ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV The Official "Lost" the series discussion (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=100674)

Deberg_1990 10-06-2004 04:29 PM

The Official "Lost" the series discussion

I figured I would start a thread for this and see what happens....there seemed to be quite a few viewers on the board for this show the past few weeks.....I like the direction the show is taking so far......episode 3 tonight at 7 central on ABC....

cdcox 10-06-2004 04:32 PM

We just won our first game and you go start a thread about the lost season. Just when we get some hope, you are all ready to throw water on it. Go start a draft thread or something why don't you...

... oh. Never mind.

Deberg_1990 10-06-2004 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdcox
We just won our first game and you go start a thread about the lost season. Just when we get some hope, you are all ready to throw water on it. Go start a draft thread or something why don't you...

... oh. Never mind.

funny..

jspchief 10-06-2004 05:14 PM

I'm going to try and watch tonight. I've missed the first two, but I'll never get em back so I might as well get in late.

Frazod 10-06-2004 06:01 PM

On NOW.

Skip Towne 10-06-2004 06:04 PM

Will this conflict with the Andy Griffith Show?

Frazod 10-06-2004 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skip Towne
Will this conflict with the Andy Griffith Show?

Only if you travel back in time to 1960..... :D

Deberg_1990 10-06-2004 06:07 PM

Uhh..dude..she looks pretty hardcore.....I love this dude...hes just the "average joe" character...

KingPriest2 10-06-2004 06:08 PM

Good show The doc just found out his crush is a criminal

Frazod 10-06-2004 06:08 PM

I've always been drawn to violent women.... :spock:

KingPriest2 10-06-2004 06:08 PM

I wonder if Charlie is going to have drug fits tonite.

Frazod 10-06-2004 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KingPriest2
I wonder if Charlie is going to have drug fits tonite.

The question isn't if - it's what he'll do when he gets them.

KingPriest2 10-06-2004 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod
The question isn't if - it's what he'll do when he gets them.

I know but oh nevermind

KingPriest2 10-06-2004 06:15 PM

I wonder if he is going to keep quiet and what is going to happen when she realizes he is awake.

Frazod 10-06-2004 06:15 PM

I think she forgot to mention OH BY THE WAY WE KILLED A fuckING POLAR BEAR

ROFL

Deberg_1990 10-06-2004 06:16 PM

Quote:

I think she forgot to mention OH BY THE WAY WE KILLED A fuckING POLAR BEAR

ROFL

hahah......oh no biggie...pay it no heed...

Frazod 10-06-2004 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990
hahah......oh no biggie...pay it no heed...

They should have carved that fucker up and brought some meat back to camp. Better than the mystery sushi the evile Korean dude is serving. :D

Frazod 10-06-2004 06:22 PM

That tall blond-headed guy is a dick, but he's got the right idea.

KingPriest2 10-06-2004 06:23 PM

Quote:

They should have carved that fucker up and brought some meat back to camp. Better than the mystery sushi the evile Korean dude is serving. :D

True What is up with Looter Guy? That guy is crazy.

Frazod 10-06-2004 06:26 PM

Quote:

True What is up with Looter Guy? That guy is crazy.

I kind of like him. :D

KingPriest2 10-06-2004 06:27 PM

Bingo! Just like I thought she tried to kill him

KingPriest2 10-06-2004 06:27 PM

Quote:

I kind of like him. :D

:hmmm: Interesting.

KingPriest2 10-06-2004 06:28 PM

Secrets out!

KingPriest2 10-06-2004 06:28 PM

I wonder if she kills that guy.

KingPriest2 10-06-2004 06:29 PM

Quote:

I wonder if she kills that guy.

Guess wrong.

Frazod 10-06-2004 06:29 PM

Quote:

:hmmm: Interesting.

I just think he has the right idea about surviving.

Deberg_1990 10-06-2004 06:30 PM

Damn..that old Aussie bastard turned her in!!

Frazod 10-06-2004 06:31 PM

Quote:

Damn..that old Aussie bastard turned her in!!

I guess she should have been giving up the booty. :D

VonneMarie 10-06-2004 06:31 PM

He turned Kate in???

