ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Teicher:Prodded by Andy Reid, Chiefs QB Alex Smith learning to be more aggressive (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=273618)

Mav 06-17-2013 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 9757020)
This is who we are and what we do.

At this point I don't even know why I let myself get angry about it...

Im addressing you because I actually have a healthy respect for your posting, but the fact that people cant even let these guys get to camp, before having this same ol bullshit here we go again routine, is just silly to me.

I understand the frustration of not having a qb to call your own, but lets be real, there is already talks that Mark Sanchez is going to be the starting qb in NY, and we wont know much else about Ej Manuel until preseason, so there really weren't that many options. All the chiefs front office knew for sure, is that what you had, was not working, so they had to go a different direction.

I don't know, for me, I would at least wait to start abusing my liver until I saw some games.....

BigMeatballDave 06-17-2013 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 9757016)
Bleeding Vagina because I hate a 30 year old broke dick injury prone noodle arm game manager QB we gave up two draft picks for?

by all means.

Why are you still a fan? Why are you here? Do you and others think you are Holier than Thou?
Is it your agenda you are trying to push? Are you try to make sure everyone hate Alex Smith? If so, do you realize how ****ing stupid that is? I'm always a wait and see guy.

Mav 06-17-2013 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 9757034)
Your argument is, let me get this straight:

That 8 years, it has never been the #1 overall draft picks fault, it was every single circumstance around him. Owners, coaches, players, schemes. Everything. 8 years that a franchise spent on a #1 overall pick to rely on carrying them, and it was NEVER his fault. So that nice inflated #1 draft slot contract he had and everything else. Not him.

So hes not a bust in your eyes? Cause everything around him for his career has held poor Alex back

that's your argument then? The coaches, systems and players around him sucked and he couldnt turn the franchise around being a #1 overall pick playing the most important position in the sport.

That's your defense of him.

Well, no. I have never been one to soley dismiss alex smith from the blame of anything. But, to take your point of view with it, is RIDICULOUS. Like situation, and stability, and talent around your first overall pick doesn't matter.

Look at the Elite qbs. What do they all have in common? Stability?

Look at Drew Brees, his stability, the way they are constantly upgrading the talent around him, how about Aaron Rodgers? He has been driving a Ferrari from the word go in Green Bay, compared to the talent he has had since becoming a starter, to what Alex Smith has had collectively at any time, from front office to the last player on the roster, is a Ford Pinto. Can you even attempt to argue that?

Are you telling me that there is no correlation to the entire team around Tom Brady, Joe Flacco, Aaron Rodgers, and Drew Brees? Can you honestly tell me that with the constant coaching changes, the poorly run management the lack of talent on the offensive side of the ball, that someone like Alex Smith was supposed to over come that? I know the reason that Alex Smith went first overall. And it wasn't Talent. Aaron Rodgers was MORE talented than Alex Smith. The experts knew it, the 49ers knew it, but the head coach, Mike Nolan, didn't like Aaron Rodgers attitude, and the 49ers front office, IE JOHN YORK, didn't want to pay Aaron Rodgers what Aaron Rodgers agents were wanting, which significantly more than Alex Smith. No, Alex Smith is not a franchise qb, no Alex Smith can not win on his own. But, you can not show me ONE single qb who can, and if Alex Smith is not on the qb level of the elite qbs, how could he ever even remotely be successful without the other pieces in place?

Now, if you can disagree with anything I have said right there, you are doing nothing more than trolling, and your mind is made up completely about Alex Smith, which is fine. Im not going to try to change your mind, but as an "alex homer" as you put it, im at least going to try to state the obvious.

mcaj22 06-17-2013 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maverick91579 (Post 9757069)
Well, no. I have never been one to soley dismiss alex smith from the blame of anything. But, to take your point of view with it, is RIDICULOUS. Like situation, and stability, and talent around your first overall pick doesn't matter.

Look at the Elite qbs. What do they all have in common? Stability?

Look at Drew Brees, his stability, the way they are constantly upgrading the talent around him, how about Aaron Rodgers? He has been driving a Ferrari from the word go in Green Bay, compared to the talent he has had since becoming a starter, to what Alex Smith has had collectively at any time, from front office to the last player on the roster, is a Ford Pinto. Can you even attempt to argue that?

Are you telling me that there is no correlation to the entire team around Tom Brady, Joe Flacco, Aaron Rodgers, and Drew Brees? Can you honestly tell me that with the constant coaching changes, the poorly run management the lack of talent on the offensive side of the ball, that someone like Alex Smith was supposed to over come that? I know the reason that Alex Smith went first overall. And it wasn't Talent. Aaron Rodgers was MORE talented than Alex Smith. The experts knew it, the 49ers knew it, but the head coach, Mike Nolan, didn't like Aaron Rodgers attitude, and the 49ers front office, IE JOHN YORK, didn't want to pay Aaron Rodgers what Aaron Rodgers agents were wanting, which significantly more than Alex Smith. No, Alex Smith is not a franchise qb, no Alex Smith can not win on his own. But, you can not show me ONE single qb who can, and if Alex Smith is not on the qb level of the elite qbs, how could he ever even remotely be successful without the other pieces in place?

Now, if you can disagree with anything I have said right there, you are doing nothing more than trolling, and your mind is made up completely about Alex Smith, which is fine. Im not going to try to change your mind, but as an "alex homer" as you put it, im at least going to try to state the obvious.

Then my question to you is what are your expectations of Alex Smith in the Andy Reid system?

