ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Who all is getting the Dark Knight tomorrow? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=198025)

Red Brooklyn 12-09-2008 09:49 AM

I'm definately getting the DVD today, along with LOST Season 4.

I have a blu-ray player (PS3) but I don't have an HD TV so it seems a little pointless to spend $ on the-ray at this point. Once I get a new TV you can bet your bottom dollar that TDK will be the first movie I purchase on blu-ray - screw it! I'll buy both. I'll buy one copy of each for every room in my house, my mom's house and my dad's house. We only have three tv's between us, but I'll feel more comforted knowing that there's a copy in every room. : )

Deberg_1990 12-09-2008 09:52 AM

Im really looking forward to more Directors cuts of Lord of the Rings.

Because who can resist 3 or 4 more hours of Hobbits walking accross the New Zealand landscape. :)

Stryker 12-09-2008 10:31 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz (Post 5281271)
How so? Usually new releases on netflix end up on a "long wait" status i dont think ive gotten a brand new release on its release date in quite sometime. I usually have to wait a week or more.

You are correct BUT, when I mail out my Netflix on a Friday, they mail out new releases on a Monday so you get them on Tuesday. This does NOT happen all the time but it does happen most of the time.

Stryker 12-09-2008 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz (Post 5281271)
How so? Usually new releases on netflix end up on a "long wait" status i dont think ive gotten a brand new release on its release date in quite sometime. I usually have to wait a week or more.

I hate the "long wait" BS! As you can see, I am still waiting on The Incredible Hulk and Hell Boy II. Netflix does surprise though - they will send them from San Jose or Chicago just to meet your request.

Wife just called and in the mail today - Dark Knight! Sweet!

The Franchise 12-09-2008 01:18 PM

Maybe someone can help me out with this considering I've gone reeruned for some reason.

The Blu-Ray copy of the DVD comes with a digital copy on it. If my computer doesn't have a Blu-Ray player....am I still going to be able to put that copy on my hard drive?

Deberg_1990 12-09-2008 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pestilenceaf23 (Post 5281865)
Maybe someone can help me out with this considering I've gone reeruned for some reason.

The Blu-Ray copy of the DVD comes with a digital copy on it. If my computer doesn't have a Blu-Ray player....am I still going to be able to put that copy on my hard drive?

Yes. I have the Blue Ray of Speed Racer and was able to put the digital copy of it on my computer and it worked fine.

Buck 12-09-2008 02:45 PM

The Digital Copy is a DVD

Sure-Oz 12-09-2008 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stryker (Post 5281488)
I hate the "long wait" BS! As you can see, I am still waiting on The Incredible Hulk and Hell Boy II. Netflix does surprise though - they will send them from San Jose or Chicago just to meet your request.

Wife just called and in the mail today - Dark Knight! Sweet!

I hear that and that is a good hint...ive never mailed out on fridays really, usually on thursday so i get a movie saturday since the next day it recieves them and then sends them out. I was pleasantly suprised this morning though, i will get Tropic Thunder on bluray and Horton hears a Who on bluray tomorrow, both were "long wait" status.

So if i send my movie(s) back on a friday i have a much better chance of getting the new ones even though they release tuesday? cause if i send something on a friday it will show it recieved saturday morning and prepping the next movies to be sent to me. Would that include the newest releases likely too then?

The Franchise 12-09-2008 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BuckinKaeding (Post 5282072)
The Digital Copy is a DVD

Just figured that out by purchasing the Blu-Ray of The Dark Knight. Target has a special Batman case w/Blu-Ray and digital copy for $30.

Stryker 12-09-2008 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz (Post 5282082)
I hear that and that is a good hint...ive never mailed out on fridays really, usually on thursday so i get a movie saturday since the next day it recieves them and then sends them out. I was pleasantly suprised this morning though, i will get Tropic Thunder on bluray and Horton hears a Who on bluray tomorrow, both were "long wait" status.

So if i send my movie(s) back on a friday i have a much better chance of getting the new ones even though they release tuesday? cause if i send something on a friday it will show it recieved saturday morning and prepping the next movies to be sent to me. Would that include the newest releases likely too then?

You are correct. I burn the movies I get on Tuesday and mail out on Wednesday. Friday I get off @ 11:00 so around noon I burn those (which came in that a.m.)and run around the corner to the post office to drop them off - next week starts the cycle again. The family will watch those 4 movies that weekend.

I also frequent reel.com to get a heads up on new releases coming out up to 6 months out. I then add those to my que (usually up to 1 1/2 months out) and keep them sequentially in order by release date. If I do not get that new release that Tuesday, then it trickles down to what is available.

The Franchise 12-09-2008 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stryker (Post 5282103)
You are correct. I burn the movies I get on Tuesday and mail out on Wednesday. Friday I get off @ 11:00 so around noon I burn those (which came in that a.m.)and run around the corner to the post office to drop them off - next week starts the cycle again. The family will watch those 4 movies that weekend.

I also frequent reel.com to get a heads up on new releases coming out up to 6 months out. I then add those to my que (usually up to 1 1/2 months out) and keep them sequentially in order by release date. If I do not get that new release that Tuesday, then it trickles down to what is available.

What do you use to burn them?

Sure-Oz 12-09-2008 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stryker (Post 5282103)

Thanks for the info man, much appreciated, i'll have to change up what I do, esp for a new release i want and see if it works. It's been a crapshoot thus far, it seems i am sending out the movie MONDAY and getting all the new ones not sent to me tuesday and just the things that trickle down for the most part.

Swanman 12-09-2008 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pestilenceaf23 (Post 5282169)
What do you use to burn them?

I use DVDShrink and like it quite a bit. The nice part about the program is you can re-allocate data from things like special features and foreign language audio to the main feature to improve the quality a little bit.

The Franchise 12-09-2008 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swanman (Post 5282387)
I use DVDShrink and like it quite a bit. The nice part about the program is you can re-allocate data from things like special features and foreign language audio to the main feature to improve the quality a little bit.

Is it a free download?

bango 12-09-2008 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 5281085)
I think out of all those Burton/Schumacher Batman flicks my fave one was the 2nd: Batman Returns.

The one with Penguin and Catwoman. It had this really dark/creepy vibe and the Batman/Catwomen sexual undercurrent.

I have to agree that the second in the earlier series was the best one of that line. Then I would have to go with the first one, and the only reson the third was even worth watching was because of Jim Carrey. The first ones that came out in the late Eighties and on through the Nineties were more like Comics. They were not very realistic. The last two that started the series back up a few years ago are more like Graphic Novels and are more realistic. I know that they did take ideas for TDK from some of the Graphic Novels like the Long Halloween and I think that it helped them to make a much better movie. I am not sure where or if they used some ideas like that for Begins or not. A dude that I work with thinks that Clooney was the best at playing Wayne because it was not too far of a reach for him to act like a wealthy brat.