ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Chiefs on verge of a deal with Andy Reid (merged) (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268357)

siberian khatru 01-02-2013 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YayMike (Post 9269981)
Maybe i'm under reacting, but if we get Reid and he is the de-facto GM and Pioli is just a douchebag getting paid 6MM to run the business side of things, then i just dont give a shit. Bring him to the meetings, have him serve Reid BBQ, but dont let him make one goddamn move with the personnel, roster management, coaching staff or draft and its A-OK as me.

Rename Pioli's job title to Executive Operation Dickbag on paper, hire Reid and call it a ****ing day.

I'm sorry, no under-reacting is allowed on CP. Only overreacting.

jd1020 01-02-2013 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefMojo (Post 9270036)
It is 5:50 PM central time now, 4:00 PM eastern time could make sense. If they had already wrapped up the interview that meant Reid left the interview around 5:00 PM central range. So Mort's report could be accurate in saying he left at 4:00 PM eastern.

If he just got done with a 9 hour interview within the last 10-15 mins how does 4PM make sense?

The Franchise 01-02-2013 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsandO'sfan (Post 9270042)
Why did Mass wait till Howard reported this? Just Piggybacking off Howard.

Fescoe tweeted asking someone to confirm that Pioli wasn't at Arrowhead today. Maas responded.

The Franchise 01-02-2013 05:53 PM

Bob Fescoe ‏@bobfescoe

Hearing that Pioli was IN FACT part of the Reid interview today. Along with Clark and Mark Donovan and a few others #chiefs

O.city 01-02-2013 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9270041)
No.

I'm saying that a certain group of people here (not specifically you) are all up in arms about Pioli remaining in the same capacity he had in New England because he's gonna "screw it up" yet they've spent the last 4 years saying Pioli had NOTHING to do with the success in New England, "it was all BB".

The two cannot be simultaneously true.

So we are gonna keep him on a nd pay him millions to do nothing? Thats not very good business, IMO.

RustShack 01-02-2013 05:54 PM

Pioli is pretty good at being a GM, his problem was he was doing a lot more than being just the GM. Clark is a lot more involved now, and the HC will have more power. I don't think its going to be that bad. Cassel will no longer be the QB. Reid will tell Pioli who he wants, and he will go get said player. It wont be up to Pioli anymore to set our starting lineup.

ChiefMojo 01-02-2013 05:54 PM

If Pioli is here in a personnel role next season, it won't be pulling the strings. He would basically be scouting and doing whatever Reid or whomever is the head coach says. It will be like what he was in New England. He would have no power, just be a top personnel staffer. Maybe that isn't that horrible of a idea, he wouldn't be calling the shots. What would be interesting is what type of scouting system and players would we be going after? Could Pioli handle that aspect?

siberian khatru 01-02-2013 05:54 PM

Did Belichick and Pioli each report to Kraft in NE? Or just Pioli?

SAUTO 01-02-2013 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Smoke (Post 9269961)
Mort said he was on a plane to AZ around 4pm

somewhere someone else said he was on a plane at ten or eleven this morning.

And yeah I'm not looking it up.
Posted via Mobile Device

Mother****erJones 01-02-2013 05:55 PM

They report to Kraft

O.city 01-02-2013 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefMojo (Post 9270057)
If Pioli is here in a personnel role next season, it won't be pulling the strings. He would basically be scouting and doing whatever Reid or whomever is the head coach says. It will be like what he was in New England. He would have no power, just be a top personnel staffer. Maybe that isn't that horrible of a idea, he wouldn't be calling the shots. What would be interesting is what type of scouting system and players would we be going after? Could Pioli handle that aspect?

He has such a great record being a scout? I thought all his drafts were awful?

bowener 01-02-2013 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 9270048)
You think Clark wasn't prepared? He brought 2 jets to Philly. One for him and the other execs. The other filled with Gates, Oklahoma Joes, and Jack Stack bbq.

That plane would smell so awesome. I hope they did it sushi style and served the BBQ on naked women lying as tables.

htismaqe 01-02-2013 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9270054)
So we are gonna keep him on a nd pay him millions to do nothing? Thats not very good business, IMO.

That's not at all what I said.

dirk digler 01-02-2013 05:55 PM

So the rationalizing of Pioli staying is beginning to start.

RustShack 01-02-2013 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9270054)

GM's don't do nothing. Most don't have as much power as Pioli had here either.