ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Who all is getting the Dark Knight tomorrow? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=198025)

Buck 12-08-2008 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz (Post 5279860)
Don't be a ****ing moron and spend tons on dvds....i was single once and have over 600 movies, so ive spent over 10k...
that was in my bad spending habits days and no major bills.:doh!: Even though im fine now and have been i could use a vacay now. Now i buy only the dvds i really really want to own, and use netflix to get my movie fix.

Yeah, I haven't bought a single blu-ray since August...

I just spent a lot between March - August.

I got other shit to pay for now, so I don't buy them anymore....

Sure-Oz 12-08-2008 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pestilenceaf23 (Post 5279878)
Same here. I used to go out and if I thought the movie looked interesting...I would buy it. Now I only buy movies that I know I like...and that I know I'll want to see again. I have a Netflix subscription and get my movies through there now.

I wish netflix was around then, cause there are alot of movies ive had to try to sell to friends and whatever. There are probably over 100 movies i own that i know i wont watch again.:shake:

Sure-Oz 12-08-2008 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BuckinKaeding (Post 5279885)
Yeah, I haven't bought a single blu-ray since August...

I just spent a lot between March - August.

I got other shit to pay for now, so I don't buy them anymore....

Good man, everyone LOVES my dvd collection and thinks its great, but if it were up to me i'd have probably 100 or so dvds total. I have about 20 blurays, but they are all movies i have to have and know id watch over and over. Netflix definetly has helped esp on movies i think are decent. Gf and I used to rent alot too every other weekend, this saves so much.

Fire Me Boy! 12-08-2008 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz (Post 5279860)
Don't be a ****ing moron and spend tons on dvds....i was single once and have over 600 movies, so ive spent over 10k...
that was in my bad spending habits days and no major bills.:doh!: Even though im fine now and have been i could use a vacay now. Now i buy only the dvds i really really want to own, and use netflix to get my movie fix.

I have almost 1300 now. I'm gonna go cry in the corner.

Deberg_1990 12-08-2008 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz (Post 5279890)
I wish netflix was around then, cause there are alot of movies ive had to try to sell to friends and whatever. There are probably over 100 movies i own that i know i wont watch again.:shake:

I think alot of people went through that stage.

I bought a ton of DVD movies between 1999 (First year i bought a DVD player) and 2004 or so.

Then i realized i was only watching these flicks like once or twice and it was pointless.

Netlfix and even now Blockbuster online rule!

Sure-Oz 12-08-2008 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 5280061)
I have almost 1300 now. I'm gonna go cry in the corner.

Good god,that's insane...

I thought i was bad hehe

KcMizzou 12-08-2008 08:41 PM

Sometimes I can't resist the $5 bins. You can find some really good older movies there. Two that come to mind were Dances with Wolves, and The Princess Bride.

At 5 bucks each, I can't pass 'em up. I've been known to buy 4 or 5 at a time. (When there's anything worth buying.)

Sure-Oz 12-08-2008 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KcMizzou (Post 5280140)
Sometimes I can't resist the $5 bins. You can find some really good older movies there. Two that come to mind were Dances with wolves, and The Princess Bride.

At 5 bucks each, I can't pass 'em up. I've been known to buy 4 or 5 at a time. (When there's anything worth buying.)

Those are sweet, but when you actually pass those bins later and notice a ton of movies you own and bought at $13-17 a piece is in there, it pisses you off:doh!:

Molitoth 12-08-2008 08:42 PM

I've had a DVD rip downloaded for a couple weeks now. I can't afford blu-rays.

OnTheWarpath15 12-08-2008 08:45 PM

Quote:

Sometimes I can't resist the $5 bins. You can find some really good older movies there. Two that come to mind were Dances with Wolves, and The Princess Bride.

That's how I am when Blockbuster has their 4/$20 deal - which at my location, is almost always.

Plus, they are all relatively new movies.

KcMizzou 12-08-2008 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 5280157)
That's how I am when Blockbuster has their 4/$20 deal - which at my location, is almost always.

Plus, they are all relatively new movies.

I like those too. Doesn't bother me a bit that they're "previously viewed".

luv 12-08-2008 09:16 PM

Quote:

There are times when I avoid the the $5 bin when going to Walmart. I found some really good ones there myself. Clue, Joe's Apartment, and the Princess Bride like you did.

Demonpenz 12-08-2008 09:25 PM

I got add and really can't sit through a whole movie, that said dark knight is probably my favorite movie of all time right now. It's action, it's scary, it's good, and it is really really fun. I can reconize other movies might be "BETTER" but I don't have as much fun watching them

KcMizzou 12-08-2008 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demonpenz (Post 5280286)
I got add and really can't sit through a whole movie, that said dark knight is probably my favorite movie of all time right now. It's action, it's scary, it's good, and it is really really fun. I can reconize other movies might be "BETTER" but I don't have as much fun watching them

It's an all-around badass movie. Lived up to the hype, in my mind.

Demonpenz 12-08-2008 09:40 PM

no crap. Did you see my other post that you probably did see me at arrowhead? I Had a kc sweatshirt on and a pop tarts beanie