ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Teicher:Prodded by Andy Reid, Chiefs QB Alex Smith learning to be more aggressive (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=273618)

DaneMcCloud 06-05-2013 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Setsuna (Post 9731624)
More aggressive means more INT and more sacks and higher % to be injured. Good job Reid. Well done. This won't end badly at all. Also you have to have talent to be aggressive.

Good God.

:facepalm:

Being "aggressive" also refers to putting the ball into much tighter spots. Instead of dumping the ball off for a modest gain, Smith needs to trust himself and his receivers more and put the ball into tighter windows if the offensive is going to consistently move the ball downfield.

That doesn't mean stepping back, opening himself up to the pass rush and heaving it 60 yards down the field.

Reid is correct: Alex needs to work on this NOW and develop a rapport with his receivers NOW, as opposed to having the game on the line and not knowing where to the put the ball where only his receivers can catch it.

Furthermore, Smith isn't likely to see a better secondary than the unit he faces in practice every day, so now is the time.

DaneMcCloud 06-05-2013 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jiu Jitsu Jon (Post 9732234)
I'm sure I'll get yelled at for this but I think you guys could have signed a similar quarterback in Jason Campbell for a much lower price.

Jason Campbell is completely and utterly worthless

Jiu Jitsu Jon 06-05-2013 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DoucheMcCloud (Post 9732238)

Not true...with a good running game he can do OK. He is a game manager and not someone who you would want to rely on his arm to win though.

Hootie 06-05-2013 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DoucheMcCloud (Post 9732238)

I was going to say the same thing but arguing with people about QB's on this site is just not worth it.

Jiu Jitsu Jon 06-05-2013 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unnecessary drama (Post 9732249)
I was going to say the same thing but arguing with people about QB's on this site is just not worth it.

No trolling intended, but what is Campbell's record vs. KC?

Hootie 06-05-2013 11:00 PM

no idea

what is every QB's record against KC the last 5 years?

I watched Cambpell fill in for Cutler one game last year and it was appauling...

he may have had some promise in Tampa but his confidence has long since passed

DaneMcCloud 06-05-2013 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jiu Jitsu Jon (Post 9732252)
No trolling intended, but what is Campbell's record vs. KC?

Who cares? Every QB has a winning record against the Chiefs the past 7 seasons.

DaneMcCloud 06-05-2013 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unnecessary drama (Post 9732249)

The Football I.Q. on this site is lower than it's ever been in CP history, and it's not even close.

Hootie 06-05-2013 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DoucheMcCloud (Post 9732262)
The Football I.Q. on this site is lower than it's ever been in CP history, and it's not even close.

the whole Alex Smith ordeal has pretty much kept me out of football threads this entire offseason...

it's just not even worth it

people are so oblivious it sickens me...and I'd rather waste my time on CP calling Frazod fat then explaining to everyone why Joe Flacco isn't elite

crazycoffey 06-05-2013 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unnecessary drama (Post 9732263)
the whole Alex Smith ordeal has pretty much kept me out of football threads this entire offseason...

it's just not even worth it

people are so oblivious it sickens me...and I'd rather waste my time on CP calling Frazod fat then explaining to everyone why Joe Flacco isn't elite

he isn't, and neither was huard

Hootie 06-05-2013 11:15 PM

common misconception

my entire Huard argument was...Huard wasn't good, not one bit...but he would constantly target Bowe and Gonzalez regardless of coverage which was the only way we could move the ball in a Herm offense...

whereas Green was simply too good...and he wouldn't try and fit the ball into windows that didn't exist...which resulted in him being sacked and our offense being terrible...where Gonzalez would make catch after catch in traffic.

Go read the archives. Nothing worse than a bunch of CP historians who don't even know CP history.

DaneMcCloud 06-05-2013 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crazycoffey (Post 9732278)
he isn't, and neither was huard

Huard was the best QB on the Chiefs roster from 2006-2008 and it isn't even close. People tend to forget that the Chiefs won nine games with Huard in 2006, started off 4-3 and led the AFC West before he was lost for the season in 2007.

And those were some supremely undertalented and old teams.

Hammock Parties 06-05-2013 11:22 PM

oh yeah, huard?

always thought he was pretty good

liked him

don't know if yall knew that i liked huard

RealSNR 06-05-2013 11:24 PM

Stick to making dorky QB barbershop quartet photoshops, Ju Jitsu Jon. You know nothing about football.

Discuss Thrower 06-06-2013 01:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DoucheMcCloud (Post 9732293)
Huard was the best QB on the Chiefs roster from 2006-2008 and it isn't even close. People tend to forget that the Chiefs won nine games with Huard in 2006, started off 4-3 and led the AFC West before he was lost for the season in 2007.

And those were some supremely undertalented and old teams.

So he was better than Brodie Croyle, Casey Printers, Tyler Thigpen and James Killian?

Well.... yeah.. but that doesn't mean he'd start on 29 other teams in the league in any given season.