2010 Michael Vick? Some poor man's version of McNabb's numbers? A 30 year old Trent Green/Rich Gannon late career resurgence where hes really, really good in a 3 or 4 year window?

Is that the type of lightning in a bottle you hope to have caught with this player?

so what? 3500 yards and 20 touchdowns and 300 rush yards? Is that your projection?

BigBeauford 06-17-2013 01:44 PM

Most of us expressing the anti-Alex sentiment do so from this prospective: If we are right, there won't be much dissapointment, and if wrong, we can be pleasantly surprised. I know that never again will I be a victim of being so overoptimistic of our qb situation, and to look like a fool in front of my non Chief-fan friends.

Rausch 06-17-2013 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maverick91579 (Post 9757042)
Im addressing you because I actually have a healthy respect for your posting, but the fact that people cant even let these guys get to camp, before having this same ol bullshit here we go again routine, is just silly to me.

When you see your team do the same thing for 20 years you get real tired of it.

And it's not like we don't know what we're getting. This isn't a guy who was a b/u who never got a shot. He's been in the league for years. We know his upside and his drawbacks. You either like what you see or you don't.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maverick91579 (Post 9757042)
I don't know, for me, I would at least wait to start abusing my liver until I saw some games.....

If only I could blame Alex Smith for my liver...

BigMeatballDave 06-17-2013 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by qbsacker93 (Post 9757102)
Most of us expressing the anti-Alex sentiment do so from this prospective: If we are right, there won't be much dissapointment, and if wrong, we can be pleasantly surprised. I know that never again will I be a victim of being so overoptimistic of our qb situation, and to look like a fool in front of my non Chief-fan friends.

I've been a fan for 30 years. I'm always prepared for disappointment. The anti-Alex group complains about the same shit every ****ing day. And posts the same stats every ****ing day. Why is that?

mcaj22 06-17-2013 02:34 PM

because it's the NFL and the entire sport is built on statistics. So why wouldnt you use that sample size to argue for or against a player?

Coogs 06-17-2013 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 9757092)
Then my question to you is what are your expectations of Alex Smith in the Andy Reid system?

2010 Michael Vick? Some poor man's version of McNabb's numbers? A 30 year old Trent Green/Rich Gannon late career resurgence where hes really, really good in a 3 or 4 year window?

Is that the type of lightning in a bottle you hope to have caught with this player?

so what? 3500 yards and 20 touchdowns and 300 rush yards? Is that your projection?

http://www.pro-football-reference.co...s/htx/2012.htm

Look at these numbers for the Texans last year. Is that too much to expect from this team? I don't think so. Nice balance between the run and the pass. That team was pretty good too... up to the last 4 games of the year.

mcaj22 06-17-2013 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coogs (Post 9757245)
http://www.pro-football-reference.co...s/htx/2012.htm

Look at these numbers for the Texans last year. Is that too much to expect from this team? I don't think so. Nice balance between the run and the pass. That team was pretty good too... up to the last 4 games of the year.

I dont disagree with that balance, my argument was where are we getting a Matt Schaub-like QB from? Who is throwing for 4000 yards? Alex Smith?

What makes anyone think Alex Smith is capable of a 4000 yard season? Because he has Bowe now? That's literally ALL he has on this team in the passing game now until a bunch of borderline Pioli bust draft picks decide to wake up and produce.

BigMeatballDave 06-17-2013 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 9757205)
because it's the NFL and the entire sport is built on statistics. So why wouldnt you use that sample size to argue for or against a player?

The same player?

EVERY DAMN DAY?

BigMeatballDave 06-17-2013 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 9757267)
I dont disagree with that balance, my argument was where are we getting a Matt Schaub-like QB from? Who is throwing for 4000 yards? Alex Smith?

What makes anyone think Alex Smith is capable of a 4000 yard season? Because he has Bowe now? That's literally ALL he has on this team in the passing game now until a bunch of borderline ***** bust draft picks decide to wake up and produce.

Who knew Trent Green had 3 4000 yard seasons in him?

Mav 06-17-2013 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 9757092)

He will do what ever is asked of him to do, so, I guess if I had to put numbers on it, 25 tds, 12 ints, 3600 yards and he leads the chiefs to a 10-6 record. There is stability in place, a coach who believes in him, and talent around him. He has everything he needs to succeed, including a top notch o line.

Hammock Parties 06-17-2013 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TrueFanDave (Post 9757318)

Green had shown more ability as a passer to that point.

Mav 06-17-2013 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 9757267)

What makes anyone think Alex Smith is capable of a 4000 yard season? Because he has Bowe now? That's literally ALL he has on this team in the passing game now until a bunch of borderline ***** bust draft picks decide to wake up and produce.

No, that's not all he has on this team, not by a long shot. He also has Charles, and a plethora of tight ends. And, if as has been asked, he is more aggressive, that is going to increase his numbers. Now, 4000 yards? That too me is too ambitious for two reasons. I don't expect that the Chiefs are going to need 4000 yards from their qb, not with their oline running game, defense and special teams. Having a punter like Colquitt, cuts the field down a lot, and with what I expect to be a very turnover optimistic defense, you are going to play with the short field a lot. Very hard to get those kind of numbers when you are winning the field position, and turnover battles.
Quote:

Originally Posted by TrueFanDave (Post 9757318)

Dick Vermeil did. He believed in him in St Louis, and he believed in him here when no one else really did. Whoa.......MIND TRIP.