Frazod 10-06-2004 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sky
He turned Kate in???

Yep.

KcMizzou 10-06-2004 06:33 PM

So what do you suppose she did? I bet she snapped and killed her abusive hubby or something. I doubt she'll end up being a "bad guy".

Frazod 10-06-2004 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KcMizzou
So what do you suppose she did? I bet she snapped and killed her abusive hubby or something. I doubt she'll end up being a "bad guy".

It would be cool if she was, though. Evile bitches are entertaining. :evil:

Frazod 10-06-2004 06:36 PM

Don't write checks with your mouth you don't want to have to cash with your ass. :D

VonneMarie 10-06-2004 06:37 PM

Jack's pretty hot. :)

KingPriest2 10-06-2004 06:40 PM

Quote:

I just think he has the right idea about surviving.

I agree with you there.

KcMizzou 10-06-2004 06:40 PM

Quote:

Yeah... that'd be much more interesting.

Deberg_1990 10-06-2004 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KcMizzou

I think it would be a nice "twist" if she ended up being the prime bad guy for this show.....

KcMizzou 10-06-2004 06:41 PM

Quote:

I think it would be a nice "twist" if she ended up being the prime bad guy for this show.....

Yup.

VonneMarie 10-06-2004 06:42 PM

I get the feeling she was framed and is innocent.

Frazod 10-06-2004 06:43 PM

Well, that cop sure thinks she sucks.

Frazod 10-06-2004 06:45 PM

She's certainly nicer than I would have been - I'd have let the fucker roast.

VonneMarie 10-06-2004 06:46 PM

Quote:

She's certainly nicer than I would have been - I'd have let the fucker roast.

Because you're evil.

Frazod 10-06-2004 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sky
Because you're evil.

That and vindictive.... :fire:

Jenson71 10-06-2004 06:48 PM

How bout CSI: New York? I saw the last one. Kinda made me sick (rats) but I liked it. I like Sinese? but he's no Gil Grissom.

VonneMarie 10-06-2004 06:50 PM

That dude just won't die!

KcMizzou 10-06-2004 06:50 PM

Jesus... dumb sonofabitch.

Frazod 10-06-2004 06:50 PM

Why would you NOT make that a headshot? :shake:

VonneMarie 10-06-2004 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sky
That dude just won't die!

I stand corrected.

He should've went for the head.

KingPriest2 10-06-2004 06:53 PM

Walt Walt Walt come on guy You wanted to do what you wanted but you have to do it right

sucked I had a phone call in the best part of the show

Frazod 10-06-2004 06:55 PM

Bald dude made a dog whistle. That's awesome! :thumb:

Hope the bears don't have dog hearing, though. :spock:

KcMizzou 10-06-2004 06:55 PM

Dog whistle... cool.

Frazod 10-06-2004 06:56 PM

Shut up, dammit! WE WANT TO KNOW! :cuss:

VonneMarie 10-06-2004 06:57 PM

What a crock, I wanna know what Kate did!!!

Frazod 10-06-2004 07:00 PM

Dog - it's what's for dinner. :evil:

KingPriest2 10-06-2004 07:01 PM

I wonder what is up with that old guy.

KingPriest2 10-06-2004 07:03 PM

Preview for next week

Episode 04: Walkabout
Survivors are jolted awake in the middle of the night when wild island beasts invade the beach encampment. Kate and Michael join the mysterious Locke on a hunt for food -- and a shocking secret about Locke is revealed. Meanwhile, some survivors are horrified by Jack's plan for the dead bodies still scattered among the wreckage, and Jack sees someone in the jungle who might not have been on the plane. Also, Jack flashes back at 12 years old, to find himself on the playground in an altercation with a bully,who ultimately beats him up, and later learns a life lesson from his father.
Original US Airdate: 13 October 2004
Written by: David Fury
Directed by: Jack Bender
Promo Pictures (29) | Screencaps

VonneMarie 10-06-2004 07:05 PM

I hope they die slow horrible deaths for not telling us Kates' story! :cuss:

OmahaChief 10-06-2004 07:06 PM

This series is really great so far.

