ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Adam Teicher completely screws up the NFL Nation redraft (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=331759)

carcosa 06-08-2020 10:41 AM

Adam Teicher completely screws up the NFL Nation redraft

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...s-all-32-teams

First of all I hate the premise of this article because it imagines a world where we don't have Patrick Mahomes. But also check out Adam Teicher's draft:

Quote:

Round 1 (32): Stephon Gilmore, CB
Round 2 (33): Dalvin Cook, RB
Round 3 (96): Nick Chubb, RB
Round 4 (97): Tyrod Taylor, QB

I was guided by the "best player available" philosophy throughout and was pleasantly surprised at the availability of the NFL's top cornerback in Gilmore and a couple of versatile backs in Cook and Chubb. But having seen how the draft unfolded, I made a mistake in waiting until my second wave of back-to-back picks to get my quarterback.

I anticipated a better selection of QBs being available when I passed the first time around, and I was wrong. Instead of Cook, I should have gone for a veteran like Kirk Cousins, Derek Carr or Jared Goff, or even a younger player like Justin Herbert or Jarrett Stidham. But now I'm stuck with a journeyman at the game's most important position, and I'm afraid I'm doomed to a lowly record and a much higher draft pick next year. -- Teicher

Stat to know: Virtually the opposite of the real-life Chiefs, this Kansas City team will be run-heavy. It features a backfield with last year's second-ranked (Chubb) and seventh-ranked (Cook) rushers in rushing yards per game. And when he was a starter from 2015 to '17, Taylor's 1,575 rushing yards and 14 rushing TDs trailed only Cam Newton among QBs.

Mike Clay's draft grade: Tier 4. Starting with the league's best corner was great, but back-to-back running backs and a 30-year-old borderline backup QB is problematic.
Hey Adam..... **** u!!!!!!!

tyecopeland 06-08-2020 10:42 AM

Yeah I just read that. Pretty terrible draft. But I expected nothing less when I opened it.

WhawhaWhat 06-08-2020 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carcosa (Post 15012490)
https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...s-all-32-teams

First of all I hate the premise of this article because it imagines a world where we don't have Patrick Mahomes. But also check out Adam Teicher's draft:

Hey Adam..... **** u!!!!!!!

Who would you have drafted?

wazu 06-08-2020 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhawhaWhat (Post 15012495)

Just a quick glance it looks like he coulda had Honey Badger instead of Nick Chubb. Or coulda taken Josh Allen early and gotten Chubb instead of Cook. It's pretty brutal drafting 32/33.

ModSocks 06-08-2020 10:53 AM

How the **** does he still have a job. This is crazy.

carcosa 06-08-2020 10:55 AM

Quote:

I would have beaten up the editor who gave me such a vile assignment!!!!

stumppy 06-08-2020 10:56 AM

Does Teicher even football? Doesn't look like it.

carcosa 06-08-2020 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stumppy (Post 15012509)

Back-to-back running backs!!!! Somebody slap this man!!!!!

tyecopeland 06-08-2020 10:58 AM

Quote:

It's not just that our picks suck. It's just a terrible concept. And I could probably forgive ending up with tyrod based on the format but taking rbs back to back is stupid for this exercise.

Hoover 06-08-2020 10:59 AM

I think it's brilliant. He's sucking so we can draft Lawrence!

RealSNR 06-08-2020 11:01 AM

Dalvin Cook was a horrible ****ing pick. He should be put to death for that pick.

Sorce 06-08-2020 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stumppy (Post 15012509)

From what I've gathered he just follows other people on twitter and retweets when they break news.

carcosa 06-08-2020 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealSNR (Post 15012521)
Dalvin Cook was a horrible ****ing pick. He should be put to death for that pick.

I am generally against the death penalty except in this case!!!!!! (Also all Patriots fans should be executed)

lcarus 06-08-2020 11:12 AM

Teicher's draft was like he didn't even give a shit and just picked whatever.

But it's still almost as good as the Denver guy's draft. Drew Lock with the first pick (lmao), Travis Kelce, Isaiah Simmons, Courtland Sutton. What a dumb homer.

Rain Man 06-08-2020 11:33 AM

Ronnie Stanley was the sixth pick in the entire draft? Really? Sixth pick?

And I'm laughing at the Bronco guy who picked Drew Lock 15th overall. There's a fair amount of homerism as you look at the list, but that's pretty much tops.