ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Funny Stuff New Conference re-alignment thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=249847)

Sassy Squatch 07-27-2021 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoover (Post 15757332)
Yeah, and there are WAAAAAY more attractive AAU schools to add than Iowa State and Kansas.

The Big 10 already has shown interest in Virginia, and North Carolina.

But they would also be wise to poach the PAC 12 by going after schools like USC, Oregon, Washington, Colorado, and Arizona. If all the California Schools want to move as a block, that works too. Hell it might be easier to just accept the entire PAC 12 and keep it intact as the Pacific Division of the Big Ten.

The big question for me is does the Big 10 want to add eastern schools? There are no brainers like Notre Dame and Clemson, but Florida State would be attractive as well.

After the dust settles, then I think the Big Ten will determine if it makes sense to add Kansas, which I think would be smart. But Iowa State I just can't see what they add to the pot.

PAC 12 commissioner was talking about being interested in some kind of scheduling alliance with another conference.

tredadda 07-27-2021 10:50 AM

Quote:

Yeah, and there are WAAAAAY more attractive AAU schools to add than Iowa State and Kansas.

But they would also be wise to poach the PAC 12 by going after schools like USC, Oregon, Washington, Colorado, and Arizona. If all the California Schools want to move as a block, that works too. Hell it might be easier to just accept the entire PAC 12 and keep it intact as the Pacific Division of the Big Ten.

The big question for me is does the Big 10 want to add eastern schools? There are no brainers like Notre Dame and Clemson, but Florida State would be attractive as well.

After the dust settles, then I think the Big Ten will determine if it makes sense to add Kansas, which I think would be smart. But Iowa State I just can't see what they add to the pot.

Why would any PAC 12 school want to join the B1G? I just don't see that even being an option honestly. It's more likely the PAC 12 poaches a remnant from the ashes of the Big 12 if they choose to expand.

Raiderhater 07-27-2021 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhawhaWhat (Post 15757250)
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Now that Oklahoma &amp; Texas formally sought membership to SEC (&amp; SEC will vote 14-0 to accept the schools) to quote the great Warren Zevon, SEC will now “send their lawyers, guns &amp; money” to get them in league early in 2022</p>&mdash; Brett McMurphy (@Brett_McMurphy) <a href="https://twitter.com/Brett_McMurphy/status/1420033939729797123?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">July 27, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

So aTm is just going to go ahead and go along to get along? If I were them that show of “unity” would come with the price of an agreement that they are in a separate division/pod than UT.

Prison Bitch 07-27-2021 11:01 AM

Quote:

The BIG and PAC can’t expand because there aren’t any properties that really add more than they’d cost. ACC is locked up for 15 more years (TV rights) and nobody is leaving the SEC. so who’s left?

The only two properties with national followings are: ND football, KU basketball. The BIG has tried to get ND for decades so that’s a lost cause. And KU basketball can’t generate the 55M+ needed to make the BIG whole.

tredadda 07-27-2021 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raiderhader (Post 15757368)
So aTm is just going to go ahead and go along to get along? If I were them that show of “unity” would come with the price of an agreement that they are in a separate division/pod than UT.

What would be better would be if the SEC let those two join, but to remind UT and OU who the boss is, move them to a separate pod and prevent the yearly Red River Rivalry. It would be the ultimate boss move by the SEC and humbling for those two schools.

ping2000 07-27-2021 11:03 AM

Texas and the rest of the SWC trash schools ruined the Big 8. Now they are ruining the Big 12. **** Texas in the ass.

Discuss Thrower 07-27-2021 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raiderhader (Post 15757368)

aTm, choose-your-UGA/UF, UK, MU, OU, SCAR, UT, Vandy..?

FloridaMan88 07-27-2021 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superturtle (Post 15757293)
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">I&#39;m told Big Ten is so much more interested in AAU schools than Pac-12 is. I&#39;m told Kansas and Iowa State (both AAU members) &quot;made a run at Big Ten, but I don&#39;t know if they&#39;ll get any place,&quot; Big 12 source says.</p>&mdash; Kirk Bohls (@kbohls) <a href="https://twitter.com/kbohls/status/1420042366543613957?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">July 27, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

The Big 10 is obsessed with AAU membership... EXCEPT when it comes to the one school they most covet, Notre Lame (which isn't AAU).