As for the old guy, I have to wonder if he is not supposed to be some type of guardian angel. The part of the cabin he was in a lot of folks lived, it seems that the people that lived all have flaws in their lives that he is trying to help right.

KingPriest2 10-06-2004 07:06 PM

Lost - Goofs and Nitpicks Guide

• Show Main
• Episode List
• Episode Guide
• Episode Reviews
• Feature Articles
• Cast Guide
• Crew Guide
• Forum

Season 1
1. Pilot (1)

In such a violent plane crash how was the kid's dog able to sustain absolutely NO injuries while everyone else had natural brusies, cuts, etc.?
How is it that Jack was the only one that landed in the forest alone while all the other passengers landed on the beach? He couldn't have seperated that far from the crash alone.
Response: Jack could of been sucked out the plane before it crashed.
Response: The dog could be injured, they may have just not shown it. It may just have no external wounds.
Having a running engine on the beach made for a pretty dynamic rescue scene, but when the nose section came off, all controls to the engine would be lost, and it would have started spooling down at that point and quickly gotten to where it would not have the power to pull anyone off their feet.
I'm not aware of any passenger jet, that lost nose or tail in flight, and had any survivors. Would lead to a very violent crash, and the biggest pieces you'd find would likely be less than 2 foot by 2 foot, with the wings rupturing and fuel exploding.
In the climactic scene where the trio find the pilot's winged badge, is it really possible to look into lapping waves and see a reflection of a body in the treetops above?
Even if the jet engine were still functioning well enough to suck a human being off the beach, why would this cause it to explode? And given that it does explode, why are none of the survivors injured?
Response: One of the survivers was killed when it exploded actually.
Notice in the first flashback that Jack has, the attendant announces the "pilot" has turned on the seat belt sign, the next two flashbacks are the same except she says "captain." Trifling but odd!
Jack chastizes the "Lifeguard" for not tilting the woman's head back while performing mouth to mouth, good advise, but when he takes over, he makes no attempt to tilt her head either. Beyond that, his cpr chest compressions were so weak, they would not have had much if any effect.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2. Pilot (2)

Fact: A bear's muscles are soo dense if you empty an entire handgun clip into a bear at point blank not a single bullet will reach the rip cage. I suppose he got off a few head shots, but the bears face seemed fine.
The stuff they were saying in French on the radio was not really as the girl translated. it was rather saying: "it is outside, they are all dead, please help us". And then "If anyone hears this,I'll try to reach the black rock".
Is it really a goof she got the French wrong? She said she "drank instead of studied" when she was in Paris.
Regarding the translation of the French transmission not matching what was actually said: This could simply be due to Shannon's lack of fluency in French. There could be vital information that they've now missed because of her, and that could be part of the plot.
The handgun was awfully large to be kept in an ankle holster.
Charlie, in a flashback scene to the airplane, is getting ill from turbulance and in need of a fix, races to the lav just behind the flight deck for a snort, then dumps his stash in toilet before rough turbulance hits. He then exits the lav and moves at most a couple rows back before jumping into a seat as masks fall. This would have put him in the front section of plane in jungle, that no passengers survived, not the mid (wing) section on beach. That nose section appears long enough for 2 class sections.
We see Charlie's cool retro shoes in the bathroom on the plane, but when they are climbing up to higher ground he is wearing brown boots.
RE: Charlie's Shoes--Maybe he switched shoes before going hiking like Kate did.
They won't allow you to bring a knife on board, but they will sell you all sorts of blades on the plane - razors, nail scissors etc.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Deberg_1990 10-06-2004 07:07 PM

Quote:

I wonder what is up with that old guy.

Isnt it obvious yet?? Somehow hes incahoots with the mad scientist that runs the island. Basically hes Igor to Dr. Frankenstein.....he helped the good doctor bring down the plane for the Dr.'s next experiment!

