ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   The Gonzo Lounge (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Royals ***Official 2021 Royals Season Repository Thread*** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=336108)

ChiefsCountry 01-07-2021 12:01 PM

***Official 2021 Royals Season Repository Thread***
 
For all things Royals for the new year.

Free Agent Signings:
Carlos Santana
Mike Minor
Michael Taylor
Ervin Santana

Top 10 Prospects:
1 Bobby Witt Jr., SS
2 Asa Lacy, LHP
3 Daniel Lynch, LHP
4 Jackson Kowar, RHP
5 Erick Pena, OF
6 Nick Loftin, SS
7 Kyle Isbel, OF
8 Khali Lee, OF
9 Jonathan Bowlan, RHP
10 Carlos Hernedez, RHP

TLO 01-07-2021 12:01 PM

First!

ChiefsCountry 01-07-2021 12:02 PM

Indians making a blockbuster with the Mets

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">So far what we know of the New York-Cleveland blockbuster:<br><br>Mets get: SS Francisco Lindor and RHP Carlos Carrasco (as <a href="https://twitter.com/Feinsand?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@Feinsand</a> reported)<br><br>Cleveland gets: SS Andres Gimenez, RHP Josh Wolf, OF Isaiah Greene</p>&mdash; Jeff Passan (@JeffPassan) <a href="https://twitter.com/JeffPassan/status/1347236878202896384?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 7, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

cabletech94 01-07-2021 12:04 PM

First page!!!!!

Wilson8 01-07-2021 12:19 PM

BIG NEWS

Former Royals manager Ned Yost canning vegetables!

Quote:

“Well, we planted for the first time a bunch of tomatoes,” Yost said. “We planted okra, we planted cucumbers, we planted bell peppers. We planted jalapeno peppers. We planted corn in the garden. We planted squash. You know, I didn’t know, I was like, ‘Why are we planting squash,’ and then you figure out how to make the squash casserole and you figure it out. It was great.

“I learned how to can this summer. So we made our own salsa from the tomatoes. You know, we probably ate bacon and tomato sandwiches four days a week, because the tomatoes were so good. My daughter loves okra and she likes pickled okra. So we pickled okra, we make pickles, we, you know, we did the whole gamut. I’m telling you what, I’m looking forward to doing it again this year.“
From KC Star and an interview with 810 radio.

This is great news for the Royals. Boy, I am excited!

The Mets may have the Francisco Lindor trade, but we got canning vegetables.

Mecca 01-07-2021 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 15452553)
Indians making a blockbuster with the Mets

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">So far what we know of the New York-Cleveland blockbuster:<br><br>Mets get: SS Francisco Lindor and RHP Carlos Carrasco (as <a href="https://twitter.com/Feinsand?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@Feinsand</a> reported)<br><br>Cleveland gets: SS Andres Gimenez, RHP Josh Wolf, OF Isaiah Greene</p>&mdash; Jeff Passan (@JeffPassan) <a href="https://twitter.com/JeffPassan/status/1347236878202896384?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 7, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

[Passan] Reports coming in that Dolan was reported saying to fans: "Lick my entire asshole". Not a good look.

KChiefs1 01-07-2021 02:10 PM

***Official 2021 Royals Season Repository Thread***
 
Wow! Thatís an interesting trade.

I need Duncanís thoughts on this one.

I guess itís better than what the Royals got for Hosmer & Cain?

Deberg_1990 01-07-2021 02:24 PM

69 wins is my prediction!

Mecca 01-07-2021 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KChiefs1 (Post 15453004)
Wow! Thatís an interesting trade.

I need Duncanís thoughts on this one.

I guess itís better than what the Royals got for Hosmer & Cain?

It's a pretty shitty return for a guy as good as Lindor.

The Indians in 18 months traded Francisco Lindor, Trevor Bauer, Mike Clevinger, Corey Kluber and Carlos Carrasco and the returns don't even have their farm system in the top 10.

More like 12-14 range like they were last year

Also their top prospects are still a few years away besides McKenzie and maybe Nolan Jones.

Overall it's not good.

duncan_idaho 01-07-2021 04:24 PM

I don't know any way to say this other than...

The Indians are the 1990s Chiefs. It's all about extending being good/decent and they have never gone ALL IN to find pieces to fit their team and complete a championship roster.

And they keep trading off stars for high-floor guys at or near the big leagues.

I mean, if you're going to trade Lindor, you need to get at least 1 top 50 prospect type. Rosario has aged out of that, and Gimenez never was that.

The trade market sucks in general because everyone is hoarding their prospects to a stupid degree. It's frustrating.

I'll get some prospect stuff worked up for KC soon.

Mecca 01-07-2021 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 15453578)
I don't know any way to say this other than...

The Indians are the 1990s Chiefs. It's all about extending being good/decent and they have never gone ALL IN to find pieces to fit their team and complete a championship roster.

And they keep trading off stars for high-floor guys at or near the big leagues.

I mean, if you're going to trade Lindor, you need to get at least 1 top 50 prospect type. Rosario has aged out of that, and Gimenez never was that.

The trade market sucks in general because everyone is hoarding their prospects to a stupid degree. It's frustrating.

I'll get some prospect stuff worked up for KC soon.

In today's baseball if you're willing to take on salary you can acquire high level players for nothing, look at the Padres.

OKchiefs 01-08-2021 09:53 AM

I just read on Twitter that the international signing period will start next week on January 15th, rather than the usual July 2. I'm curious what IFAs we may be linked to.

ChiefsCountry 01-09-2021 10:51 AM

Schwarber to the Nationals
https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/...ls-source-says

Al Bundy 01-09-2021 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OKchiefs (Post 15455234)
I just read on Twitter that the international signing period will start next week on January 15th, rather than the usual July 2. I'm curious what IFAs we may be linked to.

So am I. Duncan any info on this?

duncan_idaho 01-09-2021 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Al Bundy (Post 15461079)
So am I. Duncan any info on this?


Quote:

Originally Posted by Al Bundy (Post 15461079)
So am I. Duncan any info on this?


They pushed it back from last July, so there will be older guys signing than normal.

The Royals are linked to Daniel Vazquez, who is a top 15 talent. Heís a SS with a lot of projectability and the D to stick. Currently is regarded as a good contact hitter who may develop power as he fills out.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:30 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.