Hoover 07-27-2021 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tredadda (Post 15757350)
Why would any PAC 12 school want to join the B1G? I just don't see that even being an option honestly. It's more likely the PAC 12 poaches a remnant from the ashes of the Big 12 if they choose to expand.

Because the BIG 10 is a bigger money maker than the SEC. Under what I talked about you would have a national conference that includes most of the major TV markets.

Big Ten already provides its schools with 50+ Million a year in funding, and this would make the pot even larger. Plus the Big Ten redoes its TV deal in 2023. Their first up in getting huge media money.

Maybe the PAC 12 can be the third major conference, but right now it looks like its the SEC and Big 10's game, you want to be part of those two conferences.

Eleazar 07-27-2021 11:12 AM

It seems like there will be 3 major conferences when this is over, and the Big XII remnants will be divided up. Maybe ACC takes WV when it’s over, Kansas gets into the Big Ten, and the rest end up divided between PAC, Mountain West, AAU, etc.

Mile High Mania 07-27-2021 11:13 AM

I have not read all of this, so apologies if it's a repeat or has proven to be false.

I am a lifelong Razorback fan, growing up in the old SWC days. I have always wanted a 'home and home' series with Texas. It was a shock when the Hogs left for the SEC and I'm glad they moved.

That being said, I don't think I'm a fan of admitting OU and TX. And, if I read it correctly, it would only take 4 teams voting against it to stop it. Believe that Missouri, A&M and Arkansas would all vote no... leaving just one more team to prevent it.

At the end of the day, the schools will let them in if it means the dollars for their pool increases significantly.

I don't think OU needs any help with recruiting, but joining the SEC won't hurt them aside from being able to lock in the conference title every year. Texas - they certainly need the SEC more than the SEC needs them.

Hoover 07-27-2021 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 15757378)
The BIG and PAC can’t expand because there aren’t any properties that really add more than they’d cost. ACC is locked up for 15 more years (TV rights) and nobody is leaving the SEC. so who’s left?

The only two properties with national followings are: ND football, KU basketball. The BIG has tried to get ND for decades so that’s a lost cause. And KU basketball can’t generate the 55M+ needed to make the BIG whole.

PAC 12 TV deal ends after 2023, a year after the Big Ten's deal. This is why they are the best dancing partner out there.

Plus in terms of why would the PAC 12 want to join the Big Ten. The $32 million the PAC 12 conference distributed to each of its member schools in the 2018-19 academic year was a far cry from what the SEC ($45 million per school) and Big Ten ($55 million) distributed, according to tax records.

Follow the money and you end up in the SEC and Big Ten

tredadda 07-27-2021 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mile High Mania (Post 15757405)
I have not read all of this, so apologies if it's a repeat or has proven to be false.

I am a lifelong Razorback fan, growing up in the old SWC days. I have always wanted a 'home and home' series with Texas. It was a shock when the Hogs left for the SEC and I'm glad they moved.

That being said, I don't think I'm a fan of admitting OU and TX. And, if I read it correctly, it would only take 4 teams voting against it to stop it. Believe that Missouri, A&M and Arkansas would all vote no... leaving just one more team to prevent it.

At the end of the day, the schools will let them in if it means the dollars for their pool increases significantly.

I don't think OU needs any help with recruiting, but joining the SEC won't hurt them aside from being able to lock in the conference title every year. Texas - they certainly need the SEC more than the SEC needs them.

Doubt Mizzou votes no. No reason for them to say no now that they have a comfortable home in the SEC.

Hoover 07-27-2021 11:27 AM

Nobody is going to turn down what that means to them in terms of money for their programs.

tredadda 07-27-2021 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoover (Post 15757409)
PAC 12 TV deal ends after 2023, a year after the Big Ten's deal. This is why they are the best dancing partner out there.

Plus in terms of why would the PAC 12 want to join the Big Ten. The $32 million the PAC 12 conference distributed to each of its member schools in the 2018-19 academic year was a far cry from what the SEC ($45 million per school) and Big Ten ($55 million) distributed, according to tax records.

Follow the money and you end up in the SEC and Big Ten

Perhaps, but they have an elite mindset and a lot of those schools don't feel inferior to anyone. I think the B1G has a better chance at poaching the ACC than the PAC 12.