ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Home and Auto F'N Sprint (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=274467)

The Bad Guy 07-11-2013 05:28 PM

F'N Sprint

I've been with Sprint 12 years and I've just about reached my breaking point.

I called Saturday night about their new Terms and Conditions. New conditions have 2 new clauses that I'm not comfortable with. Here is the gist of what I'm not happy about in the T&C land.

1) Sprint can determine how long your phone call can be and drop the call whenever they deem appropriate.

2) Sprint can act as a collection agency and call your employer if you owe them money. This is basically illegal and only regular collection agencies can do this, not Sprint reps.

So I call Saturday about my displeasure and they tell me too bad, it's not a material change. Any contract adjustment is a material change I tell them. It's not a monetary change because the price isn't going up, but cutting my calls when you want, and calling my employer if my bill to collect money absolutely is material. I said I have 30 days from July 1, which is when this posted to express my desire to leave ETF free. They refuse to let me out. I have had 5 lines on my account and my bill each month for the last 10 years has been around 250.

I called them back yesterday about all of this again, and tell them on top of the T&C issue, my cell service is just awful. It dropped 2 calls with my employer yesterday, I don't get even 3G in most places in my area (my wife has At&t and gets LTE, my mom has Verizon and gets 4G) and Sprint cant tell me when 4G or LTE will be available. I told the rep I was tired of paying high speed prices when they are providing dial up service.

She says they'd let me out if I return all of the iPhones on the account. I told her to eat shit. They've gotten the subsidies from the phones over the last year. The iPhones were over 1,200 last year and my ETF is 500.

Has anyone had success getting out of their Sprint contract? I've just had it with them.

Deberg_1990 07-11-2013 05:30 PM

F'N Insert ATT, Verizon, T-Mobile or Sprint here _________________
Posted via Mobile Device

CrazyPhuD 07-11-2013 05:36 PM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/bOR38552MJA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

WakkaWakka 07-11-2013 05:42 PM

Anytime a cell phone company changes the terms and conditions of the contract, you have the right to cancel with no ETF. If you're not happy, just leave.

KChiefer 07-11-2013 05:49 PM

Here's a thread of people talking about this.

http://slickdeals.net/f/6056224-Spri...eave-ETF-free?

I didn't read much of it, but hope it helps.

MTG#10 07-11-2013 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DisgruntledFan (Post 9806222)
Anytime a cell phone company changes the terms and conditions of the contract, you have the right to cancel with no ETF. If you're not happy, just leave.

This. They're just trying to scare you out of canceling. Call them back while recording the line this time (you have to let them know), tell them you are canceling your service, state the reasons why, then if they later try to turn you in to collections sue the shit out of them.

TribalElder 07-11-2013 05:59 PM

Sprint is now Japanese

Budweiser is now Belgium

'Murica

Virgin mobile uses sprints towers for half the price and no contract

Omaha 07-11-2013 06:13 PM

I dumped them about 2 years ago and I've not had a single problem with Verizon. I had to pay the fee, but they bought my phones from me so it was a wash. They are a horrible company.

Dante84 07-11-2013 06:43 PM

Tell them your brother is a producer at KCTV5, and can easily turn this into a local story that will surely grow legs.

Valiant 07-11-2013 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DisgruntledFan (Post 9806222)

He can cancel without etf if he returns the phones. That is the point of subsidy contracts. If not you could get a new phone and cancel out for free. Sell the phones and profit. Normal etfs are 200 to 250 a phone. Sounds like he is getting half off for the year he has paid.

Unless I am missing something it sounds fair.

The Bad Guy 07-11-2013 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valiant (Post 9806304)
He can cancel without etf if he returns the phones. That is the point of subsidy contracts. If not you could get a new phone and cancel out for free. Sell the phones and profit. Normal etfs are 200 to 250 a phone. Sounds like he is getting half off for the year he has paid.

Unless I am missing something it sounds fair.

Returning the phones that I paid 1200 for is absurd. When Sprint doesn't keep up with the times and I'm paying high speed prices for dial up service that's just bad business.

Sprint has gotten 12 years of business out of me. The year subsidy they got on the phones is more than enough to cover the business I've given them.

Mr. Flopnuts 07-11-2013 07:15 PM

I dumped them and took my phones to Ting. I have not paid them so while the phones are locked Ting did not care. In the mean time as a former credit manager and well versed in contracts and what not this won't go on my credit and if it does it won't stay there for long. I too had been with them over 10 years and will never do business directly with them again.

okcchief 07-11-2013 07:15 PM

I worked for Sprint years ago. I know then if you moved out of coverage area they had to let you out. They also required no proof of the move. Of course that was before roaming was included in plans like today so it maybe different. Its worth a try. Find a place that has no coverage and claim you're movong there.

CoMoChief 07-11-2013 08:25 PM

Dude Sprint told like 2,500 of their customers to **** off....gave them $400 or something like that just to go away. They're a shit ran business from a customer service standpoint.

Setsuna 07-11-2013 09:27 PM

I've had success when my contract was up. And now I'm getting out of T-mobile as well. Going to Straight Talk tomorrow.