someone said I was camping, but I'm the most run-n-gun player you'll ever see.

I love in this game that it gives you those badges at the end that tell you what you did most in the match, I've gotten the running one probably 10 times, and I've only played 15 matches.

A lot of my time spent running is flanking the enemy though, I don't really like shooting from the hip.

By the way, I actually don't mind campers because if you know the camping spots, a quick flash bang will pretty much make it a guaranteed kill afterwards.

johnnykev 11-11-2009 11:58 AM

Be careful Hays, that's camping to a lot people without any strategy involved. I concur with you though.

By the way, any answer to MVChiefFan's question yet?

Priest31kc 11-11-2009 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BuckinKaeding (Post 6253575)
Ok just wanted to make sure that I wasn't doing anything wrong because I did that in a game last night and when we got back to the lobby someone said I was camping, but I'm the most run-n-gun player you'll ever see.

I love in this game that it gives you those badges at the end that tell you what you did most in the match, I've gotten the running one probably 10 times, and I've only played 15 matches.

A lot of my time spent running is flanking the enemy though, I don't really like shooting from the hip.

By the way, I actually don't mind campers because if you know the camping spots, a quick flash bang will pretty much make it a guaranteed kill afterwards.

Im the same way, I always get the badge for longest time sprinting lol.

Buck 11-11-2009 12:01 PM

This is exactly what MVChiefFan is talking about.

http://games.softpedia.com/screensho...ll-House_2.jpg

Mr. Plow 11-11-2009 12:05 PM

I'm proud to say that I got 1 Most Time in One Spot and 1 Most time watching kill cams.

The first one I got on my 2nd or 3rd match. Just didn't know where to go so I just kind of sat back and watched where everyone else went and then followed.

The kill cam one I got because one guy just repeatedly killed me. To the point that I had the copy cat thing on and stole his setup. Just couldn't figure out where the hell he was.

Campers really don't bother me. They may get me once, but they won't get me the second time.

Buck 11-11-2009 12:10 PM

Does anyone know of any kind of glasses that keep your eye strain down?

My eyes are so dry and itchy and burning right now, its not even funny.

Mr. Plow 11-11-2009 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BuckinKaeding (Post 6253612)
Does anyone know of any kind of glasses that keep your eye strain down?

My eyes are so dry and itchy and burning right now, its not even funny.

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:J...nnyGlasses.jpg

Mr. Plow 11-11-2009 12:15 PM

http://image.orientaltrading.com/otcimg/83_347.jpg

AndChiefs 11-11-2009 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BuckinKaeding (Post 6253575)

I get accused of camping fairly often when I destroy people. I ask two questions about it.

1) How did I get over 30 kills camping?
2) How did I kill you all over the map while camping?

I have yet to receive a good answer to those questions.

Buck 11-11-2009 01:08 PM

By the way I was looking at the Leaderboards where it sorts all your friends on a bunch a different stuff....

The highest KDR of all my friends who have played was 1.36

And I have some really good friends on there, that was a bit surprising.

Buck 11-11-2009 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndChiefs (Post 6253760)
I get accused of camping fairly often when I destroy people. I ask two questions about it.

1) How did I get over 30 kills camping?
2) How did I kill you all over the map while camping?

I have yet to receive a good answer to those questions.

Because you obviously cheated....
;)

AndChiefs 11-11-2009 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BuckinKaeding (Post 6253771)
Because you obviously cheated....
;)

Oddly enough no one got the answer right until now.

Congratulations on figuring out my trick. Now don't tell anyone.

TinyEvel 11-11-2009 01:13 PM

What I hate the absolute most is this friggen GLAMPING in MW2.

I was in a MP match last night and I walked into the burnt out hangar when BAM! I get killed immediately. Then on the killcam I see there's a guy up on the second floor balcony with aromatherapy candles, a featherbed, a BOSE iPod dock playing Kenny G, ice water with lime in it. Catered food. TOTAL BULL$HIT!

