ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life Just got out of the hospital with e.coli and MRSA (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=323330)

'Hamas' Jenkins 06-09-2019 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 14300728)
Amputation, unfortunately.

I'm sorry about that. Finger, toe, foot, AKA, BKA?

Unfortunately, you see a lot of it. Saw a guy back in April with diabetes that was relatively well-controlled, but had multiple past finger amputations, and his middle finger looked like pus-filled bratwurst. The vasculature is so compromised and the immune system is suppressed enough that it is very difficult to ward off infection, even for diligent people.

notorious 06-09-2019 10:30 AM

I'm sorry FMB. Keep your chin up.

stumppy 06-09-2019 10:44 AM

Sorry to hear it FMB. MRSA is a ****ing bitch. Have a friend who's been fighting it for a couple years now. Hang in there man.

IowaHawkeyeChief 06-09-2019 10:46 AM

Glad to hear you are hopefully on the back end of this thing... Get well!

Fire Me Boy! 06-09-2019 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 14300740)
I'm sorry about that. Finger, toe, foot, AKA, BKA?

Unfortunately, you see a lot of it. Saw a guy back in April with diabetes that was relatively well-controlled, but had multiple past finger amputations, and his middle finger looked like pus-filled bratwurst. The vasculature is so compromised and the immune system is suppressed enough that it is very difficult to ward off infection, even for diligent people.

Right middle finger.

Bowser 06-09-2019 11:16 AM

Good lord. Hang in there, FMB

BWillie 06-09-2019 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 14300676)
Quarantined for two days. I don't recommend it.

Did you at least get on the news?

Fire Me Boy! 06-09-2019 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 14300782)
Did you at least get on the news?

No. Dammit.

Prison Bitch 06-09-2019 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 14300778)
Right middle finger.

Fortunately that was only needed during the Pioli era.

rtmike 06-09-2019 11:43 AM

I survived a buddy being knifed in the throat killing him instantly. I was behind him in back seat trying to get out to fight. It was him or me.
I watched a airport parking structure being erected with my crane fall at the foot of my crane. Watched 2 iron workers running in mid air. When it came down I seen the one iron worker and thought there was someone laying with him but it was it was lowere body beside him not his buddy. Bad scene.
We were dismantling a crane and a helper got under the boom and started beating pins out. The pins were hitting hard could hear their sdifferent sound. I turned around and he was UNDER the boom. You never do that. Well, pin came out and boom sections dropped pinning him on the ground. You could take a pair of coveralls and throw them on the ground and that’s what Jeff looked like. He lived but I was forever scarred.
I started drinking heavy-Er.

After being paralyzed, I had an autonomic dysreflexia episode. I was in a coma for 5 days. I woke to my family being in town, lol.

A few skin infections have hospitalized me.

BUT NOTHING compares to the sepsis episode I had. I had just had an epidural injection. Infection latched onto my heart valves, lung, and epidural spacing.
Most pain in my life.
I was so loopy on pain meds, lol. They finally operated on me. They had to remove yet another piece of my spine and clean out the epidural spacing in a sense re-paralyzing me. I lost all my left side function that had me standing, etc.
Also had to dismantle my chair for car trips for over a year before I was able to throw chair in back again and shuffle/walk holding on to top of car to drivers seat.

So, I think I’m qualified to say, “I know what you’re going through. PM some time if you’d like.”
We’re chief fans, so we’re used to pain, lol.

vailpass 06-09-2019 11:44 AM

Best to you FMB. You’re good though, you have grit in your craw.

Hydrae 06-09-2019 12:01 PM

Wow, that really sucks. MRSA is a bitch that is not easily beaten. The E.coli complication just makes it more difficult. Glad to hear that you are on the mend, will pray that that continues in the days, weeks, and even months ahead.

BigRedChief 06-09-2019 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loochy (Post 14300679)
Wanna get sick?

Go to a hospital.

Worked in a hospital for 10 years. The 1st year I was sick all damn year. One flu/cold after another. But, after that rarely got sick. Recently, I've not had a cold/flu in about 20 months.

BigRedChief 06-09-2019 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rtmike (Post 14300804)
I survived a buddy being knifed in the throat killing him instantly. I was behind him in back seat trying to get out to fight. It was him or me.
I watched a airport parking structure being erected with my crane fall at the foot of my crane. Watched 2 iron workers running in mid air. When it came down I seen the one iron worker and thought there was someone laying with him but it was it was lowere body beside him not his buddy. Bad scene.
We were dismantling a crane and a helper got under the boom and started beating pins out. The pins were hitting hard could hear their sdifferent sound. I turned around and he was UNDER the boom. You never do that. Well, pin came out and boom sections dropped pinning him on the ground. You could take a pair of coveralls and throw them on the ground and that’s what Jeff looked like. He lived but I was forever scarred.
I started drinking heavy-Er.

After being paralyzed, I had an autonomic dysreflexia episode. I was in a coma for 5 days. I woke to my family being in town, lol.

A few skin infections have hospitalized me.

BUT NOTHING compares to the sepsis episode I had. I had just had an epidural injection. Infection latched onto my heart valves, lung, and epidural spacing.
Most pain in my life.
I was so loopy on pain meds, lol. They finally operated on me. They had to remove yet another piece of my spine and clean out the epidural spacing in a sense re-paralyzing me. I lost all my left side function that had me standing, etc.
Also had to dismantle my chair for car trips for over a year before I was able to throw chair in back again and shuffle/walk holding on to top of car to drivers seat.

So, I think I’m qualified to say, “I know what you’re going through. PM some time if you’d like.”
We’re chief fans, so we’re used to pain, lol.

Same here if you need info or advice. I was a Respiratory Therapist. It's not really the MRSA/E Coli that kills you. Thats the start of the cascade of events but the complications, mainly pneumonia and compromised immune system are what kills you. I was on the front lines of saving peoples life's in these situations. Anything I can do for anyone or their family, dont hesitate to PM me.

rabblerouser 06-09-2019 12:39 PM

Jesus.