ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Funny Stuff New Conference re-alignment thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=249847)

Bambi 09-26-2011 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 7944471)
BC would technically be a city school, but there's the fact that no - they haven't had much in the way of sustained success throughout their program's history.

BC is probably the best city school available and yet they've pretty much been career also-rans. They've had a few nice years in the last 5 or so, but just watch - they're in their 'up' cycle and they'll be back down in short order.

BC is the 'exception' that proves the rule. They're the best that the city schools have to offer and yet they're still a pretty mediocre program.

Pitt is better than BC I would think.

They are def a city school with success.

DaKCMan AP 09-26-2011 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KChiefs1 (Post 7944466)
TCU > West Virginia > Kansas State

WVU has better recruiting and TV viewership than TCU. So, again, how is TCU > WVU?

alnorth 09-26-2011 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wickedson (Post 7944448)
Gonna toss Boston College in there too, why not.

They are a city school, but I'm not sure that they help your argument.

ChiefsCountry 09-26-2011 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 7944432)
City Schools tend to be pretty lousy with a few spurts of decent play in between, especially in football. They simply can't come up with the resources to run with the big dogs with any regularity.

Louisville has a larger athletic budget than Mizzou does.

alnorth 09-26-2011 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eazyb81 (Post 7944472)
Really? Mizzou's 6 million residents and two top 30 metro cities are not a big deal in TV contract negotiations? Losing the second most popular school in Texas, which features 25 million residents, is not a big deal?

You should stick to starting Royals threads.

Texas A&M is not even close to driving the bus in Texas. MU and TA&M are replaceable, in terms of not impacting the contract. People around the country are curious about OU and UT games. Hardly anyone outside the Midwest cares about Mizzou, and Kansas City is a KU town.

KChiefs1 09-26-2011 12:27 PM

TCU isn't a better option than WVU?

Travel expenses?
Recruiting area?
TV?

Locking up the Dallas/Ft Worth area compared to West Virginia?

What am I missing?????

|Zach| 09-26-2011 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alnorth (Post 7944481)
Texas A&M is not even close to driving the bus in Texas. MU and TA&M are replaceable, in terms of not impacting the contract. People around the country are curious about OU and UT games. Hardly anyone outside the Midwest cares about Mizzou, and Kansas City is a KU town.

Who exactly...apples to apples will the B12 easily replace if Missouri where to leave.

Bambi 09-26-2011 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alnorth (Post 7944476)
They are a city school, but I'm not sure that they help your argument.

Point is that Louisville is very qualified to be in this conference and if were up to me they'd be one of the top schools targeted in order for the conference to get back to 10.

They have more accomplishments on the field than many of the schools in this conference. Not sure why being located in a city should be a deterrent.

Bambi 09-26-2011 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by |Zach| (Post 7944485)
Who exactly...apples to apples will the B12 easily replace if Missouri where to leave.

Louisville, BYU, TCU, etc etc

alnorth 09-26-2011 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by |Zach| (Post 7944485)

My argument is that Texas and OU account for well over 80% of the reason why the Big 12 can command huge contracts. Perhaps even over 90%.

To the extent that losing Mizzou or TA&M hurts at all, they are mostly replaceable (especially with BYU, which has a national following) for an almost-irrelevant slice.

DaKCMan AP 09-26-2011 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KChiefs1 (Post 7944484)
TCU isn't a better option than WVU?

Travel expenses?
Recruiting area?
TV?

Locking up the Dallas/Ft Worth area compared to West Virginia?

What am I missing?????

You're missing that WVU gets better recruiting classes and has close to 3 times as much viewership as TCU.

KChiefs1 09-26-2011 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alnorth (Post 7944481)

Exactly why MU should go to the SEC.

Saul Good 09-26-2011 12:31 PM

1. Boston College doesn't have a history of sustained achievement in football.

2. They are a private Jesuit school.

3. The best examples of successful city schools are all in the Big East. They are only successful at all because they play each other.

Pitt Gorilla 09-26-2011 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alnorth (Post 7944490)
My argument is that Texas and OU account for well over 80% of the reason why the Big 12 can command huge contracts. Perhaps even over 90%.

To the extent that losing Mizzou or TA&M hurts at all, they are mostly replaceable (especially with BYU, which has a national following) for an almost-irrelevant slice.

If true, that clears the legal obstacles to joining the SEC.

alnorth 09-26-2011 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KChiefs1 (Post 7944492)
Exactly why MU should go to the SEC.

where they will be about as relevant as Arkansas.