TrickyNicky 11-11-2009 01:55 PM

All I want is a thermal m16 and a glock with extended mags. Almost there.

BigChiefFan 11-11-2009 04:07 PM

Their server has been down all day. What a bunch of crap.

Fritz88 11-11-2009 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BuckinKaeding (Post 6228631)
Thats probably to prevent cheating.

say wha?

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/5MdSwgKtSYg&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/5MdSwgKtSYg&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Buck 11-11-2009 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fritz88 (Post 6254144)
say wha?

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/5MdSwgKtSYg&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/5MdSwgKtSYg&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

In case you are playing something like Search and Destroy and you and your buds are on opposite teams, so you die and then tell all your buddies where to find and kill the teammates you are playing with.

Buck 11-11-2009 04:24 PM

What exactly is going on in that video anyways?

Basileus777 11-11-2009 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BuckinKaeding (Post 6254177)
What exactly is going on in that video anyways?

It's an aimbot for the PC version. Due to the lack of dedicated servers, there's now no real way to police cheating, making the PC version gimped.

Buck 11-11-2009 04:31 PM

If I go home and their server (for 360) is down I'll be pretty pissed.

QuikSsurfer 11-11-2009 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BuckinKaeding (Post 6254190)
If I go home and their server (for 360) is down I'll be pretty pissed.

Just played for about 3 hours straight.. it's good

QuikSsurfer 11-11-2009 04:44 PM

Can I have the ACOG scope AND heartbeat sensor on a weapon? I haven't unlocked the acog but I have a red dot and heart sensor on my m4a and can only equip one at a time :-/ Seems like I'm seeing a bunch of videos where people have both equipped..

Johnny Vegas 11-11-2009 05:37 PM

yea my PS3 says the servers are down after I updated the patch. ****in bullshit!!

TrickyNicky 11-11-2009 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QuikSsurfer (Post 6254211)
Can I have the ACOG scope AND heartbeat sensor on a weapon? I haven't unlocked the acog but I have a red dot and heart sensor on my m4a and can only equip one at a time :-/ Seems like I'm seeing a bunch of videos where people have both equipped..

I believe you can. Just got Bling pro which gives two secondary attachments. Hmmm, glock with silencer and extended mags, or akimbo silenced glocks. Choices, choices.

QuikSsurfer 11-11-2009 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TrickyNicky (Post 6254404)
I believe you can. Just got Bling pro which gives two secondary attachments. Hmmm, glock with silencer and extended mags, or akimbo silenced glocks. Choices, choices.

What level unlocks bling pro??

TrickyNicky 11-11-2009 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QuikSsurfer (Post 6254409)
What level unlocks bling pro??

You unlock the Bling perk, then get 200 kills with a blinged out weapon.

Buck 11-11-2009 06:04 PM

I have the Stopping Power Perk and I got Stopping Power Pro and Stopping Power Pro II.

Does that make my Stopping Power better or does it just give me XP bonuses?

TrickyNicky 11-11-2009 06:09 PM

It will eventually turn the Stopping Power Pro on, which makes your shots do extra damage to vehicles (helicopters, abandoned cars, etc.) Not really necessary, but still decent.

What kits does everyone like so far?

Buck 11-11-2009 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TrickyNicky (Post 6254481)
It will eventually turn the Stopping Power Pro on, which makes your shots do extra damage to vehicles (helicopters, abandoned cars, etc.) Not really necessary, but still decent.

What kits does everyone like so far?

Ahh I see.

Well I'm not that far along so far, I think I am at level 13 (2 hours 20 minutes of playing).

My favorite gun so far is the SCAR-H w/ the Grenade Launcher, I tried using the Red Dot sight but it just gets in the way, I used to love the red dot sight in COD4, not so much anymore.

Anyways.

SCAR-H w/ Grenade Launcer
Any Pistol
Frag Grenade
2x Flash Bang
Marathon (Unlimited sprint)
Stopping Power (Increased Bullet Damage)
Steady Aim (Increased Hip Fire Accuracy)