ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Funny Stuff New Conference re-alignment thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=249847)

Pitt Gorilla 10-05-2011 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 7969409)
Well yeah. I'm just trying to see why all these MU fans want to leave so bad? Is it because of instability? Or is it just so they can say "Haha, see ya pillowbiters" like billay?

It has everything to do with stability; the fact that the quality of football is insanely high and the revenue will be very good don't hurt, but they aren't the primary reasons. MU fans don't want their school to be left out when the Big 12 crumbles, whether that's in 1, 2, or 6 years. As soon as Texas or OK decide they want to be elsewhere, the conference is as good as done. MU is simply looking around while the looking is good.

It should also be noted that they MAY stay in the Big 12, although things certainly don't appear to be currently pointing in that direction.

kchero 10-05-2011 11:16 AM

So can anyone who listened to Petro's take sum it up for me?

Pants 10-05-2011 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saulbadguy (Post 7969414)
Grass is greener.

Yeah, I was totally understanding MU wanting to leave to the SEC before the shared revenue and rights surrender deal came out. Seems kinda weird now.

mnchiefsguy 10-05-2011 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HolyHandgernade (Post 7969413)
I don't think you really get the whole "Sprint Center would no longer be in Big XII Territory" thing if MU leaves. KU, KSU and ISU are not going to fight to keep the secondary tournament revenues in SEC country. It'll move to OKC and you won't hear a voice of dissent from within the Big XII.

You'll be lucky if the SEC holds anything on the fringe of their territory. Perhaps once every four years St. Louis might get the BB Tournament. Why make a bunch of schools who work on eastern time go to a state in the central time zone?

No, I get it. What I posted was just pure specualation and what if. But you can't have it both ways. If KC is a KU town, then this IS BIG XII country, and KU should fight to keep the BBall tourney close to home. If KC is no longer Big XII country, then you have to cede the fact that KC is going to be a Mizzou town.

The SEC tourney in KC would be a long shot. I said that. Anything is possible, and a pitch should be made.

Eastern time to Central time is no big deal. Talking about an hour difference. Eastern time to Pacific time, that is a different story, but I don't folks won't tune into the SEC tourney in St. Louis because it is in the Central time zone. That is just silly.

mnchiefsguy 10-05-2011 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kchero (Post 7969429)
So can anyone who listened to Petro's take sum it up for me?

Petro said Mizzou would be crazy not to go to the SEC. He used pretty close to those exact words.

BryanBusby 10-05-2011 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 7969432)
Yeah, I was totally understanding MU wanting to leave to the SEC before the shared revenue and rights surrender deal came out. Seems kinda weird now.

Yeah, as long as you choose to ignore the 30 million advantage Texas will continue to hold for themselves.

HemiEd 10-05-2011 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by epitome1170 (Post 7969388)
Yeah I can't see that... I could see it in St. Louis.

Even that will be 200 miles North of any convenience store selling confederate flags.

epitome1170 10-05-2011 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mnchiefsguy (Post 7969440)
No, I get it. What I posted was just pure specualation and what if. But you can't have it both ways. If KC is a KU town, then this IS BIG XII country, and KU should fight to keep the BBall tourney close to home. If KC is no longer Big XII country, then you have to cede the fact that KC is going to be a Mizzou town.
The SEC tourney in KC would be a long shot. I said that. Anything is possible, and a pitch should be made.

Eastern time to Central time is no big deal. Talking about an hour difference. Eastern time to Pacific time, that is a different story, but I don't folks won't tune into the SEC tourney in St. Louis because it is in the Central time zone. That is just silly.

This

epitome1170 10-05-2011 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HemiEd (Post 7969444)
Even that will be 200 miles North of any convenience store selling confederate flags.

Everyone needs to take a vacation every once in a while to a "foreign country"

And I guess I should have said that if it is going to be in the state at all it would be in STL.

Bambi 10-05-2011 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 7969397)
yeah, It's keeping Bill up at night...worrying about getting out recruited by Missouri....

I heard he's already looking for a job in a better conference...

LMAO

mnchiefsguy 10-05-2011 11:30 AM

You can laugh Wickedson...but if the Big XII implodes and UT and OU take off, Self is gone from KU, and KU will not be able to replace him with a great coach from whatever second tier conference they land in. KU putting BBall ahead of football is going to hurt the Hawks in the end.

Bambi 10-05-2011 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 7969412)
I agree, and it wouldn't hurt KU in recruiting. Of course, it wasn't difficult to see the butthurt in Self's quote either.

What do you want him to say? That he's happy that his school's biggest rival isn't standing strong with them and looking to take any opportunity they can to leave the conference?

Like has been said, the Big 12 will be fine without MU.

The KU-MU tradition and ties with KC will not.

Bambi 10-05-2011 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mnchiefsguy (Post 7969454)
You can laugh Wickedson...but if the Big XII implodes and UT and OU take off, Self is gone from KU, and KU will not be able to replace him with a great coach from whatever second tier conference they land in. KU putting BBall ahead of football is going to hurt the Hawks in the end.

no doubt

Pants 10-05-2011 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BryanBusby (Post 7969443)
Yeah, as long as you choose to ignore the 30 million advantage Texas will continue to hold for themselves.

30 million? Is that per year?

Does the SEC not 3rd Tier rights? If they do, are they all equally shared between schools?

Saul Good 10-05-2011 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 7969394)
So conference stability was not the issue? Or are you saying that UT/OU would never sign their rights away for 12 years?

I'm saying that he's wrong about the Big XII moving to a 12-13 year rolling agreement and wrong about Mizzou staying.