OmahaChief 10-06-2004 07:12 PM

Quote:

Lost - Goofs and Nitpicks Guide

• Show Main
• Episode List
• Episode Guide
• Episode Reviews
• Feature Articles
• Cast Guide
• Crew Guide
• Forum

Season 1
1. Pilot (1)

In such a violent plane crash how was the kid's dog able to sustain absolutely NO injuries while everyone else had natural brusies, cuts, etc.?
How is it that Jack was the only one that landed in the forest alone while all the other passengers landed on the beach? He couldn't have seperated that far from the crash alone.
Response: Jack could of been sucked out the plane before it crashed.
Response: The dog could be injured, they may have just not shown it. It may just have no external wounds.
Having a running engine on the beach made for a pretty dynamic rescue scene, but when the nose section came off, all controls to the engine would be lost, and it would have started spooling down at that point and quickly gotten to where it would not have the power to pull anyone off their feet.
I'm not aware of any passenger jet, that lost nose or tail in flight, and had any survivors. Would lead to a very violent crash, and the biggest pieces you'd find would likely be less than 2 foot by 2 foot, with the wings rupturing and fuel exploding.
In the climactic scene where the trio find the pilot's winged badge, is it really possible to look into lapping waves and see a reflection of a body in the treetops above?
Even if the jet engine were still functioning well enough to suck a human being off the beach, why would this cause it to explode? And given that it does explode, why are none of the survivors injured?
Response: One of the survivers was killed when it exploded actually.
Notice in the first flashback that Jack has, the attendant announces the "pilot" has turned on the seat belt sign, the next two flashbacks are the same except she says "captain." Trifling but odd!
Jack chastizes the "Lifeguard" for not tilting the woman's head back while performing mouth to mouth, good advise, but when he takes over, he makes no attempt to tilt her head either. Beyond that, his cpr chest compressions were so weak, they would not have had much if any effect.

2. Pilot (2)

Fact: A bear's muscles are soo dense if you empty an entire handgun clip into a bear at point blank not a single bullet will reach the rip cage. I suppose he got off a few head shots, but the bears face seemed fine.
The stuff they were saying in French on the radio was not really as the girl translated. it was rather saying: "it is outside, they are all dead, please help us". And then "If anyone hears this,I'll try to reach the black rock".
Is it really a goof she got the French wrong? She said she "drank instead of studied" when she was in Paris.
Regarding the translation of the French transmission not matching what was actually said: This could simply be due to Shannon's lack of fluency in French. There could be vital information that they've now missed because of her, and that could be part of the plot.
The handgun was awfully large to be kept in an ankle holster.
Charlie, in a flashback scene to the airplane, is getting ill from turbulance and in need of a fix, races to the lav just behind the flight deck for a snort, then dumps his stash in toilet before rough turbulance hits. He then exits the lav and moves at most a couple rows back before jumping into a seat as masks fall. This would have put him in the front section of plane in jungle, that no passengers survived, not the mid (wing) section on beach. That nose section appears long enough for 2 class sections.
We see Charlie's cool retro shoes in the bathroom on the plane, but when they are climbing up to higher ground he is wearing brown boots.
RE: Charlie's Shoes--Maybe he switched shoes before going hiking like Kate did.
They won't allow you to bring a knife on board, but they will sell you all sorts of blades on the plane - razors, nail scissors etc.

These people fail to realize that this is entertainment, not some re-enactment of actual events. I don't need my TV 100% accurate because it it was it would be boring as hell.

Ahh why was a polar bear in the jungle... ahh that can't happen this show is inaccurate. Damn them!

ROFL

KcMizzou 10-06-2004 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OmahaChief
These people fail to realize that this is entertainment, not some re-enactment of actual events. I don't need my TV 100% accurate because it it was it would be boring as hell.

Amen. I really don't feel the need to analyze things quite that much.

Miles 10-06-2004 07:35 PM

Quote:

I was thinking the same thing. Though she did have that hot evil look in that mugshot and the US Marshall said she was full of shit.

Deberg_1990 10-06-2004 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miles Teg
I was thinking the same thing. Though she did have that hot evil look in that mugshot and the US Marshall said she was full of shit.

She is smokin hot.....ive never seen or heard of her before??

Miles 10-06-2004 07:49 PM

Quote:

Yeah she is incredibly hot. I havent seen her before either...looked he up on IMDB and she hasnt been in anything other than some video game show.

