ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life *.* 2013 General Fitness Thread *.* (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268371)

Silock 08-20-2013 09:08 AM

Dom FTW

Silock 08-20-2013 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DBOSHO (Post 9901224)
Gonna try some protein icecream in a bit.

Greek yogurt and whey. We'll see

I always made mine this way:

1 container fat free cottage cheese
Cup of Splenda
2 scoops whatever flavor protein powder
Tablespoon vanilla extract
2 tablespoons cocoa powder

Buck 08-20-2013 08:28 PM

I know you guys said diet isn't as important to me right now, but....

I forgot I signed up for steak night at the bar, they do it once a month and you get about a 10 oz steak, baked potato and salad.

Now I already lifted and drank a protein shake. Will there be any major adverse affect of me eating a shit load of fat and carbs right now?

lewdog 08-20-2013 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 9902801)
I know you guys said diet isn't as important to me right now, but....

I forgot I signed up for steak night at the bar, they do it once a month and you get about a 10 oz steak, baked potato and salad.

Now I already lifted and drank a protein shake. Will there be any major adverse affect of me eating a shit load of fat and carbs right now?

Jesus Christ, NO! Theoretically your biggest meal should be the one after your workout. When I fast, I have a protein shake immediately following my workout then my next meal is usually massive. You've got little muscle mass on your frame and I would focus on getting some god damn protein in your diet while learning to pick up and put down heavy objects!

Get at that dinner son!

NewChief 08-20-2013 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 9902815)
Jesus Christ, NO! Theoretically your biggest meal should be the one after your workout. When I fast, I have a protein shake immediately following my workout then my next meal is usually massive. You've got little muscle mass on your frame and I would focus on getting some god damn protein in your diet while learning to pick up and put down heavy objects!

Get at that dinner son!

This. Also: one of the major reasons I work out and am disciplined in my diet/fasts the majority of the time is so I can eat meals like that when I feel the urge without feeling guilty. It's certainly possible to take that line of thinking too far and blow your "diet" by rationalizing too many cheat days... but damn. Enjoy yourself.

Buck 08-20-2013 08:38 PM

I came away disappointed from my chest/upper back workout because I wasn't exhausted, then I went to wipe my head with my towel after a shower and realized how tired I am right now. Now I'm not as upset.

I guess its just because legs are easier to lift more weight.

lewdog 08-20-2013 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 9902855)
I came away disappointed from my chest/upper back workout because I wasn't exhausted, then I went to wipe my head with my towel after a shower and realized how tired I am right now. Now I'm not as upset.

It isn't always about exhaustion. You are lifting weights to get stronger. Keep adding weight to the bar and get stronger. If you want to feel exhausted/sweaty just do cardio (cardio is for pussies). You don't have to be exhausted from lifting weights for it to be a good workout. Change your mindset.

Buck 08-20-2013 09:38 PM

Just beasted 2 bowls of salad, a large baked potato with cheese butter and sour cream, and a 13 oz steak and I finally feel like a man.

Silock 08-20-2013 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 9902855)

Perceived exertion is NOT how you judge a workout.

Silock 08-20-2013 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 9903059)
Just beasted 2 bowls of salad, a large baked potato with cheese butter and sour cream, and a 13 oz steak and I finally feel like a man.

^^ Doingitwrong.jpg

Buck 08-20-2013 09:54 PM

The feeling like a man thing was a joke, but please explain what I'm doing wrong so I don't do it again.

Buck 08-20-2013 09:57 PM

That meal put me at about 2500 calories for the day.

Silock 08-20-2013 09:58 PM

I'm mostly kidding.

Buck 08-20-2013 10:01 PM

Ahh ok. I'm taking all this stuff dead serious and I'm very impressed with what you guys are doing so I am pretty much gonna follow whatever you say.

Someone once told me the best time to workout was before going to sleep and to not eat any fat or carbs with your protein and go to sleep. Maybe it was broscience.

ThaVirus 08-20-2013 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 9903122)
That meal put me at about 2500 calories for the day.

Pussy shit.