ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Teicher:Prodded by Andy Reid, Chiefs QB Alex Smith learning to be more aggressive (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=273618)

BigMeatballDave 06-26-2013 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 9777968)
where is the upgrade at DL?
where is the upgrade at FS?
where is the upgrade at CB2? CB3?
where is the upgrade at WR2? WR3?

They upgraded the LBers, Oline, RB, QB, and TE. Some of those were already "strong points" of the team.

We still have holes is my point

And none of this has a ****ing thing to do with how incredibly bad Cassel and Quinn were and their willingness to give the ball away.

Cutting last seasons turnovers in half gets them to 5 or 6 wins.

DaneMcCloud 06-26-2013 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 9777968)
where is the upgrade at DL?
where is the upgrade at FS?
where is the upgrade at CB2? CB3?
where is the upgrade at WR2? WR3?

They upgraded the LBers, Oline, RB, QB, and TE. Some of those were already "strong points" of the team.

We still have holes is my point

So, you're claiming DeVito, Abdullah, Robinson, Smith and Avery aren't upgrades?

What team were you watching last year?

Sweet Daddy Hate 06-26-2013 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9778000)
Reid is one of the best coaches in the NFL, period. You don't get to five NFC champoinships by being a slouch.

Yep, he's been burning up the charts as of late! But, I'm sure his relocation to KC will change all of that.

DaneMcCloud 06-26-2013 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate (Post 9778052)
Yep, he's been burning up the charts as of late! But, I'm sure his relocation to KC will change all of that.

My sperm are smarter than you

Sweet Daddy Hate 06-26-2013 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9778057)
My sperm are smarter than you

I hope your sperm have a greater uptrend than our current Head Coach, yes.

ChiefAshhole20 06-26-2013 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9778008)
So, you're claiming DeVito, Abdullah, Robinson, Smith and Avery aren't upgrades?

Playing Devil's Advocate.
Devito is a career backup replacing a first round pick, Abdullah hasn't played for over a year and was an undrafted Free agent anyway, Dunta is older now and was a liability at times last year, Sean Smith is an upgrade, and Avery would be if he was healthy but as of now it's a tricky situation with the ankle sprain.

Solid signings, don't get me wrong, but I think Bishop would've been our biggest signing (if healthy of course)

milkman 06-26-2013 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9778008)

The only one of that group that you can say objectively and with absolute certainty is an upgrade is Avery.

Hammock Parties 06-26-2013 07:12 PM

Robinson is an upgrade to nothing. Dude was one of the worst CBs in football last year. That goes for Smith, too.

milkman 06-26-2013 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9778000)
Doug Pedersen was a fine QB coach and a solid NFL backup for more than a decade. He knows the system and if Reid didn't feel he was ready for the job, he wouldn't have hired him for it. He'd have hired Childress

Reid, Chilly, Pedersen, Sutton, etc. versus Romeo Crennel, Romeo Crennel, Mo Carthon, Brian Daboll. You may not see a massive upgrade by I certainly do.

Reid is one of the best coaches in the NFL, period. You don't get to five NFC champoinships by being a slouch.

Reid is overrated as a QB guru, and he has done nothing of note since Jim Johnson died.

Sweet Daddy Hate 06-26-2013 07:17 PM

I wonder if the Chiefs will ever stop playing it safe? Probably not. Clark doesn't strike me as much of a student of the game. The people who claim him as a no risk/no reward/fill the seats guy are pretty much spot-on.

DaneMcCloud 06-26-2013 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Smith HATER (Post 9778087)
Robinson is an upgrade to nothing. Dude was one of the worst CBs in football last year. That goes for Smith, too.

Not an upgrade over Jalil Brown? What?

DaneMcCloud 06-26-2013 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9778088)
Reid is overrated as a QB guru, and he has done nothing of note since Jim Johnson died.

You're right, he sucks.

How does he have a job?

DaneMcCloud 06-26-2013 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9778083)
The only one of that group that you can say objectively and with absolute certainty is an upgrade is Avery.

Smith is an upgrade, Avery is an upgrade, DeVito is an upgrade, even if its just leadership, Abdullah, if healthy will provide experienced depth if not win the job outright.

This team has been upgraded across the board in terms of experience, leadership and depth.

That matters.

Sweet Daddy Hate 06-26-2013 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9778124)
Smith is an upgrade, Avery is an upgrade, DeVito is an upgrade, even if its just leadership, Abdullah, if healthy will provide experienced depth if not win the job outright.

This team has been upgraded across the board in terms of experience, leadership and depth.

That matters.

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOAHHHHH, DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUDE....

I'm sorry; I got a little woozy there hearing the sound of Pioli's voice in that post.

DaneMcCloud 06-26-2013 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefAshhole20 (Post 9778068)
Playing Devil's Advocate.
Devito is a career backup replacing a first round pick, Abdullah hasn't played for over a year and was an undrafted Free agent anyway, Dunta is older now and was a liability at times last year, Sean Smith is an upgrade, and Avery would be if he was healthy but as of now it's a tricky situation with the ankle sprain.

Solid signings, don't get me wrong, but I think Bishop would've been our biggest signing (if healthy of course)

Dorsey was nothing special and he wasn't a vocal leader. DeVito will provide leadership, knows the system and is a tough player.

Smith and Robinson are upgrades to Jalil Brown, Arenas and the rest of those chumps. Abdullah should be great insurance when Lewis inevitably gets hurts, if he doesn't beat him outright.