Nzoner 10-06-2004 08:10 PM

Damn I missed the first 30 minutes,can someone fill me in.

Deberg_1990 10-06-2004 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nzoner 338
Damn I missed the first 30 minutes,can someone fill me in.

Well..basically, most of the episode was about Kate..lots of flashbacks to her time spent in Australia...some old Aussie dude found her on his farm and gave her a job. She worked for him for 3 months before she tried to bail on him. He found her trying to leave in the middle of the night but told her that he would take her to the train station in the morning. Unbeknowest to her, he was trying to turn her in for the reward money of $23,000. She tried to take control of the truck the farmer was driving and ended up causing a wreck nearly killing them both. She was able to pull "Farmer John" out of the wreck and saved his life, but in the process was captured by the cop who was tailing them. They still havent said what her crimes were???

Ultra Peanut 10-06-2004 10:11 PM

Quote:

Currful, though.
http://www.epi.hss.state.ak.us/bulle...s/b1987_17.htm

The show's batting 2 of 2 with me so far. Excellent episode.

Ultra Peanut 10-06-2004 10:29 PM

Oh, by the way, nice shot, deadeye! How the hell did he kill a polar bear?!

Frazod 10-06-2004 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Psicosis
Oh, by the way, nice shot, deadeye! How the hell did he kill a polar bear?!

No kidding.

Personally, I was surprised when he came out of the tent. I figured Kate would simply hand the cop the gun and have him check himself out (sort of like Quigley Down Under).

Ultra Peanut 10-06-2004 10:40 PM

Quote:

Personally, I was surprised when he came out of the tent. I figured Kate would simply hand the cop the gun and have him check himself out (sort of like Quigley Down Under).

That's what I was thinking at first, too.

Fairplay 10-06-2004 10:49 PM

Quote:

She will be on the show for a while. Shes to smokin and has an intrigueing character for a monstie to eat her up too soon.That cop dude is annoying and has to get booted off the island somehow.
Even if it means her killin him.

Frazod 10-06-2004 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fairplay
She will be on the show for a while. Shes to smokin and has an intrigueing character for a monstie to eat her up too soon.That cop dude is annoying and has to get booted off the island somehow.
Even if it means her killin him.

I'm pretty sure the cop expired. Doc left the tent too quickly.

Miles 10-06-2004 10:52 PM

Quote:

Yeah Im pretty sure Doc finished him off.

Fairplay 10-06-2004 10:53 PM

Quote:

I didn't see that part my friend, let alone much of the show. What is the synopisis of the show?

Frazod 10-06-2004 10:55 PM

Perhaps the next time big blonde doofus nexts to cap somebody, they can produce a red sharpie from the plane wreckage and draw a big X on the victim's forehead.

:stupid:

Fairplay 10-06-2004 10:57 PM

Quote:

Perhaps the next time big blonde doofus nexts to cap somebody, they can produce a red sharpie from the plane wreckage and draw a big X on the victim's forehead.

:stupid:

Shoot here stupid! Did they show any monsties in this episode?

Frazod 10-06-2004 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fairplay
Shoot here stupid! Did they show any monsties in this episode?

Nope. One guy got chased, but the tall weeds hid it.

I'll be we won't get a good look at them until the season finale. Bastards! :cuss:

KingPriest2 10-06-2004 11:13 PM

I read somewhere this relates to the Bible in a sort of wa the 40 days and 40 nights.

Alton deFlat 10-07-2004 07:58 AM

Quote:

Well..basically, most of the episode was about Kate..lots of flashbacks to her time spent in Australia...some old Aussie dude found her on his farm and gave her a job. She worked for him for 3 months before she tried to bail on him. He found her trying to leave in the middle of the night but told her that he would take her to the train station in the morning. Unbeknowest to her, he was trying to turn her in for the reward money of $23,000. She tried to take control of the truck the farmer was driving and ended up causing a wreck nearly killing them both. She was able to pull "Farmer John" out of the wreck and saved his life, but in the process was captured by the cop who was tailing them. They still havent said what her crimes were???

You forgot to mention that she pulled his friggin' arm off, dragging him out of the truck. ;)