ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Who all is getting the Dark Knight tomorrow? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=198025)

KcMizzou 12-08-2008 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demonpenz (Post 5280362)
no crap. Did you see my other post that you probably did see me at arrowhead? I Had a kc sweatshirt on and a pop tarts beanie

Yeah, I'm 90% sure it was you. I had a few beers in me at the time, but I was only about 65% sure then. Wish I had asked.

The 45 minute wait at the pisser was the main thing on my mind. Where you around when everyone cheered the girl who was doing the pee-pee dance, when it was finally her turn?

Frazod 12-08-2008 09:53 PM

I'll probably pick it up after Christmas with one of the Blockbuster gift cards I'll inevitably get as a gift.

I liked it, but honestly, I thought Batman Begins was better. And I like Nicholson better as the Joker.

Sue me.

Miles 12-08-2008 11:39 PM

I will probably pick up the Blu-Ray tomorrow.

Pablo 12-08-2008 11:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 5280412)
I'll probably pick it up after Christmas with one of the Blockbuster gift cards I'll inevitably get as a gift.

I liked it, but honestly, I thought Batman Begins was better. And I like Nicholson better as the Joker.

Sue me.

You aren't allowed to have opinions anymore.

kcxiv 12-09-2008 12:07 AM

My sister said she's goign to buy it for me on Blu Ray for xmas. No point on buying it tomorrow. She told me not to buy it. lol

Frazod 12-09-2008 12:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GonzoRox88 (Post 5280752)
You aren't allowed to have opinions anymore.

Meh. It was good (okay, it was very good) but it wasn't ALL THAT. For me, it did not live up to the hype.

And I never bought into the dead-before-his-time epic national mancrush over Heath Ledger. Sure he did a good job. But so did lots of other people who didn't abuse themselves to death.

Deberg_1990 12-09-2008 12:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 5280412)
And I like Nicholson better as the Joker.

Sue me.

have you watched that movie lately? I caught some of it the other night on HDNet.

Good lord, its horribly cheesy and hokey now. I guess it kind of always was....

Frazod 12-09-2008 12:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 5280825)
have you watched that movie lately? I caught some of it the other night on HDNet.

Good lord, its horribly cheesy and hokey now. I guess it kind of always was....

It's still a very good movie; just dated. Obviously it can't hang with the CG effects. And Bale blows Keaton away. But Nicholson was a great Joker. And 20 years ago, people gushed over his performance; he just had the good sense not to die immediately after shooting wrapped.

And Burton's Batmobile (from his first movie) is still far and away the best.

kcxiv 12-09-2008 12:57 AM

They are 2 different kinds of Batman movies though. I dont think the earlier ones were as dark as the Dark Night. Ledger imo was better though. I dont think anyone could have played that role as good as he did. It was just awesome.

Deberg_1990 12-09-2008 06:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 5280847)
It's still a very good movie; just dated. Obviously it can't hang with the CG effects. And Bale blows Keaton away. But Nicholson was a great Joker. And 20 years ago, people gushed over his performance; he just had the good sense not to die immediately after shooting wrapped.

And Burton's Batmobile (from his first movie) is still far and away the best.

I think out of all those Burton/Schumacher Batman flicks my fave one was the 2nd: Batman Returns.

The one with Penguin and Catwoman. It had this really dark/creepy vibe and the Batman/Catwomen sexual undercurrent.

Stryker 12-09-2008 08:26 AM

It will be at my house today via Netflix. I will eventually buy it on Blu-Ray but that will be when the whole Blu-Ray pricing drops and equals out. At $25 a pop it is hard to get excited about right now. I have around 800 movies that are mostly burned copies with fancy covers. Each summer I do a spring cleaning and thin it down to around 500. My "store bought" movies are in the neighborhood of around 125. The good thing about Blu-ray is that once I get on that bandwagon I will be more selective on what movies I want to "own."

Demonpenz 12-09-2008 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KcMizzou (Post 5280398)
Yeah, I'm 90% sure it was you. I had a few beers in me at the time, but I was only about 65% sure then. Wish I had asked.

The 45 minute wait at the pisser was the main thing on my mind. Where you around when everyone cheered the girl who was doing the pee-pee dance, when it was finally her turn?

I dunno I just left and peed somewhere else. I about had a bladder injury haha

Sure-Oz 12-09-2008 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stryker (Post 5281197)
It will be at my house today via Netflix. I will eventually buy it on Blu-Ray but that will be when the whole Blu-Ray pricing drops and equals out. At $25 a pop it is hard to get excited about right now. I have around 800 movies that are mostly burned copies with fancy covers. Each summer I do a spring cleaning and thin it down to around 500. My "store bought" movies are in the neighborhood of around 125. The good thing about Blu-ray is that once I get on that bandwagon I will be more selective on what movies I want to "own."

How so? Usually new releases on netflix end up on a "long wait" status i dont think ive gotten a brand new release on its release date in quite sometime. I usually have to wait a week or more.

RockChalk 12-09-2008 09:18 AM

I will be picking it up. I think BestBuy has it for $23.99

Side question - anyone know if they are coming out with a director's cut for this or if it will have any extra scenes (not deleted scenes). I know there was quite a bit of talk going around during it's theatrical release that Nolan had to cut out around 30 minutes of the movie to shorten it a bit. Anyone know anything about this?

Sure-Oz 12-09-2008 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RockChalk (Post 5281301)
I will be picking it up. I think BestBuy has it for $23.99

Side question - anyone know if they are coming out with a director's cut for this or if it will have any extra scenes (not deleted scenes). I know there was quite a bit of talk going around during it's theatrical release that Nolan had to cut out around 30 minutes of the movie to shorten it a bit. Anyone know anything about this?

From "Ain't It Cool News"... regarding TDK

"There is no 3 hour cut anywhere - no deleted scenes. He, John Nolan & David Goyer would cut scenes before they ever made it to the screen in what Nolan calls an "aggressive editorial approach." Their criteria was that every scene needs three reasons to be in the film or it's out. This made for a difficult time in the editing suite as every single scene was essential and could not be removed."

and perhaps more importantly...

"If he made a third film, it would be for no reason but the continuation of story. He is currently looking into where the story would go and if it needs to go there. He maintained that it's very hard to make a movie of this scale (and specified he wasn't asking for our sympathy, drawing a laugh from the crowd) - it's two hard years and you gotta love it. One of his biggest fears is getting halfway through making a film and realizing it's unnecessary and he doesn't want to make it anymore. If there is a third story that needs to be told, there will be a third film, but nothing is set in stone or a given."

I heard Nolan was really organized and batman begins hardly had any extra scenes or cut ones, would not suprise me if this is true. I did hear of those rumors as well, we'll see. I just know TDK will be re-released Jan. 23rd in theaters for a 2nd round before awards shows.