ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Cardinals "Official" 2011 St. Louis Cardinals Thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=239783)

BigRedChief 01-06-2011 09:41 PM

"Official" 2011 St. Louis Cardinals Thread

1 Attachment(s)
This is so unreal. We were dead. No hope. A season over. Somehow, someway we find some team chemistry and squeak into the playoffs on the last day of the season.

Only to find us facing one of the best pitching staffs assembled in years with home field advantage. We somehow, someway find a way to beat the best pitcher in baseball on the road in an elimination game.

We have to go on the road and beat the team with the best home record in baseball. A team who mortgaged their future to make this run .We somehow, someway find a way to beat them on the road and make our 18th World series trip.

We take game 1, we give away game 2 and home field advantage. Albert goes off for probably the best performance in World Series history and we take game 3 easily. Games 4 & 5 our bats fall asleep, Phone gate happens and its not looking too good.

Game 6, one of the best baseball games of all time and it takes place in a season ending go home game. Cardinals are down 2 runs in their final chance on the season, twice. They are down to their final strike of the season, twice. They give up a 2 run homer in extra innings. In the bottom of the inning their final 3 batters are a combined 3-26 in the Playoffs and a pitcher because the bench is empty. Somehow, someway they get some runners on and the comeback player of the year drives in the tying run. Mr. Freese hits the walk off home run. We will see you tommorrow night.

Game 7, With our bulldog on the mound pitching on 3 days rest he is able to give us 6 good innings and get us to within 9 outs of our 11 World series title. Texas meltsdown, probably left over from last nights game and its over.

The underdog, come back team who had no business even being in the playoffs wins a World championship. They make movies about events like this in life. Events that you remember even if your not a fan of the sport or team for the rest of your life.

When it is your team.......Priceless

.http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/signa...gpic7293_9.gif

WebGem 01-06-2011 09:41 PM

GO BLUE JAYS!!!!!!!

Rams Fan 01-06-2011 09:44 PM

Cards won't win the division unless their defense is mediocre.

WebGem 01-06-2011 09:44 PM

Staying on track though, and with an unbiased opinion, I will say that St. Louis edges out Cinci for the Central crown this year. It could really go either way, though.

Rams Fan 01-06-2011 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsFan5840 (Post 7327381)
Staying on track though, and with an unbiased opinion, I will say that St. Louis edges out Cinci for the Central crown this year. It could really go either way, though.

Cincy had tons of breaks last year. It's not Cincy I'm worried about, though. It's the Brewers that I'm worried about. They have a nice 3 with Greinke, Gallardo and Marcum followed by Wolf. Not bad. And if they get production from Gamel and McGhee is used in a utility role, their offense will be scary.

WebGem 01-06-2011 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rams Fan (Post 7327385)
Cincy had tons of breaks last year. It's not Cincy I'm worried about, though. It's the Brewers that I'm worried about. They have a nice 3 with Greinke, Gallardo and Marcum followed by Wolf. Not bad. And if they get production from Gamel and McGhee is used in a utility role, their offense will be scary.

Well before they got Greinke or Marcum I didn't think they'd be a serious contender in the NLC until they got a TON of help in the pitching department. Even still I'm not sold that's going to equate to a ton of help, everything's going to have to go right for them with both guys. I still say Cinci/STL will win it.

Buck 01-06-2011 09:52 PM

I heard that they moved opening day to 3/31 at 4pm EST

mohammedhali 01-06-2011 09:56 PM

I need a AL team to cheer/jeer for. Am a braves fan and won't root for another NL team, but since the Phillies are upstaging Stankees and every other elite team, I know the Braves won't stand a chance.

WebGem 01-06-2011 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mohammedhali (Post 7327406)
I need a AL team to cheer/jeer for. Am a braves fan and won't root for another NL team, but since the Phillies are upstaging Stankees and every other elite team, I know the Braves won't stand a chance.

Blue Jays

Rams Fan 01-06-2011 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 7327397)
I heard that they moved opening day to 3/31 at 4pm EST

The Padres-Cards game was always schedule for 3/31,

Buck 01-06-2011 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rams Fan (Post 7327442)
The Padres-Cards game was always schedule for 3/31,

Oh was it?

ChiefsCountry 01-06-2011 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mohammedhali (Post 7327406)

Braves Midwest - Royals.

Rams Fan 01-06-2011 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 7327452)
Oh was it?

99.99% positive. Only game that was moved(I think) was the Giants-Dodgers game.

Rams Fan 01-06-2011 10:13 PM

Buck, no way in hell the Padres win that opening series.

pr_capone 01-15-2011 06:24 PM

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=6025055

Quote:

The St. Louis Cardinals have until the opening of spring training to sign slugger Albert Pujols.