ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Least Deserving Hall of Famers: Round 3, Heat 2 (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=323817)

Rain Man 07-10-2019 01:16 PM

Least Deserving Hall of Famers: Round 3, Heat 2

PICK THREE.

We're down to the worst 21 Hall of Fame players, so we'll have two heats. Pick the three players who are LEAST deserving of a Hall of Fame bust.

Rain Man 07-10-2019 01:23 PM

I went with:

1. Floyd Little. I think this guy could go all the way. He had one good season, and another one that would've been good if he hadn't missed a bunch of games. He only had four seasons where he even had 200 carries. I can find guys on the street who can get me 3.9 yards per carry with 182 runs per year.

2. Terrell Davis. Short career, system back. He's marginally better than Olandis Gary and Mike Anderson. Couldn't carry Jamaal Charles' jock.

3. Ken Stabler. Meh. Average NFL quarterback. Never in the top tier of the league when he played.

Wayne Millner has been my guy for a while in this contest, but I'm giving Wayne a pass at this level of competition. I really think Floyd Little is my candidate from here on out. The guy did nothing of note.

Amnorix 07-10-2019 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 14342047)
I went with:

1. Floyd Little. I think this guy could go all the way. He had one good season, and another one that would've been good if he hadn't missed a bunch of games. He only had four seasons where he even had 200 carries. I can find guys on the street who can get me 3.9 yards per carry with 182 runs per year.

2. Terrell Davis. Short career, system back. He's marginally better than Olandis Gary and Mike Anderson. Couldn't carry Jamaal Charles' jock.

3. Ken Stabler. Meh. Average NFL quarterback. Never in the top tier of the league when he played.

Wayne Millner has been my guy for a while in this contest, but I'm giving Wayne a pass at this level of competition. I really think Floyd Little is my candidate from here on out. The guy did nothing of note.

:LOL: Your anti-non-Chiefs AFC West bias is showing a bit. :D

Rain Man 07-10-2019 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amnorix (Post 14342049)
:LOL: Your anti-non-Chiefs AFC West bias is showing a bit. :D

Well...I was self-reflecting on that a bit myself. But I'm rationalizing that I saw those guys play a lot, and they were mediocre and evil.

In my defense, I'll note that I actually didn't vote against John Elway in his most recent heat. I felt really guilty about that, but there were worse players on the list.

oldman 07-10-2019 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 14342047)
I went with:

Agree, 100%. In Little's defense, he was the best Denver had for a long time.

Amnorix 07-10-2019 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 14342057)
Well...I was self-reflecting on that a bit myself. But I'm rationalizing that I saw those guys play a lot, and they were mediocre and evil.

In my defense, I'll note that I actually didn't vote against John Elway in his most recent heat. I felt really guilty about that, but there were worse players on the list.

I'm surprised at your restraint there on the Elway thing. :D

I get it on Little. Davis is a close call, due to how short his career was. At some point hte balance between dominance and length of career tips over into HOF-worthy, and it's a tough call sometimes there.

Stabler -- NFL MVP, 2x First Team all Pro, 4x Pro Bowl, 2nd team all 1970s team, NFL Championship. Seems like enough to me at the QB position, but I'm constantly annoyed at how QBs dominate the HOF so I'm sure I could find a way to remove some QBs and sub in some other guys at other positions if pressed.

smithandrew051 07-10-2019 01:41 PM

Stat wise, Terrell Davis had 3 amazing seasons, 1 pretty good season, and 3 terrible/shortened seasons. I don’t see how that career is hall-worthy.